nylyon

New Horse Hauler

nylyon
8 hours ago, Zeek said:

Nice Karl! (That leaves more Ford's for the rest of us :teasing-poke:)

I'll bring a tow strap to pull you Dodge guys out when they get stuck. Here's a picture from my owners manual :teasing-wedgie::laughing-rolling:  (Seriously, all the new trucks are sweet :orcs-cheers:)

The same owner of the Dodge dealer owns a Ford dealer as well.  Unfortunately they didn't have any Platinum's to look at, but I was able to get into a loaded Lariat and there were certainly some VERY nice options on the Fords.  Adaptive Cruise, Lane Assist, trailer blind spot.... made the decision really difficult, but in the end, I have just wanted a Ram Cummins for a long time.  I like the look of the Ram better (can't get used to the Platinum led's around the lights) and the interior is nicer in the Ram (in my opinion of course)

Sure am glad they put front tow hooks on mine, so those Fords can imagine pulling it out!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

nylyon
On 6/11/2018 at 10:12 PM, Rob R said:

Wow! way to go Karl.... love the color love the Cummins...…   make sure you stop on your way-by sometime SOON..... green with envy...….

@Rob R Gonna drive past in 10 minutes, if'n I see ya, I'll stop!

• Haha 1

nylyon
On 6/12/2018 at 9:53 AM, WHX19 said:

Ahh I see, Did you get the very expensive diesel filler cap as well? :lol: If so Amazon has some nice billet ones for eight bucks. Let me know for a :text-link:

Fixed.... thank you!

IMG_0155.JPG

• Excellent 2

WHX??

Nice your :text-welcomewave:...Can't beat jungle site Prime...free two day shipping! Mine came with an extra o-ring to get lost in the glove box and magnetic to stick to the back of the filler door when fueling. The o-ring holds it in pretty tight and my wife couldn't  get it off so I greased the o-ring a tad.

nylyon

My big and little.

IMG_0157.JPG

• Like 4

Zeek

I may have missed it, but YOU BETTER BE BRING'IN THAT TO THE SHOW!! :auto-camptrailer: Plus when we talked, I took your 5th wheel advice to heart when I bought a hitch :thumbs2:

Edited by Zeek

Zeek
On 6/13/2018 at 4:12 AM, squonk said:

I see stretch marks from pulling that house you call a fifth wheel around! :lol:

That will be our real house soon . . . I retire from my job 6/30/18 and the house goes on the market 7/1/18. We are gonna travel around a bit while we have the opportunity (and I have to start paying my wife's health insurance).  :auto-camptrailer:

• Like 1

nylyon
2 hours ago, Zeek said:

I may have missed it, but YOU BETTER BE BRING'IN THAT TO THE SHOW!! :auto-camptrailer: Plus when we talked, I took your 5th wheel advice to heart when I bought a hitch :thumbs2:

I don't think that it will all be ready.  Getting the hitch tomorrow, then have to raise the camper since this truck sits higher than the F250.  So much to do, so little time, but it would be fun to make it to the show.  Would love the company again.

Zeek
23 hours ago, nylyon said:

I don't think that it will all be ready.  Getting the hitch tomorrow, then have to raise the camper since this truck sits higher than the F250.  So much to do, so little time, but it would be fun to make it to the show.  Would love the company again.

Oh well, I understand that completely!

nylyon

Hitting the road!  Short trip, but have been itching to go camping with the "horse" hauler :)

IMG_2207.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

posifour11

Congrats! I'm waiting on my ship to come in to buy a new vehicle. Wife's car needs have always taken priority because of the kids. But, they're all adults now. Next one is mine. :auto-swerve:never had a new one. 

slammer302

I bought a dodge durango for the wife to drive been using it as the horse hauler too best of both worlds family wagon and tow rig. The hemi loves the fuel though.