RedRider

What is this part?

RedRider

I'm working on rebuilding HH100 and trying to be as attentive to details as possible with my restoration. The picture below was of an NOS Raider 9, which is very similar to the tractor I am working on. The piece in question is highlighted by the yellow arrow in the picture below. What is this metal hoop on top of the engine called and what is its purpose? I have seen some tractors with it and others without. It seems useless to me and likely to be discarded if someone ever rebuilt the engine. I can't seem to find a good reference to it in the online HH100 parts list, at least not anything that gives me a part number to look up. Any insight into this would be appreciated.  

tecumsehHH100.jpg

"Manic-Mechanic"

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I believe it is for lifting the engine from the frame, for an "Oldman like me", lol!

Edited by Oldman
  • Like 2

SylvanLakeWH
3 minutes ago, Oldman said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I believe it is for lifting the engine from the frame, for an "Oldman like me", lol!

Me thinks you are correct...

or...it's the very rare NOS Cigar Holder with dual spark plug / automatic cigar lighter (spark plug does both...). Just insert cigar and turn the key - tractor starts and cigar gets lit...

Problem was, they didn't line up the "holder" with the spark plug so it was recalled...

:ROTF:

• Haha 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• ebinmaine
      By ebinmaine
      A HUGE thank you to Tony @Docwheelhorse for settin' me up here.

The generosity of some of our members never ceases to amaze me.

This here is another 1974 C160, but with the rare Tecumseh HH/OH160 OHV engine. Made one year only.

It's rough. Very much in need of a full disassembly and restoration.

When it came here it was missing one tie rod and the other was broken off one end.
      Today I popped used tie rods on and Trina used her 867 to drag it from the drive to the shed.

The engine wouldn't move.
      Tin was near chock full of skeletal mouseseses and their house.
      Cleaned that out and the engine spins freely now.

So progress has been made.

It'll be a good long while before we get to this one but I just couldn't turn it down considering the rarity.

• bigcreek
      By bigcreek
      Well I found an eBay special, 700 Work Horse I bought for the deck to put on the 68 Commando I bought. 
      This 69 came as a parts machine, but all that is there is in great shape. Already pulled the trigger on a Tecumseh HH10, unfortunately did not do the research prior about the crappy coils on these engines. 
      Pill now ponder the repower more 

• Nathan
      By Nathan
      Can anyone help finding year of this tecumseh motor off a 603. I need a carburetor.

• ebinmaine
      By ebinmaine
      We're going to take apart the Tecumseh from my Honey's 657 so I can replace the crankshaft.
      Any little tricks or tips I need to know about?
    • ohiostate454
      By ohiostate454
      So I have been working on a 656 I picked up at the end of last year and I did my first ever motor rebuild by my self on it. However it seems that I have lots of play in the piston and some slop at TDC more then I should have. So to finish the year mowing I am thinking of doing a predator swap while I go over the engine again. I am sure several people have done this before and I have a spare mounting plat to make it work. I am wondering if anyone has any pictures of ones they have done for help along the way. I know I will need a adapter to use the factory pulley and I don't want to destroy any of the sheetmetal since it is in good shape. I will keep you posted as I go along and eventually when I get the hh60 back together correctly to re install.