Bttatro

Snow thrower height adjustment won't stay in place

Bttatro

So I used my snow thrower all winter on my c141 and it was fine until the last two snow falls.  Now the wheeled caster that adjusts the height will not stay in the position I want and I find myself pulling back on the implement lift to keep the thrower at the proper height. 

I don't see where the tension on that wheeled caster could be adjusted.:think:

Please help

pfrederi

I had one that did that.  I fixed it by driving out the roll pins 28 29 removed the lever and cross shaft 21 and bent the lever so it would put more tension on it

blower.JPG

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

As a temporary fix,   I have used a rubber bungee to pull the lever tight and keep the pin in the hole.

• Like 3

Bttatro

Thank you gentlemen!

• Like 1

Sarge

Over time those arms can get bent, just remove it and put a slight bend just above the pivot point to keep tension on the top section. As you use the blower,  turning puts a of side force on the height gauge wheels and bends the arm. Original wheels had a radius on the outside edge,  once they wear down the edges can get sharpened and make it worse. If they become sharp-edged, they can grab the pavement and really tear the arm up. I re-ground mine when I got tired of the arms bending.

Sarge