shallowwatersailor

Out with the New at the Old - In with the Old at the New!

SPINJIM

Nice house with ground-level access to what I hope is workshop.   My wife and I also need to move to a smaller property, but I'm just not ready to give up my 30 x 30 workshop.    

Good decision to keep the 'blackhoods'.  They are easier to work on and more dependable than the newer WHs.

When do we all get invited to the house warming?

Jim

• Like 1

Sparky

I love the part about your dog. Dogs are awesome!

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Hey Dog Face...how is it going/   Sorry John...it was the devil in me.  :occasion-xmas:  Hope you saved some time to go to the Big Show in June.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Nice pictures Mate.

shallowwatersailor
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

Hey Dog Face...how is it going/   Sorry John...it was the devil in me.  :occasion-xmas:  Hope you saved some time to go to the Big Show in June.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Nice pictures Mate.

Plans are to be at the show this year. :handgestures-thumbupright:  I will have to get use to approaching from the west instead east through Gettysburg. It is also is about twice the distance.   :auto-swerve:

shallowwatersailor
2 hours ago, SPINJIM said:

Nice house with ground-level access to what I hope is workshop.   My wife and I also need to move to a smaller property, but I'm just not ready to give up my 30 x 30 workshop.    

Good decision to keep the 'blackhoods'.  They are easier to work on and more dependable than the newer WHs.

When do we all get invited to the house warming?

Jim

Yes, I have been allocated the 22' x 39' room on the right side for a hopefully a train layout. Actually I will also have the lower Family Room too. But I am having a 10' x 16' shed built for the Horses and Bee Hinds. The 5xi never really gave me any problems, but I will admit the Black Hoods are simpler.

I have to get a fresh propane tank first. :D

• Like 2

Marv

Nice place. Don't forget to leave room for the new elevator.

Marv

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• D_Mac
      By D_Mac
      So last fall I got this Dynamark riding mower for free. Engine ran but when you stepped on the clutch/brake it wouldn't disengage. Looking at it I noticed it was a new drive belt. I figured PO got the wrong belt so I looked up what I thought would be the correct belt and ordered it. When it came I removed the belt that was on it and it looked to be the exact same size as the new one. Put new one on and same thing. That was an 82 inch belt. So I looked again and saw that a similar model had an 85 inch belt so I ordered one of those..... close but no cigar ! Now I ordered an 86 inch and are waiting for it. In the mean time I noticed water had gotten into the gas tank. The gas cap was the style with a gage but the bubble is busted off. Since the cap goes through the hood on top water leaks in. I need a new cap but having the same issues finding correct one. I don't need one with a gauge just one the screws on tight. Any help works be appreciated as I am finding multiple part numbers. 

• Berco
      By Berco
      Hello all. My battery in my 520LXI was going out, the lights would come on but the engine would not turn over. I put a 1.5 amp truckle charger on the battery when i left for a 4 days trip. I come back and the same. I also noticed i left the key in the run position (the hour meter did not run). I swap out batteries and now the mower is completely dead. When i turn the key - nothing. I verify the battery it good (13.04v), negative is connected to the engine block, voltage is good on the solenoid side of the starter. I out the key to run and try to jump to see if i can start and nothing. Not even a spark. I have used this mover for years and has 500 hours. Could the ignition switch or brake switch be bad? The seat switch is jumped.What else could cause my mower to be dead? Thank you in advance.
    • gfullz
      By gfullz
      Hey guys! new wheel horse owner here. I picked up a 2001 523xi that came with a berco subframe. I happened to find a 40" compact berco that was hardly used to slap on it only I'm not sure where to start as there are no resources for this that I can find. I'm mechanically inclined, rebuilt the injection pump, injectors etc... as I purchased it non-running as it wasn't receiving any fuel to the injectors (it runs amazing now btw). 

so for starters I'm going to go out on a whim here and say that this will require the mule drive or "pulley box". and I've got the rest of the parts in the picture. The parts of the subframe that look to bolt up seem so narrow compared to the hookups on the rest of the tractor. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Berco
      By Berco
      I have an oil leak on my Kohler CH22 in my Toro 522XI (see video). I put in new head gaskets to remedy low compression. Then upon first start i had a large oil leak. It seemed to come from the aft oil seal. So i pulled the engine again and replace the seals. I re-installed the engine again today and the leak is still there. This is the leak now: https://youtu.be/pi382fXVXPQ What could cause it? I did blow out the air line from the fuel pump with compressed air into the crank case to clan out any debris. Could that have caused a leak this bad on the oil pan gasket? or another location? thank you all in advance!  
    • Berco
      By Berco
      I have a transaxle from a 518XI that i have as a spare. I would like to put some caps on the two open hydraulic lines, but i am having some hard time figuring out the thread and type to mate with the existing tubing. Does anyone know the specs for can point me to a fitting that will work? thanks!