Big_Red_Fred

520H 60 inch Deck

Big_Red_Fred

Since my return, im on the Good Ole Boy Watch but you fell'a got me Bit in the Rear by a Big Red Horse Fly, so here's what i found again. Its a Toro 520H with a 60 inch deck, he wants 850.00, not saying where its at, but its Clean as my 417-8, is that a Deal, i wont show a Pic in case some of you Run to the Geritol Cabinet Mumbling that Dam BRF  !

I also located a 418A, thats about as close to a 420 i'll ever get too, its in Rough Shape, in Maryland, he wants 400 OBO.

Now if any of you want to know where abouts so you can contact the owners, Pm me or give me your number, i'll spill the Beans on Location of them, no Fooling around or BSing on my part, They are Cool to collect & i think i started out on both feet jumping right in the Swamp of Red Square

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Hours on the 520 would be a factor for me. Onan, people luv em, people dont. There pricey to fix when they go down, finding parts is hard. However, when running right, a great sounding powerfull dream. A lot of power in them. The 60 inch deck, nice, but about 300lbs if I remember, heavy duty as can be. If nice shape its worth a few bucks to. Best of luck.

Glenn

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

richmondred01

I prefer the Kohler applications too. 

You really can’t beat the k341 engine. 

Dont get me wrong I like the onan but the parts are high dollar. 

Tankman
4 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Hours on the 520 would be a factor for me. Onan, people luv em, people dont. There pricey to fix when they go down, finding parts is hard. However, when running right, a great sounding powerfull dream.

Glenn

Was always a lover of the Kohler's. A bit cautious picked up a (was a steal)) a '90 520-8.

The Horse and Onan, after the normal PM (penetrative maintenance) this Stallion performs! Sounds great!

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Tank, thanks for that great video. I think you lost that machine to a new owner. :)

Glenn

Tankman
26 minutes ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Tank, thanks for that great video. I think you lost that machine to a new owner. :)

Glenn

Fridays after school, phone rings, "Hi Pop-Pop. Can I come over? I need driving lessons."

The boys, now the Grandsons, all need Horses. And we're gettin' them!

The '90 520-8 lost all reference to TORO. Just because. :ROTF:

5849be1b3f275_WH-OnanSteerDecals.thumb.jpg.33702c9b34fd9bae165233ddba72b478.jpg

• Like 3

dells68

Boy, that video sure brings back lots of memories!  The directions you had to give the little guy reminded me so much of the directions I gave Emory when he first started driving his horse.  Time moves so quickly!!

• Like 3

stevasaurus

What a great video!!!  I think I would wave forever also if I was on that horse.  :occasion-xmas:  He is almost ready to drive around at the Big show.  :)

Fred, that may not be a bad price for that 520.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Big_Red_Fred

Here's the 418A i found, get you all the 520 in a min476375771b234cd98d5ffc20eec6bcd3.jpg.68236980050971ccde4fe9dd899a6fb7.jpg

• Like 4

Big_Red_Fred

850.00 is that a good deal ? Dont know hours, ill have to email him7390542eeb2f4573b328d9dddf35900c.jpg.21ca2ec75bba9a7d8ebcf36ca8a5cc8e.jpg

• Like 1

Tankman
42 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

850.00 is that a good deal ? Dont know hours, ill have to email him

7390542eeb2f4573b328d9dddf35900c.jpg.21ca2ec75bba9a7d8ebcf36ca8a5cc8e.jpg

Nice Horse! Running  well?

I would try to get a better price but, still not bad if all's well. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H

@Tankman, thought I'd get in on the action with my boy on the anniversary before a cab and 2stage were thought of, Jeff.

VIDEO0012.3gp

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H

@Big_Red_Fred, you know the 418s are on the rare side, one year only and only ones to have louvered hoods besides the 520s, I had one and let it go to a "better" home, I just wanted the cab at the time, before and after, Jeff.

IMAG0406.jpg

21765286_10213889419087895_3916134727155705313_n.jpg

24131323_10214469201622096_9220508232760174995_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Big_Red_Fred

@WVHillbilly520H is it worth the 400 ? He wont budge

WVHillbilly520H

If it runs, quiet no smoke and the hydro it strong, then yeah, the rest is cosmetics.

5 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

@WVHillbilly520H is it worth the 400 ? He wont budge

Big_Red_Fred
1 minute ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

If it runs, quiet no smoke and the hydro it strong, then yeah, the rest is cosmetics.

I will go get it, pm him now

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred
4 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

The 417-8 has a Louvered hood

Big_Red_Fred

@elcamino/wheelhorse Jim make some dam room in that shed

Tankman
1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

@Tankman, thought I'd get in on the action with my boy on the anniversary before a cab and 2stage were thought of, Jeff.

VIDEO0012.3gp

Very, very nice! A Horse is a Horse of course!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Now Horses, a Pennsylvania Panzer, Allis-Chalmers and a Cub Cadet.

Allis is a B10 but, changed engine. One cyl 16 hp. Needed it 'cause it has the mid-mount grader for our gravel driveways. Honest Hon. :laughing-rofl:

My first Horse, son was 10-12, I forget. Was a long time ago, mid 70's ? :ROTF:

Fab'd the front bumper for suitcase weights. Couldn't keep the front end down without the weights.

The earth needed turning for Honey's veggies.

Can someone ID this early Stallion? I forget. :ROTF:

AJ-Horse.png.56fc0b2c1d66c5707e38c3f8e329f30a.png

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Big_Red_Fred I would go for 418 has a kohler engine. One year only horse . Keep Farmer Alex away from it. 

Big_Red_Fred
1 minute ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Big_Red_Fred I would go for 418 has a kohler engine. One year only horse . Keep Farmer Alex away from it. 

Sure as Hell aint going to his Barn hahaha, bringing that 34 foot by 8 tarp down, i will live in 1 half LOL, youd shoot me ;-) ole buddy, im hitting the sheets, dream of horse jumping a broken down Cub Cadet

• Haha 1

Big_Red_Fred

And that Man said he would think about it, what we spoke of, 400, see what happens

Big_Red_Fred
8 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

What a great video!!!  I think I would wave forever also if I was on that horse.  :occasion-xmas:  He is almost ready to drive around at the Big show.  :)

Fred, that may not be a bad price for that 520.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

I screwed around to long, sold for 850 today, tho the 418A hes holding it for me, 400.00, if i dont want im sure ill get my money back at show ?