Red144runner

2 tractors finally meet

Red144runner

I finally got the 5-20 out of my cousins garage bay. We stabiled the fuel in December and shut it off at the tank. Went there today and it fired right up. This tractor runs so well I think the hour gauge is correct. The motion controls need adjustment (lever won't stay in position) and the tach doesn't work. Aside from that it's good. I have all the panels to replace the pitted ones. The 3-12 is out cause I have a mow job that needs bagging. So I put the deck on, I completely went thru it this winter and a new belt. The bagger is going on later.

IMG_5223.JPG

IMG_5224.JPG

IMG_5227.JPG

IMG_5228.JPG

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

kasey54

Its a great feeling when you do what you should in the fall and everything goes so sweet in the spring at start up! Good job , they are ready and looking fine!

Red144runner

That 520 looks okay in these pics. Up close it's rough

cleat

I see the hood in the dash closeup pic looks pretty bad.

However, if everything works well then it is just cosmetic.

If you have good sheet metal then just replace it and paint if required and you will have a nice machine.

I really like the 520's especially with the Foot control upgrade.

Tractor boy

You said you had a job that needed the bagger. The way you phrased it seems to me like your a landscaper. Is that true?

Red144runner

Yes. I work full time on the grounds of a private high school. I also have 9 lawns I do. I mostly use a proline 36" toro wb, it has a bag too but the tractor holds much more. And like I've said before the quality of cut is second to none. When I got to the job I started mowing and the blades sounded slow. Checked belt tension (new belt) then questioned the position on the pto. Called the dealer, I had it on the outside pulley and I was wrong. Put it on the inside and what a difference. But it even cut good on the lower speed!