TonyWH520H

1989 520h hydraulic lift not working

TonyWH520H

Hello. I have finally gotten some use out of my 520H. 

I found that the hydros aren’t working and was hoping to get some info on how the system works.  What typically goes wrong with them? Where do I change the fluid out at?  

On this model, does it lift the mower deck? Or is it a rear lift? Posted a picture of the tag. 

39DC2D6D-2C60-48AD-BF6D-C5EF221AADFC.jpeg

gwest_ca

Info to get you started. Click on the picture

Yes the hydraulics lift the mower deck or a cable to the rear hitch will lift it also. If you have a snowthrower on the front it would lift it also.

Garry

953 nut

:WRS:             The dip stick for your Hydro. is located under the seat. They do need to warm up for a minute or two before lifting.

Presuming you have just mounted the deck onto the :wh: we need to be sure this was done correctly. This manual has step by step directions for you to follow. 

Mower Rotary 42in SD 1988-89 05-42SK01 TIPL.pdf

TonyWH520H
On 4/30/2018 at 6:23 AM, 953 nut said:

:WRS:             The dip stick for your Hydro. is located under the seat. They do need to warm up for a minute or two before lifting.

Presuming you have just mounted the deck onto the :wh: we need to be sure this was done correctly. This manual has step by step directions for you to follow. 

Mower Rotary 42in SD 1988-89 05-42SK01 TIPL.pdf

I have t tried it on the deck yet. The machine I got came with a tiller and a disc for the rear. I finished mowing the brush in the back and attached the tiller to find out the lift doesn’t work. I topped off the fluid and let it warm up(even after so then 1/2 acre yard) and still nothing. 

I might throw the deck back on it and see if I get it to work for that.   

On another note. Is there a sticky that shows how to make some pullies for the tiller pto belt? I haven’t been able to find one anywhere as of yet and figured it wouldn’t be hard to make. 

TonyWH520H

how Much would the lift assist spring hinder the usage? I don’t have the he spring on there, would that stop it from lifting at all?   

Typically how loud are the hydraulics? Would I be able to hear if they are working? 

squonk

My 520 lifts the deck, snowblower or plow instantly with out warm up no matter how cold it got. And you can hear it working too.Aaso it lifts it quickly with out hesitating.

Tractor boy

Try checking all the hoses maybe it’s missing one for the back lift. Also can you hear it working when the deck is getting lifted?  And :WRS:

CasualObserver
On 5/3/2018 at 2:19 PM, TonyWH520H said:

On another note. Is there a sticky that shows how to make some pullies for the tiller pto belt? I haven’t been able to find one anywhere as of yet and figured it wouldn’t be hard to make. 

Here`s one of the better ones from the past. If you search for tiller idler or midmount idler you`'ll find lots of topics from over the years.

TonyWH520H
16 hours ago, CasualObserver said:

Here`s one of the better ones from the past. If you search for tiller idler or midmount idler you`'ll find lots of topics from over the years.

That’s great. Thank you for this. It seems to be a pretty effective design. I will start working on one this weekend.