Earl

Just showing my Facebook find

WVHillbilly520H

It's only too much if you really can't afford it...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

richmondred01

We’ve all spent more then we should have. It looks nice. 

• Like 1

Earl

Not going to restore it, just make it usable. I just have to baby the hydraulics through this winter then redo the pump and buy as close as  a match to original rear tires

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:    That is a very nice looking first generation 953 you have there. Only about one thousand came with that steering wheel and recessed head lights. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.           :WRS:

• Like 2

Earl

953nut I sent you a message

• Like 1

953 nut

A bit more information on the three generations of 953 :wh:.

As far as I can determine there were three 953 generations, the first 1000 +/- had the recessed head lights which were actually left over HL-22 kits (serial numbers 62-  XXX), Ross steering and the steering wheel shown below.

59e1496de0072_early953steeringwheel.jpg.fe7ebc5c754f8b67404383d45d659c76.jpg

Also the hydraulic pump had a different type spring which I understand is only found in the 953 and the HY-2 pumps.

59e149a9cc344_4837Spring002.JPG.6428737c10f46762a3cf7a8e891e7242.JPG

The second 1000 +/- had the the Ross steering but the later steering wheel and head lights like the 1054 (serial numbers 3XXXX). The third generation had the fan gear steering and continued the 1054 steering wheel and head lights (serial number 4XXXX).

The seat frames changed from 953 to 1054.

The 1054 is basically a third generation 953 with a slightly different seat frame. The bends on the seat frame of the 953 (all three generations) are smooth and the bends on the 1054 seat frame is dimpled at the bends.

59e14e07230e1_1054seatframe.jpg.5a0aa5c3f56053a18645c809938d7a96.jpg59e14e4022e01_953seatframe.jpg.8c67472bd8e206424dca7d3e47ebabdf.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

Earl

Another question, 953 but, about the column below the dash. I believe there is what remains of a lighter, what could  that button above the lighter been used for

IMG_20180312_203831.jpg

IMG_20180312_203824.jpg

• Confused 1

Earl

Sorry typo......***** 953 nut

• Haha 1

953 nut

Those appear to be PO (previous owner) modifications.

Earl

Believe it or not, before I read your reply, I just got done thinking maybe previous owner added for something

• Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Earl

Thanks SylvanLake

• Like 1

ericj

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

eric j

dells68

Nice tractor!  I'm really digging the rear weights.  Welcome!

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Nice ride, and yes sir. Those rear weights are cool. Best of luck.

:text-welcomeconfetti:.       :wh:

Glenn

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@Earl :WRS:

Mike'sHorseBarn

Great score! 953's are nice tractors and are a nice change of pace to most wheel horse tractors. I had one once and sold it to 953 nut, he is the expert on the particular tractors! If you need a hydraulic rebuild kit, i suggest wheel horse parts and more. Click the link below.

953 Rebuild Kit

Edited by Mike'sHorseBarn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Earl

deleted 

Edited by Earl
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Mike'sHorseBarn
4 minutes ago, Earl said:

the lady i bought the 953 off of, her dad was a collector. just message her this morning and she still has wheel horses to sell. currently waiting for her to email some pictures and then i will spread the word with pixtures

We're only 2.5 hours apart so that could be bad :ROTF:

Edited by Mike'sHorseBarn
  • Haha 1

Earl

deleted 

Edited by Earl
  • Excellent 2

Earl

deleted 

Edited by Earl
'
  • Thanks 1