Goldann520

Today's haul

Goldann520

Hey guys, @wheelhorseman, @WVHillbilly520H, brought this stuff home today. Big question did wh make a gooseneck trailer like this? Really hope so, paint looks right and came out of the same lot as the rest of this. Owner swears he had blade and blower on the 414-8 Which means it'll fit my 312-8. He talked me (or bribed) me into taking tractor with me. Got the weights and chains too. $440 for all of it. Tractor runs but has fuel delivery problems. 

20180407_193356.jpg

20180407_193218.jpg

20180407_193200.jpg

20180407_193144.jpg

20180407_193528.jpg

WVHillbilly520H

He may have had the blade on the 414 but it's not the correct frame, as for the carts most were made by an outside manufacturer such as Ohio Steel so it could possibly be a :wh: branded one and lastly the blower is one of the first 36/42" short chute single stage but from your pic I can't tell if has adjustable steel wheels or flat skid shoes for height adjustments, Jeff. (pic of blade frame for B,C,3,4,500 tractor)

IMAG3673.jpg

Goldann520

Ya i know it didn't look right from the start. There's 1 steel bar that bolts to the trans or frame in the back. The blower has adjustable wheels. The badging screems 70s or maybe 60s @WVHillbilly520H

Edited by Goldann520

cleat

That blade does look weird.

Edited by cleat

953 nut

That blade looks like it belongs on a vertical shaft wheel Horse like an !-80, not a 312.

• Like 1

Goldann520

That looks like it! @953 nut, he swears it and the blower were on the 414, I don't know how. 

WVHillbilly520H

Necessity is the mother of invention, like I said he probably did have it on there whether correct or not (just like my JD to Kioti conversion), those blowers with the steel wheels work just fine on paved surfaces not so much in gravel/stone, :text-offtopic: But do I spy a silver Monte Carlo SS "G-bodys Rule"... 

IMAG4049.jpg

IMAG3447.jpg

• Like 2

jay bee

@Goldann520  More Monte Carlo pictures please.  Looks like a couple of them sitting there waiting for their turn in front of the camera!!!

elcamino/wheelhorse

:text-yeahthat: I think @WVHillbilly520H can smell Chevys even in pictures.

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
46 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

:text-yeahthat: I think @WVHillbilly520H can smell Chevys even in pictures.

Jim, Just certain ones :auto-layrubber::ROTF:...

WVHillbilly520H

I remembered the bronze/copper '71 not the silver SS, :bow-blue:  many thanks on the extra pics, sorry if it goes vroom vroom we're all just lil boys salivating when we see em in the background one little tip on plug wire routing for those beasts around headers (in my pic) then we'll get back to regularly scheduled programming...

IMAG0817.jpg

IMAG0846.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Goldann520

Ya, ya it's a '72 by the way, @WVHillbilly520H, see the turn signals in the grille? That was for the wire comment,😁 also it's Mojave gold 

Edited by Goldann520
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

DennisThornton

I see a bargain!

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Goldann520 I really like the hood scoop on the Silver SS .

• Like 1

jay bee

Save the Horses, save the Montes, heck save all the old stuff!!!  My wife says I do...

• Excellent 1

Goldann520
18 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Goldann520 I really like the hood scoop on the Silver SS .

@elcamino/wheelhorse, just 2" semi funtional. Got the air cleaner high enough to be up inside the cowl. Not sealed off though.  Need to do this stuff tastefully in my opinion, but I'm super old school as you can tell

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H
14 minutes ago, Goldann520 said:

@elcamino/wheelhorse, just 2" semi funtional. Got the air cleaner high enough to be up inside the cowl. Not sealed off though.  Need to do this stuff tastefully in my opinion, but I'm super old school as you can tell

I like to refer to the "bug catcher" as the "ram air" option, since the original hood had battery explosion damage it didn't bother me one bit to take the jigsaw to it, now back to the blade personally I would hang on the the moldboard and angle quadrant then you either find an decent full length frame or someone else may need just those parts to rebuild a worn one since it has more use than just snow removal.

Goldann520

Ya, @WVHillbilly520H, I got sucked in by the trailer, but something else wh didn't make. Can't give away the blower down here, but got the 414 running today after cleaning carb and getting the water filled gas out of it. It backfires when coming down quickly from full throttle.  Could be a condenser or points i guess. I mean a good 4 inch flame out the muffler 

WVHillbilly520H
1 minute ago, Goldann520 said:

Ya, @WVHillbilly520H, I got sucked in by the trailer, but something else wh didn't make. Can't give away the blower down here, but got the 414 running today after cleaning carb and getting the water filled gas out of it. It backfires when coming down quickly from full throttle.  Could be a condenser or points i guess. I mean a good 4 inch flame out the muffler 

Points most likely out of "gap" which is also the timing, as far as WH cart I believe the "tub" carts were the only true :wh: versions, I'm sure if that blower was further north you wouldn't have any trouble unloading it.

• Like 1

jay bee
3 minutes ago, Goldann520 said:

Could be a condenser or points

My limited experience would lean toward points.  Had that same thing on a C-125.  Adjusted the gap and cured the problem.

• Excellent 1

Goldann520

Sorry to lean on you so heavy, @WVHillbilly520H, the left front wheel bearings came out in pieces so where to get bearings and what holds them on the spindles. (414) thanks 

WVHillbilly520H
2 minutes ago, Goldann520 said:

Sorry to lean on you so heavy, @WVHillbilly520H, the left front wheel bearings came out in pieces so where to get bearings and what holds them on the spindles. (414) thanks 

Measure the spindle OD 3/4 or 1"(bearing ID) then eBay has them for cheap...

Screenshot_20180408-203056.png

Goldann520

@WVHillbilly520H, ok but what holds them on the spindle. The tire, rim, and bearings. I see no snap ring groove or bolt hole in the end of it

WVHillbilly520H
14 minutes ago, Goldann520 said:

@WVHillbilly520H, ok but what holds them on the spindle. The tire, rim, and bearings. I see no snap ring groove or bolt hole in the end of it

The OD of the bearing race is "press" fit to the wheel hub and there "should" be a snap ring groove in the spindle but if it's worn off/out you can drill an 1/8" or 9/64" hole through the spindle(just mild cold rolled steel) and use a washer(s) to keep the wheel "tight" (not floppy)and on the spindles or if you're feeling lucky you could center punch and drill the center/end of the spindle to 5/16" x 1-1.5" deep and tap to 3/8"-16 and use a bolt to accomplish the same thing like old Cub Cadet JD style, Jeff.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H