stevebo

First Haul of 2018

stevebo

Found an add on line for "antique tractors" ... 

IMG_3387.jpg

• Like 4

stevebo

I will update ....

Shynon
3 minutes ago, stevebo said:

I picked up an original 1959 RJ with mower deck and clinton 1290. It needs a restoration but it is all there. My son Brennan Bo wants to do his first restoration so I think this will be a perfect candidate.

I'm thinking a little wet sand and maybe a shot of oil and he may have a nice original.

• Like 1

stevebo
4 minutes ago, Shynon said:

I'm thinking a little wet sand and maybe a shot of oil and he may have a nice original.

Maybe....

• Excellent 1

Sparky

Nice haul! Looked like there were plenty of other brands there to choose from.

ACman

Very nice Steve :woohoo: awesome :wh: haul  .... I see you left some colors behind too . One orange one in particular . Looked like a 400 series AC . Those are true AC with a Kohler and not a Simplicity w/Briggs Stratton .

Edited by ACman

stevebo
10 minutes ago, ACman said:

Very nice Steve :woohoo: awesome :wh: haul  .... I see you left some colors behind too . One orange one in particular . Looked like a 400 series AC . Those are true AC with a Kohler and not a Simplicity.

There were two bolens that were already sold. A newer 12hp fiberglass/plastic hood power king, cub and a deere 110. Most were pretty rough. There was also an allis painted blue... 

If anyone can help date the Jim Dandy that would be great. It is a 12hp and model/serial number is 15079E. I could not find it on line. There is a site to date them by number but I could not find the correct number. Any help men?

AMC RULES

I could help you haul that '59 to my house.  :confusion-shrug:

• Haha 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Nice find. They are still out there.

Glenn

Pollack Pete

Man oh man....Hope you got them super cheap.All rusty and dirty,and you had to drag them home??Just kidding.I would love to make a haul like that.I'm over-due.I like those Economy tractors too.I sold a 12 horse with a front end loader last year.Wish I still had it.Have fun with your new toys.

• Haha 1

stevebo

Thanks Pete. The seller was reasonable but also knew the value. I am wondering if D series rims will fit the economy. If so I have an extra set of pulling tires that are 12" x 24" ... Might give it a new life as a puller? Who knows. This one is a 12hp. I believe I will be moving the 857 to another member here who reached out to me about it. If he takes it, trust me it will be in great hands;)

I have a buddy Tommy "one weld" who showed me a trick for getting the roll pins out so I can pull the steering wheel etc. He uses an air palm nailer with a modified punch. Says it pushes the pins out 1,2,3. Gonna have to give it a try on the RJ.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 2

Retired Wrencher

Steve looks like that keep your son and you busy for a while. Enjoy. Nothing better having a wrench and a cold beer in your hand.:handgestures-thumbupright:

squonk
10 hours ago, stevebo said:

There were two bolens that were already sold. A newer 12hp fiberglass/plastic hood power king, cub and a deere 110. Most were pretty rough. There was also an allis painted blue... 

If anyone can help date the Jim Dandy that would be great. It is a 12hp and model/serial number is 15079E. I could not find it on line. There is a site to date them by number but I could not find the correct number. Any help men?

I have contacted my PK group with your number Steve. Maybe someone can come up with something. 

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Your serial #15079 would be a late 1967 model 

1966 starts with 12384

1967 starts with 13617. 

1968 starts with 15130

1969!starts with in16776

• Like 2

Pullstart

I see one problem in those pics... That beer doesn't look like it was drinking itself very quickly!  

• Haha 3

jimt1971

D series rims fit but I do not know about the backspacing.

squonk
12 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

I could help you haul that '59 to my house.  :confusion-shrug:

Craig, did you see that Suburban with plow near you?

squonk
4 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Your serial #15079 would be a late 1967 model 

1966 starts with 12384

1967 starts with 13617. 

1968 starts with 15130

1969!starts with in16776

Yup 67 

WHX??

Nice :handgestures-thumbupright:...you should have no problem finding info on that Dandy. They are favs among many collectors & lots of clubs.

moe1965

Looks like you have a hitch set up to lift the rear ends up in the air to transport.  Any pictures of that.  Good idea

stevebo
3 hours ago, moe1965 said:

Looks like you have a hitch set up to lift the rear ends up in the air to transport.  Any pictures of that.  Good idea

Just a 3 point hitch (factory). I used a strap and lifted. Works well. 

Thanks for the info on the Economy. I also have a 65' 1614 with dual trannies. It has the k331 motor. From what I understand it was only made 2 years. Odd bird for sure. 

• Like 1

c-series don

I have the same Jim Dandy. I believe mine is a 68. I bought it in 1985 when I was 15 for $200! It has been stored inside its whole life and has been in my basement for the last 20 years. It is the only tractor that I own that is not a Wheel Horse. I am it's third owner. I'll try to remember to post some pictures of it. 

• Like 2

stevebo

Don,

I used to have a 1969 that I ended up parting with and then I missed it. I found the 1965 last fall and grabbed it. These machines are just so strong it is hard to compare to the smaller machines. I would love to see pics of yours. 

• Like 2