Sign in to follow this  
Jim_M

Another "honest" eBay seller

Jim_M

I asked him if they were made of lead or something and he told me the added cost is to cover his 10 mile drive to the post office to mail them.

I don't know where he lives but the mail man comes to my mailbox 6 days a week and I know 2 keys will fit in an envelope with 2 stamps on it.

Idiots like him are ruining eBay, and eBay doesn't seem to give a damn as long as they make their money.

Rollerman

Jim I don't know what they cost at the dealer, but I'd say the seller has shot himself in the foot for those prices! <_

combatmp29r

He should probably shoot himself in the head for those prices :D

T-Mo

He should probably shoot himself in the head for those prices :P

Now that's funny.

He is definitely trying to make up some of the cost of the item in shipping charges. We're see if anyone bites... :D

refracman

I'm suprised that hes not trying to sell a shift boot for 10 bucks too. You can still get the keys from the dealer for 5 bucks and boots for 4. Its hard to beleive that people buy them :D

CasualObserver

Being an accountant, I can tell you he's trying to disguise his income... If he sells the item for $.99, the postage is considered an offsetting expense... so for the books, he just "lost money" and doesn't have to pay income tax... never mind that he's not driving to the post office (with gas expense anyway, if he did) he's posting them in an envelope from home and making $9.50 untaxable money! America's full of them...

I'm still trying to figure out where he got those keys anyway... he parts out Cubs regularly.

combatmp29r

Probably off some honest seller who charged $1.50 shipping Jason

TT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they're even Toro/Wheel Horse keys -- aren't they just plain Toro keys? (I realize that metal one does fit an Indak switch)

The padded one is definitely newer lawn tractor style though, isn't it? -- and those keys sell for less than $3.00 at the dealer. 931-wtf_smiley_thumb.png

Brrly1

Ok, these keys sell for 2.94 apiece at the dealer. You also have to remember that this is an auction. If these people are going to bid on this stuff you should let them. Why complain? At least the people here in this group are smart enough not to purchase and know enough that they still produce this key. Yes I am guilty of selling on ebay and have had things go for big money, but in the same respect I have purchased alot of high dollar items that probably wouldn't have costed that much in a private sale. I am sure that I am not alone in this category. I am not defending this guy and I also refuse to pay high shipping cost. I just will not do that. The keys are the same as the Indak keys I do believe. Just my opinion. Have a Great Day Burly

Jim_M

I bought 20 of the Indak keys last summer for $5.00 from a local repair shop. I'm not sure what that Toro key fits, I'm guessing it's a Toro zero turn mower though.

I'm betting he doesn't get a bid on those keys and if he does I would like to know who bought them, I would like to make him a deal on some ocean front property that I own here in Indiana. :D

TT

And then....... I'll sell him a genuine left-handed metric hammer for the unheard of low price of $4.99 (Shipping and handling in just 3 easy installments of $5.99 -- batteries not included) :P:D :(

Jim_M

Got a metric Crescent wrench to go with that?

TT

I think I have one here somewhere -- it might be behind the tub of muffler bearing grease or over by the '66 VW bug radiator. :D

CasualObserver

Terry, I saw it on the shelf... just left of the Chemlight batteries... behind the horn fluid! :D

TT

AH-HA! You're right Jason -- I see it now! :D

I was beginning to think I was losing my keen sense of "Hawkeye-ism" :P

CasualObserver

Nah, you still got it TT... and besides... when you think you're going to start losing it... we can all chip in and get you a pair of these...

vacation004.jpg

TT

"NOW THAT'S FUNNY RIGHT THERE !"

LTCG.jpg

"If you don't think that's funny then you can get the hell outta here!" :D

nylyon

Terry, I added the :wtf: to the smilies.

TT

Thanks, Karl!

I was wondering if that was going to be deemed unacceptable behavior. :D

I know I say it enough -- but now I can show it. :P

nylyon

Huh? Where's The Fries? Nothing wrong there. :D

Rollerman

Great pic Jason...that IS some funny stuff.

That Toro indak key looks the same as the one from my 520. :P

Jason keep the smilies comeing...Karl keep adding :D

Jim_M

Stephen,

You may be right. To be honest, I don't think I've ever pulled the key out of my 520 or 416, but the head of the key looks the same.

Jim

combatmp29r

Had to go look to be sure, but the 312-8 keys are like that too.