Sign in to follow this  
marvairplanes

Greetings....Invitation

marvairplanes

:D Hey all you Wheel Horse guys...

Been a member since Dec 06...still figuring out how to use this forum.

Special invitation to everybody (especially W H Collectors in Ohio, Indiana and Michigan), to join the "Tri State Wheel Horse Club".

Marv (NW Ohio)

:P

T-Mo

Hi, Marv. If I hadn't already done so, I want to welcome you to the site.

I like your profile picture, btw. Real nice tractor. :D Please give us some info on it. Again, welcome.

nylyon

Marv, welcome back. That sure is a nice horse you've got there. I changed your post so that your invitation is clickable.

photo-16.jpg

Karl

Brrly1

What's up Marv, are you over here advertising the Tri-State Group. I think that is a good thing . I am glad you finally got the Lil' Red Machine out and got some pictures taken. She is looking pretty good. Do you take push the ol' girl in the house at night and cover her up or do you make her stay outside with all the other horse's. I bet the other horse's are jealous because I have to believe this one gets a cover. Glad to see the pictures though. Take care John

marvairplanes

Hi John,

Too darn cold outside for me.

Staying inside and playing with the computer.

Should we be thinkin' about another "dinner meeting"?

Maybe some of the guys from this fine group will join us.

Take care,

Marv (NW Oh) :D

CasualObserver

Marv, welcome back, and yes, thanks for the picture... that's a beauty!

kpinnc

HOLY SH*@!

That RJ is beautiful! And I don't talk that way!

My hat is off to you sir!

Kevin

MEBDRB

As you guys know, I know nothing about tractors, but that one is soooo Kool.... :D

Rollerman

Marv I'm guilty of never makeing one of the dinner meet & greets's

Seems like I'm to busy in the summer & to tight to travel in the winter. :D

The RJ looks fantastic....did you do the work yourself?

Well maybe next time for the M&G lunch? :P

chevelletown

Wow! Wow! Wow! I'll bet those RJs didn't look that good when they were new :D Nice paint, you'll have to keep those big John Deere belt buckles away from it.

T-Mo

As you guys know, I know nothing about tractors, but that one is soooo Kool.... :D

Darren,

Stick around here and you will not only learn about Wheel Horses, but also about tractors, in general. These guys, present company excluded, are sharp. :P

marvairplanes

Thanks guys for the compliments.

Sorry I can't take all the credit for the restoration. I found the RJ a few years ago and probably paid more for it than I should have...debated about restoring it myself, or having it done "right"! Believe me, there were MAJOR problems with the tractor. Long story short...a serious Wheel Horse fella' from Paulding, Oh (Jim G.), did all the work for me. I located all the missing parts (there were a lot)...he did all the work, and painting, and I just picked it up the day before Christmas.

If I ever figure out how to post photos, I'll show you a few more from my collection...a nice 500 Special, couple nice Lawn Rangers, 300s, 400s, 520 H, and the big guy, D200 Auto.

I have over 20 "running" and more on the waiting list (when it gets warm !!!)

Marv (NW Oh) :D

Attached Image

post-12-1201191988.jpg

Rollerman

Marv I know Jim...you don't see him on theweb mucj & have not heard a lot from he recentley?

I seen he was selling tractors last fall? :D

That RJ is a showpeice & you should be our are rightfully proud. :P

marvairplanes

Steve,

Jim was selling all of his dad's collection of Wheel Horses. I think his dad is now completely "sold out". He had some really nice ones. I have three from that herd.

Jim got rid of a few of his newer tractors, but still has his collection of Round Hoods and some other really desirable models. If you've never been to his place...he has what I would call a MUSEUM for his tractors, plus a separate painting shop, and a super fantastic, clean, WARM, work shop.

Last time we talked he said he would be "very selective" in adding any new ones. He did my restoration sort of as a favor...and now says he is "looking for work".

He had another tractor in his shop that he was about ready to start on...some body from southern Ind. Think it was a 1050 ???

I would tell you guys what the labor charges were on my 56 RJ, but no body would believe me !!!!

(Hint...it was less than $100 !!!!)

Take care,

Marv (NW Oh)

T-Mo

It looks like you got the picture posting thing figured out. Nice tractor, btw. That thing is sure is pretty. :D

Rollerman

Yeah Marv I have bought a few tractors of Jim too Marv...includeing the one in my avatar!

Nice looking 500 speacial...& I remember seeing it there.

He's a super nice guy & let me have a look at his museum both times I was there.

I have some pics, I may have to email for his permission to show them on Red Square?

Not sure if he'd care...just seems like the right thing to do.

Good to hear he's still in the hobby. :D

Rollerman

Marv if you have not done so alrready I have sent an invite. :D