Chris G

Speedex S18 and Swisher Ride King

WHNJ701

that looks like a panzer color, really 1988 I thought they were older?

• Thanks 1

WHX??

Looks good,  kinda like a Panzer color. Rubber looks real nice and the moons :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

Chris G

Ya I contacted the swisher company and they said it's a 1988. But from what I have found they have been built since the late 50s and are still built today. The color is a high gloss light turquoise. Pretty similar to the Pennsylvania Panzer. I just wanted to change it up.

• Excellent 2

Achto

Really like the new look!! :handgestures-thumbupright: Can't wait to see the finished product.

• Thanks 1

WHX??

Just found a couple on CL. Newer ones but decent prices so they must be around yet. Not quite in the budget at this time tho. :(

• Sad 1

Chris G

Ya I got lucky on this one. I have been looking at them for awhile. But when they pop up for sale they were usually more then what I was willing to spend myself. Then I kinda just stumbled upon this one and believe it or not I only paid $60 for it. I figures for that price I can't go wrong, even if I got to do some work to it.

• Excellent 2

WHX??

550 for the "round hood" and 700 for the square hood ... seems low to me?? I'd say you did real well Chris.

00S0S_krSqDlX9y5N_600x450.jpg

00O0O_3UDUedkS2BV_600x450.jpg

Edited by WHX20
  • Like 2

Chris G

The square hood is probably right around the same year as mine. The other is the newest style of them. But those prices are not to bad. I seen two of the newer ones come up for sale In the last year and people were asking 1300 to 1500. One of the 8hp 2 speed square hoods came up for sale not running and the guy wanted 950 for it. 

WHX??
23 minutes ago, Chris G said:

asking 1300 to 1500.

No doubt when I see what they want for a new one.

I think yours is much older as it appears you have what appears an old Fairbanks recoil.??? You mentioned an '88 ?? I would have guessed yours is much older??

Edited by WHX20

Chris G

Ya the guy I got it from said he thought it was a late 60s. But when I gave the model and serial number off the tractor and engine to swisher they said it was a 1988. I figured it was older as well. 

Chris G

Here's the progress on the Swisher. I'm super happy with. The way it's turning out.

20180711_170927.jpg

20180711_170940.jpg

20180711_170952.jpg

20180711_171016.jpg

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1