Marco

Can anyone identify where this goes?

Marco

I was getting my riding mower ready for another season, changed the oil, filter, and I tilted the mower on it’s side to change the blades, just as I do year after year (my tractor is about 12 years old!) so once I was done and I got the mower back I found this piece laying on the ground. I have carefully examined the deck and I can’t seem to find where this would go. I tried checking the manual and a couple websites to see if I could identify the piece and no luck, anyone know where this goes? Thank you in advance!

66235C33-7C68-4F93-B477-9F51498E9260.jpeg

Docwheelhorse

That is the pin that goes thru the lift arm after you put the deck on... nobody uses them as its near impossible for the arm to come out of the deck unless the tach-a-matic is open and deck is out of frame.

Tony

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

lynnmor

It replaces a regular hairpin and is commonly found on the decks of many disposable tractors.

• Like 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, Docwheelhorse said:

unless the tach-a-matic is open

If he's got a 16-38XL Tony  there is no attach a matic. Not a real fun deck to get off as they were not designed to come off like most of the horses we maintain.

Is that indeed what you have Marco? I have a 16-38 that I am quite intimate with.  What can I say it was my wife's mower when I married her! Don't ever remember seeing that type on hair pin before, will take a look.

WHX??

Pardon my manners Marco

:WRS:

Here is an IPL if you don't have one, might not be for your SN but should be close. See if you can spot that clip in it. I'll take a look when I get home tonite on mine.

5587c2de211d5_3323-534_2000_16-38XL__16-38XLe_IPL_Wiring.pdf

Edited by WHX17
  • Thanks 1

Marco
14 minutes ago, WHX17 said:

If he's got a 16-38XL Tony  there is no attach a matic. Not a real fun deck to get off as they were not designed to come off like most of the horses we maintain.

Is that indeed what you have Marco? I have a 16-38 that I am quite intimate with.  What can I say it was my wife's mower when I married her! Don't ever remember seeing that type on hair pin before, will take a look.

Yes that’s what I’ve got (even took a picture of it) I am obviously not that familiar with the parts, that’s why I was hoping someone here would know, thank you for your help 

BAD0866B-5141-46CA-80FB-9A2BE6EE7C96.jpeg

Marco
18 minutes ago, WHX17 said:

Pardon my manners Marco

:WRS:

Here is an IPL if you don't have one, might not be for your SN but should be close. See if you can spot that clip in it. I'll take a look when I get home tonite on mine.

5587c2de211d5_3323-534_2000_16-38XL__16-38XLe_IPL_Wiring.pdf

Thanks! I do have that (on paper from when I first got it) but i was unable to spot it, I think that that pin is just not listed there, don’t want to use it and damage it because something got loose. Thank you for your help!

Marco

Thank you everyone for your help! As it turns out it is a pin that holds a little arm that I believe is part of the mechanism holds the deck from tilting after adjusting height. Mowed my lawn and it now looks even :)  

WHX??

Good deal then Marco, Mrs just mowed yesterday and threw a belt I had to put back on and could not spot that style of clip wihle I was inn there. Glad to hear you got a nice mow! :chores-mowlawn:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Stratman
      By Stratman
      This is a (1-Owner) 42” Single Stage snowblower attachment (low hours of use) . This is the Attach a Matic system that will fit WHEELHORSE- Toro 5Xi series tractors , as well as New Holland GT (18 , 20 & 22) series machines . It comes complete , with Factory Manual , chute direction crank arm & support , every clip , nut n bolt , bracket needed to mount it to your tractor . Only used on paved surface / Rock Solid ~ Light surface rust only , No holes or weakened metal , nice skid wear pads .
      The (dedicated) Mule Drive & Drive Belt are also included . It works Great , however I now have a plow truck , and no longer need this attachment for my mower .
      Note ; I also have the W/H 75lb wheel weights & tire chains , that can be worked into the deal (if needed) !!!!!
      For additional purchase information ; Please Reply with a name & phone number / I will respond with with my Contact info ; Thanks 4 lookin’ / P.S. I can skid this all up & drop off @ FASTENAL for your Pre-Arranged shipping . 

