henryhpsd

sickle mower help needed

henryhpsd

Hello All !

I came across this one.

It has a wheel horse sticker and the a serial number A-40391.

Does anyone have any additional information ? 

Its on a local auction and closing soon... ill just go for it i think hihi.

Main thing would be.....to what will it fit ? and does it look like it has parts missing ? 

Thank you in advance !

sickle mower.png

Image 2.png

Edited by henryhpsd
  • Like 2

posifour11

No idea, but I'd sure go for it. I've had a sickle and tiller on my wanted list for quite a while. 

• Like 3

hcminis

SMS-425 and appears complete except the travel arm which I have if you need one.  Will fit most early models i.e.701, 857, etc...  Some have modified them to work on a 520-H as well as others.  Here is one of mine on the 701.

20170709_201322.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

henryhpsd

fantastic !.... thank you guys.... ill let you know how it turned out ...1 hr to go !

• Thanks 1

posifour11

Hope it goes well! Crossing my fingers for you!

• Thanks 1

henryhpsd

Thank you, im guessing it helped !

Yes yes yes !!!!!

Got it !!!!!

I think, if looked 10x already to verify....yes, its closed and its on my "buy" list....Happy :banana-angel:

290 euro's. not a clue what they are worth...but i wont sell it for a 1000 hihi, always wanted one.

....and i got a mowerdeck in bad shape for 32 euro's.

Wheel Horse zitmaaier

There were a few tractors in there 418 hydro (functional without any attachment) for 500 euro's. 

A c121,c81,c145 all in a state of "needs help".

Cant wait to get the sickle bar....not a clue why it is green though, i still have a commando 8 somewhere to restore....hmmm....

Thanks for the help !

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

posifour11
29 minutes ago, henryhpsd said:

Thank you, im guessing it helped !

Yes yes yes !!!!!

Got it !!!!!

I think, if looked 10x already to verify....yes, its closed and its on my "buy" list....Happy :banana-angel:

290 euro's. not a clue what they are worth...but i wont sell it for a 1000 hihi, always wanted one.

....and i got a mowerdeck in bad shape for 32 euro's.

Wheel Horse zitmaaier

There were a few tractors in there 418 hydro (functional without any attachment) for 500 euro's. 

A c121,c81,c145 all in a state of "needs help".

Cant wait to get the sickle bar....not a clue why it is green though, i still have a commando 8 somewhere to restore....hmmm....

Thanks for the help !

At that kind of math (which I remember a long time ago was at $1 per .75 br pounds or euros since I left in 2013) you did really well!

I'm doubly happy that a wheel horse tool is saved on your side! Since, they are probably more rare over there. 

I don't know how things translate between countries there anymore. In any respect, you got an amazing tool at a very good price!

No, you got two great deals a a great price!

If you take care of them, it'll outlive your grandkids!

• Thanks 1

gwest_ca

Added the serial to the list. Just a guess on the model and year. Click on the picture

Garry

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ztnoo

Not a bad value for the condition it appears to be in.

290 EUR = 339.032 USD  ( 2018-05-13  20:01 UTC)

32 EUR = 37.4140 USD

https://www.xe.com/

Edited by ztnoo
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Good score!

Got any red paint? :D

• Like 1

henryhpsd

Hi guys, 

I dont think it is a bad price either, especially considering "Wheel horse"..is a bit more expensive compared to the USA (logical)

Would love to have got "everything" ....but i think i cut that small money tree while enjoying the WH ...it just keeps on going hihi...

Thank you guys! ...ill get some pictures when i have it !

• Like 1

henryhpsd

Hello All,

I got it home JAHOE !

Sorry, for the long wait....I had to think about responding or not.

Thing is...

Had a bit of an "unhappy' feeling due to what the previous owner said to me.

(and i leave the option open the previous owner is not honest himself) But:

Apparently there are actually WH collectors (who read here and i know who it is).

Who contacted him and provided higher pricing, to "take it away" from me.

Thankfully the previous owner respond to them; No, its already sold (as it should be)

Now, i know u read here...... And that's just something that makes me "dissapointed", like a mum says to a child.

i wouldn't behave like that,  it sure isn't "costumery" where I live, its considered more an insult, its "steeling" in my opinion.

And i realise there are persons like that, heck sometimes the world seems full of them hihi.

We are living in our "Wheel horse" world, and frankly, was hoping that that small WH community we have here in Europa

would be free of such.We shouldnt do things like that, we should HELP each other.

