ernier4154

Need a key for Wheel Horse 212-6

ernier4154

I broke the key off in my Wheel Horse 212-6 lawn tractor. The part of the key with the threads is still in the ignition switch so I can still start the mower with needle-nose pliers, but I don't trust it to last for long. I need a new key. My existing key has the word "INDAK" stamped on it.

I have read online that the keys for these old mowers are fairly interchangeable. Is that true? Can anyone point me to where I may get a new key, or maybe someone here has one they can part with? This is a 30+ year old Wheel Horse 212-6 lawn tractor. 

Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated.

Wheel Horse.jpg

Edited by ernier4154

stevasaurus

@GlenPettit  a vendor on the site here sells them.  Send him a PM.  :)  Glen has had something going on lately...if he does not answer you, I may have an extra one here for you.  :occasion-xmas:

DSCF8906.JPG

squonk

You can buy them at any mower shop and Tractor Supply

• Like 2

Achto

:WRS: Your local Wal Mart  may even carry them, most hardware stores have them as well.

• Like 2

C-85

You should be able to find one of these most any place!  My Ariens and Toro snowblowers have these, and I know some of the old snowmobiles took the same 'Indak' key.

Mine looks a little different, it's from an old Toro and has their old logo with their trademark 'bullhead' on it.  I treasure this old key! :)

5aeb7356e22e3_IMG_06211.JPG.328c444a6505969cf88909fe470cca04.JPG

C-85

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

Yes just about any lawnmower key will fit...I've got a whole jar of them in my shop, every summer there are several junked out mowers that show up at the city dump...I pull the keys out of all them I see and put them in a jar, never know when you might need one. It's saved me a couple times either from losing a key or buying a tractor without a key

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Small vise-grips with a red handle would make a fashion statement as well... :)

• Like 1

ernier4154

Thanks for the advice folks. I was able to get a new key today at Tractor Supply. And it even works!

Appreciate the help.

keys2.jpg.051bdbfb788e49e3afadf51bf7fe94ee.jpg

keys.jpg

Edited by ernier4154
  • Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:             Glad you were able to get this fixed.