• Mitchellnh
      By Mitchellnh
      Wheel Horse parts collection. Many new-old stock and used parts for many models. Please make an appointment to view. No trades.

There's a lot of parts for D-160 and the C series. This is a collection left behind by my Father, so I'm really not sure what part is what here. There's even a D-160 Tractor under a tarp in the backyard with a three point hitch. Hasn't run in a decade. I'll throw that in if you meet my price. 

Willing to sell entire lot for $1850 obo

Mitchellocastiglione2@gmail.com 

• robertsonchris06@gmail.co
      By robertsonchris06@gmail.co
      After using my 8-25 mower successfully for several years I noticed the belts were very worn. I replaced the belts and used the mower several mowings this past summer with no problems until as I was mowing the last time the mower would not move in any gear. After stopping and inspecting the traction belt it was almost completely destroyed. Prior to this I had noticed that the engage/disengage lever was getting hard to activate (very stiff). Has anyone had a similar thing happen?
      Thanks in advance for any help on this problem.
      Just want to keep my mower running.
      Chris
    • blu_stang
      By blu_stang
      Hi All, It's time for me to sell the D-250 I've had for the last 8 years.  It’s useable as is, or would be a great project bundle for further restoration.

I am selling a large package: the running tractor, a refurbished snowblower (48”), parts snowblower, mower deck (60”), tiller (40”), front plow blade (60”), Cat 0 3-Point Hitch with adjustable top link, WH 3-Point tool bar, wheel weights and tire chains.  Also included is an extensive part collection, nearly a second tractor worth.  I will include the original manuals, an original 1976 sales brochure, and repair manuals for the tractor and the engine.  I made electronic copes of all of the above, and stored the paper copies to prevent further wear. This is one of the most complete D-250 tractor/attachment bundles I’ve seen.

Some highlights from the available parts: Frame rails, extra engine, water pump, extra transaxle, extra gears, including worm gears (stored in oil bath), Front wheel set, carburetor, carb rebuild kit, rebuildable original radiator, extra radiator overflow bottle, rebuilt alternator, new voltage regulator (I was planning to change over to an alternator setup from the generator), new in package Renault engine seals, new PTO seals, ignition maintenance parts.  There are also many panels, frame pieces, cables, levers, tubes (lines) and hardware in the collection.

The tractor engine runs smooth.  There are around 1050 original hours on it; It’s a 1976 edition.  Everything works, except the dash lights and the rear lights (disconnected b/c of fender).  I just haven't sorted out the wiring, but it is all there.  Headlights are good and working, as are all of the gears and levers.  The four tires are nearly new Carlisle Multi Trac, with nubs still on them.  The rear tires have been filled (ballasted) with Rim Guard for extra traction.  The hydraulic pump, front PTO clutch and brakes operate but could use a tune up.  I’ve used it for mowing and snowblowing on hills, driveway and around my land. I don’t have an original WH seat.  The snowblower was rebuilt a few years back, and assembled with all new hardware and bearings.  The mower deck gearbox was professionally serviced recently, and has a new set of blades with only a half dozen mows.  The rear fender needs a repair, but all pieces are available.  The plow and tiller are due for restoration.  The Points, Condenser and rotor have all been replaced and tuned in.  The battery is good.  I've rebuilt the carb, replaced the fuel pump and changed out the plugs within the last 30 hours.  The replacement radiator is from a Kawasaki engine; it was installed with new hoses. There are also new custom hydraulic hoses and a new hydraulic lift cylinder.

Here's a video of me mowing, this past summer.

Transporting this haul in one trip will require a pickup truck and a large trailer.  

• Merl
      By Merl
      Newbie here and I have a 520-H that runs, but needs some TLC and some minor things fixed and/or adjusted. It comes with a like new tiller that I believe has only been used once and has paint still on the tines. I am the 2nd owner and I have personally never used the tiller. I am selling my previous home that I rent and where it has been stored. My current home's yard just isn't big enough to use a rider and I need to find a new home for it. I want to sell them together to simplify and I need them gone in the next 2 weeks. Please reach out with any questions and I'll do my best to answer. I am definitely not as knowledgeable as most of you on this forum, but figured somebody would like to fix it up, part it out and/or needs a tiller. Please email or text.