So....dear reader, please bare with me:

If been in many countries (Afghan etc) and you know what....its true.... In the end, you're "possessions" don't really matter.

Sure you could pass it on to your kids...but there is no one who will  say "owh, what a good guy...he left it all to his kids".

No, your "way of things" is what people speak about...and you know what....

If your children hear from another person, heck...your dad is (or was)  a stand-up guy ! that..that makes impact.

Now, what makes a person do that ? Respect...your behaviour... 

If watched so many villages/people, and the most "happy" people were those who had almost nothing.

Out in the mountains, no idea what was going on, just busy gathering food, they were happy with nothing all day long.

We do know what is going on, we dont gather food..(we'll not in that way hihi), and we do have "things".

So what makes us happy? 

It all comes down to "being a stand-up guy".

"He helped me each time/ he let me sleep just 5 min long cause i was exhausted/ he had food for me etc/he had my back/ he is still there etc".

Perhaps u could looking in the mirror each day, and as long as you can say "heck that turned out good, i made that person happy" ...

Well, thats a pritty good indication you are on track.

Now, i know some have been interested by the wheel horse tractors that still are there for sale.

But unlike them.... i said to the owner....please "discuss" it with them, and if that doesn't turn out to something.

(bare in mind they are not evan sold at all...you just have shown interest..thats it).

Ill be in contact and buy "all". That is what the seller wouldn't like since its an old man and want to get ride of all.

If i would do things otherwise....., my mirror would brake "on spot".

So, u dont have to like me....just treat me like i treat you.....and perhaps u will like that way of "living"..try it ! it sure feels better !

For at least trying... I say thank you Sir !

Sorry for the above (and moderator, im happy if the above isnt allowed just delete it...no worries!)

Anyway......

Ill get those pictures later today 0700 local, work calls...

Kind regards, Henry.

Edited by henryhpsd
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

CasualObserver

Henry, sorry to hear about your bad experience. On the good, the seller honored the deal and you have the sickle!

Unfortunately there is greed everywhere, even in our little Wheel Horse world.

Glad your outcome was favorable. Looking forward to pictures. :thumbs: 

• Like 2

henryhpsd

Thanks !...I know...but still... 

Anyway.....

I was looking at it one of the bearings, that seems to be gone. 

Thats a relative easy fix. (the two above each other ..in the corner, one missing) 

Most interesting.... it looks like it will "stock fit" the 316-8 ?

If measured bolt distances, and i think it will fit ....just like that ...with almost no "hush" at all !

Cant wait to see if that actually is the case, possibly being a bit too optimistic hihi.

If it does... deep respect to Wheel horse !... there is a large age difference between them, i almost cant believe it would.... ("stock fit  that is) 

Most likely would have to change the pulley bearing ? as im not sure what RPM the sickle bar would like to receive.

But at least i could give it a try, before we repaint it and set it aside till the commando is ready.

Besides the fact its now "drained" in sae30 oil, ill first give it some new oil ...before we forget that hihi.

Other than that...it runs "smooth".

Hopefully i could give it a small test tomorrow !

Thank u guys !

henryhpsd

Obvious, I celebrated to soon.... hihi.

Seems the holes in the frame and the `gearbox` do line up on the `airfilter` side, but do not at the PTO side.

Besides if they did...i feel the PTO pulley is a bit to far out.(they are not in a vertical line above each other'.

That could be resolved using the attach o matic at the front which i use for the mowing deck...but still it doesnt line up like i would.

And in that case the protection plate of that gearbox needed some cutting (which i dont want hihi)

Taking a second look tomorrow !

stumplifter
On 6/20/2018 at 12:02 AM, henryhpsd said:

.We shouldnt do things like that, we should HELP each other.

It really is that simple.

My 2 cents...

many can stare in a mirror all day with adoration for themselves - it is called ego.  They think they are ‘winning’ and are ‘better’.  From where I sit here is a big problem in today’s society.  People fall in love with money, but they fail to realize that money will never love them back - by definition they are in a toxic, dysfunctional relationship.  

Winning is is the feeling you get after you help someone who needed assistance.  

c-series don

I ended up taking off the mid-mount tachamatic and bolting it to the frame. As far as the pulley not lining up, I got an offset pulley for the shaft on the sicklebar and it works fine. I mounted it on a C-121 8 speed. When I get home from the big show I will try to remember to take pictures of it. Remember one thing, that is these things don't like to run fast. Running it too fast will blow up the wobble box!!! 

• Like 2