nj1052

Fitting the cutting deck

nj1052

I like to clean the underside of my 36" cutting deck after use, especially if the grass is wet, to try to keep the dreaded rust at bay but as I get older I am finding the process of sliding it sideways under the tractor to hitch it back up is becoming more difficult. Does anyone have any suggestions/techniques to make this easier please?

Thanks

Nigel

UK

JoeM

Not knowing what you have to work with, but I have a small chain hoist mounted to the rafters of my building. I take the mule drive belt loose then hook into the mule drive and raise the front of the machine high enough to roll the deck out the front. I then lower the tractor, push it back and hook the hoist to the front of the deck and use it stand the deck on end for cleaning. Sure made this job a lot easer.

Edited by OILUJ52
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Tankman

Makes me think, long time ago, shops with no lifts.

Drive over the pit.

Nowadays during mowing season I drive up my pickup ramps to power wash under the deck.

Then blow dry. Down, grease and belt dressing. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Winter, decks off and up on horses, a good cleanup.

• Excellent 1

ronhatch

Tell me about it nj1052!

Edited by ronhatch

oliver2-44

Do you have a pressure washer?  Northern too land other places sell swivel fitting that goes in the end of the Wang.  It  swivels so you can spray upward while the wand is horizontal.  So you could pressure wash it without removal..  

nj1052

Thanks for the ideas fellas. The jet wash nozzle sounds interesting but there is no Northern Tool in the UK so I will have a search around to see what is available.

BESTDOGEVER

You can make one with 2 1/4inch pipe elbows 1 90degree and a 45 would work well I used to  fabricate all sorts of them when I did power washing commercially the easiest is to use street ells (the ones with male threads on one end and female on the  other )