gapper

Transplanting K341S Spec 71223a

gapper

Hello all, I am transplanting a K341S into an old C100 frame and 8 speed trans. There is no remains of the wiring, key switch, regulator from the C100. I am looking for simple instructions on how to wire the motor so that the charging system is working. I have run this motor off a battery to check that it runs but i have no clue how to wire it to charge the battery. All i have is the motor. So i will need help with part numbers of any other parts i will need. Thanks for any and all help you can give!!

BOB ELLISON

This is a basic wiring diagram, of course the wire colors may differ but it will work for you. You don't have to wire the lights or the PTO or clutch switch but you do need to run the AMP meter wire the green and the red switch wires even if you don't put a amp gage or the pto and clutch gage on it.

BASIC WIRING B80 - C160.jpg

Edited by BOB ELLISON
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

This is a rather simple wiring diagram that doesn't include any safety switches. I would strongly encourage you to restore the safety switches to full function once you have completed testing your engine.

5af5f2e73a2ed_batteryignitiontractor-wiring.jpg.73bb8ed3c799482c2407964cf68d5cbc.jpg

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 1

gapper

Thank you all very much!!! I think i will be able to wire my machine up with the diagrams posted. There is a part number on the first post for the switch but not for the regulator. will any regulator work? Thanks again

BOB ELLISON

Maybe a picture of what you have will help us tell you what you need. Do you have a coil, condenser,regulator/rectifier or starter and relay ??. Not  all regulators will work.  Read this post.

953 nut
43 minutes ago, gapper said:

will any regulator work?

Yes, the "Regulator" is actually a rectifier and converts the AC output from your engine to DC. Just be sure the body is grounded and the AC terminals are connected to the engine and the "B+" is connected to the "R: terminal of the ignition switch.

• Like 1

gapper

Bob, I do have everything to make the motor run, I have had this motor running by hooking it up to a battery and using a push button type switch to activate the starter solenoid. The only parts i don't have is the regulator/rectifier and key switch. The part number you have in your last post will help a great deal. I was out in the shop a short time ago and found a regulator that i think came in the box of pieces i got when i brought home the C100. It is a kohler # 41-403-06. do you think this will work for my K341 16HP?

BOB ELLISON

Yes I do believe that is the correct regulator. As @953 nut said above make sure it is grounded . The bolts hold it down which is the ground so make sure it has a clean base. There is a B+ post that goes to the R on the switch it's the orange wire in the diagram. 

gapper

Thank you for the help. I feel I can now get my Frank N Horse running and working again!!!

Racinbob

The wiring diagram in post #2 will work but to avoid confusion be aware that it's pre 1976 B and C series. The 76's had a seat switch going through a double pole PTO switch. I'm thinking the 74 and 75's didn't have a seat switch but I'm not certain. :)

gapper

Thank you all, Do to the fact that i am building this horse from parts that i am finding around my small inventory of many machines there will not be any safety switches. Not the best thing i guess but i am building with as little cost as i can. I hope to have my machine running by the end of this week. I will post how I make out when it is done.

Herder

:wwp: Organ transplant are fun to watch.

gapper

Hello all, I got the K341 all wired up and she is charging and working as it should. Now i just need to fix the leaking carb and get the correct size belt to make my horse run and work!!! Almost there. I ordered one belt that ended up being to small so another one is on the way. Still need to order the carb rebuild kit. I will be doing that soon. Thanks to everyone for the help with the wiring.

• Like 2

BOB ELLISON

CARBERATOR REBUILD KIT

the kit I used was Kohler 25 757 11-S, everything fit, and it contained the spring.

Kohler lists two kits for the Walbro supplied 1" venturi carburetors, 25 757 08 and 25 757 11(-S). The Kohler p/n should be stamped on the edge of the mounting flange, probably on the bottom side. If you can get the number, it may solve the problem

• Like 1

gapper

thank you, i will check the kits out.

gapper

YES!!! The transplant is complete!!!! Got the right size belt and the fuel leak is fixed. I even got time to do a little more work on my horse because of this rainy weather. I made myself a 2 inch receiver hitch for the front and then added a 2500# atv winch that I can take off to use the hitch for other attachments. I will post some picks when the sun shines again and i can get the old frankinhorse out of the shop.

• Excellent 1

gapper

Here is my repowered horse!!

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1119.JPG