ebinmaine

Agri Fab 10 cubic foot trailer modification.

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Eric if you want to make that trailer easier to unload you should look into a linear actuator, always thought about one for my 17 cu ft trailer, Jeff.   https://www.robotshop.com/en/12vdc-24-stroke-force-linear-actuator.html

I've been putting some thought into that one as well.

I would have room to bolt it on under the trailer if I could figure out the bracket type situation.

The other thing is a cost issue. I found a couple that were in the 150 to $200 range like that one but that's a lot more than I really wanted to put into this trailer right now.

I think for now what I'm going to do is put a 4-5 foot vertical stand and attach a boat winch or something along that line. Perhaps a come along.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

The brackets are the easy and cheap part, and I believe between 12-24" stroke would be what you need and thrust force should always be rated more than actual load.

Screenshot_20181014-141118.png

Screenshot_20181014-141034.png

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

brackets are the easy and cheap part, and I believe between 12-24" stroke would be what you need and thrust force should always be rated more than actual load.

Those brackets look good. Those would work perfectly actually.

I think I would probably want to go to a 24-inch.

The load in this trailer would weigh over a thousand pounds when full.

I'm not sure how much of the percentage of that would be on the wheels versus how much would be needed to be lifted.

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Now hold on a minute there mister!

We may have something there. I'm going to have to put some thought into this.

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Well, here's what I came up with as a temporary stop Gap measure for my hoist situation.

@Mows4three

@Machineguy

I might try to pick up a very inexpensive boat trailer hoist and bolt it to the bottom of either the tongue or the vertical piece.

More experimentation to follow...

It seems to work fairly well with an empty trailer. Empty. Not full. No idea what's going to happen when I put a thousand pounds of rocks in it.

:lol:

IMG_20181014_180737043.jpg.c1ae9e5d62fe37a40498e2cc4fdc0309.jpg

IMG_20181014_180808866.jpg.fd3eeba7929c83b35e376b69b1852c84.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Mows4three

Nice job!  Just as long as Trina has enough leverage to run that come-a-long, you're golden!

Now you've really done it, Eric.   You've motivated me to get my own trailer project back onto the welding table.  Have a mobile home axle and trailer wheels begging to get turned into a new firewood cart.  Now that my 312-8 is all gussied up and ready to go to hunting camp, and the "new to me" White GT 1855 has a working 3-point hitch, I've got no excuses.  Time to make a mess in the shop and put a new wood cart to work in the woods!

Dave

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19richie66
41 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

No idea what's going to happen when I put a thousand pounds of rocks in it.

:lol:

Hopefully not a busted nose🙈 be careful with that comealong. Of course you know that...... your a trucker 👍 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
37 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Hopefully not a busted nose🙈 be careful with that comealong. Of course you know that...... your a trucker 👍 

This particular one has kind of a weird safety trigger on it. It's either tightening and pulling on the cable or completely in Freewheel to pull cable out.

The other one I have you can back off tooth by tooth by tooth. This one will not do that.

Because of not wanting to bash myself in my beautiful face I put it on upside down.

It won't be on there for very long anyway. I may not even use it to move rocks at all. Might just wait until I get a different winch....

Also still thinking about the above idea with the hydraulic ram.

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

WVHillbilly520H
9 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

It won't be on there for very long anyway. I may not even use it to move rocks at all. Might just wait until I get a different winch....

Also still thinking about the above idea with the hydraulic ram.

Yeah I'm not a fan of come alongs, with than being said you ever thought about the ATV winch from Harbor Freight? ...https://www.harborfreight.com/2500-lbs-atvutility-electric-winch-with-wireless-remote-control-61297.html...i had this one on my Kioti during my first stab at a front snow plow...or here's another linear actuator...https://www.surpluscenter.com/Electrical/Linear-Actuators/DC-Linear-Actuators/24-Stroke-2000-lbs-12-Volt-DC-Linear-Actuator-5-1908-24.axd

ebinmaine
52 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

ATV winch

that's the way I'm leaning right now. I was talking to my father last night and he actually has one laying around he's not using. They used to use it to pull heavy rolls of carpet and vinyl into the cutting area.

I was thinking if there was a way I could pin that in place instead of bolting it so I could take it off easily and quickly to use for pulling logs in the forest or whatever it would be super handy.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
14 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

that's the way I'm leaning right now. I was talking to my father last night and he actually has one laying around he's not using. They used to use it to pull heavy rolls of carpet and vinyl into the cutting area.

I was thinking if there was a way I could pin that in place instead of bolting it so I could take it off easily and quickly to use for pulling logs in the forest or whatever it would be super handy.

Do you have one of those bolt on rear receiver hitches on the :wh:? If so Harbor Freight has a winch mount for that....https://www.harborfreight.com/hitch-receiver-mount-for-winches-69106.html...

posifour11

Or throw a receiver tube on the mast itself, too. 😀

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib
On 7/29/2018 at 7:12 PM, ebinmaine said:

Well, we finally got back to working on this trailer today. Haven't touched it for nearly two months because of many other things going on. My honey washed it off and put  primer and a coat of paint on some parts of it.

IMG_20180729_200311701.jpg.8987b21e5a8a1c2df99d2fa00b7496a5.jpg

IMG_20180729_200341869.jpg.09b7a4a25cb4b991e6f0d86ef800f097.jpg

Hey that belongs in Tennessee! That's our colors!:angry-tappingfoot:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

Okay so the five year old in me couldn't wait to try this.

I put a fairly light load of rocks in just to see what would happen.

I'm pretty happy overall.

I definitely need to reinforce the top lip or pull from a different point. Perhaps I'll install a reinforcement bar on the inside at the bottom and pull off of that.

Here's a short video

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1