Sign in to follow this  
diesel life

Wheel horse or other???

diesel life

So my inlaws bought a new house and this sicle bar was in the garage. Does anybody know if it goes to a wheel horse or what it goes to??? It has a shaft that comes back and is chain driven and has a pulley and a belt to drive the chan off of the motor. Any help is appreciated.

20180420_170428.jpg

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

That is for a two wheel tractor - not Wheel Horse or even early Pond.  Could be a Bolens or other two wheel type.  Many two wheel garden tractors with attachments were made just after World War II.   Old Popular Mechics and Farm Journals fileld with ads for these.

This is the front cutter bar used on the early four Wheel Wheel Horse and it was adapted from a two wheel version of the Pond , which was the first series of tractors Wheel Horse made.

003.thumb.JPG.4b2c7dc92f41b06cfc44691a1383a243.JPGpost-339-0-26985800-1376739361_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

KC9KAS

It may fit a 1 wheel tractor like a Chore Master.

• Like 1

diesel life

Ok thank you guys for the replies i will pass them along, so come to find out in the basement is a cultivator and the actual unit itself. My father in law told me tonight, he just didnt know that it all went togather. So what would ine if these be worth?? I will try and grab some pictures tomorrow

Edited by diesel life
Adding to it
  • Like 1