moe1965

Koehler fuel pump issue

moe1965

I might have figured out my issue but I thought I would ask the pros .  I was mowing today with the c141 and the engine sputtered and died as if it ran out of gas.  The tank was half full and I narowed it down to the pump not drawing and or pushing fuel to the carb.  I took the pump off and connected it back to the fuel line from the tank and manually moved the pump arm and got lots of fuel to pass through the pump.  When I took the pump off the two screws the hold the pump to the block were a little loose.  I'm wondering if it was enough slop that wouldn't let the internal thing that moves the pump arm have enough throw to move the arm and push fuel??? What drives the pump in the engine? Could that broken or warn??  Ran out of time to reasemble so I thought I would pick your brains.     Thsnks

20180430_193048.jpg

Achto

The pump arm rides on the cam shaft. If the lobe is really worn on the cam it may not work properly. I wold try getting it tightened down & see if you are back in business.

• Like 3

953 nut

Your fuel cap has a vent in it. If the vent is plugged the tank will develop a slight vacuum as the fuel level goes down and the pump can't overcome it. You can tighten it up like @Achto suggested and if the problem pops up then take a look at the cap.

• Like 3

moe1965

Up date.   Mower is up and running again I guess the screws were backed out enough on the pump so it wouldn't pump fuel.  Strange.  No oil leaking from the gasket.   

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1