Dan693

1993 WH Red Paint

Dan693

Does anyone know of a close match to a '93 red spray paint that I can get locally without paying 20 bucks from Toro?

Its only for some touchup and doesnt need to be perfect.

Thx

• Like 1

953 nut

IH Red at Tractor Supply.

• Like 2

cleat

That's what I use as well.

Don't know if it is a perfect match however as I usually paint at least an entire panel or part.

The spray paint and cans of liquid paint to get sprayed on with a spray gun are different shades even though they are from the same manufacturer.

All of my tractors have this small discrepancy and after a while you don't notice any more.

You can just tell from this pic. The hood and fender were professionally sprayed with TSC IH red and everything else is TSC spray paint in IH red.

5aa14057d6a12_Decalson16.jpg.9e263dc9b83f005888eae77c3af73346.jpg

Cleat

• Like 6

KC9KAS
9 hours ago, cleat said:

You can just tell from this pic. The hood and fender were professionally sprayed with TSC IH red and everything else is TSC spray paint in IH red.

They still look mighty nice from here!

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON

I used Rust-Oleum Regal Red  on my C 160 and I like it. I think it looks  good.

• Like 2

Duramax7man7

You can get Rustoleum Regal Red in 1 gallon 2 Part Epoxy as well. 1 Gallon of Color and 1 Gallon of hardener to mix and spray at will. 
I really like the Regal Red. When you uncover certain parts that have not had any exposure to sun it looks dead on to me. 

• Like 1

Tankman
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:43 PM, BOB ELLISON said:

Same here. Most always on the shelf at Home "Cheapo", inexpensive rattle cans.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Under $4 a can.

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON

I did learn a trick from @JPWH if you use red primer it comes out a darker red and I think it looks much better then when the gray primer is used. I wish I would have used the red primer with the Regal Red on my C160.

• Like 2

pyroplegic

Rustolem tractor & implement comes in IH-Red & a rattle can available everywhere 

Zeek
On 3/8/2018 at 6:43 PM, BOB ELLISON said:

:text-yeahthat: I used it twice and liked it.

• Like 1

Pullstart

What about wheel options?  I was looking at Rust O Leum Ivory yesterday when I was grabbing a few cans of Regal Red and it looked too dark.  I've seen white and silver, but what's the off-white that people use?

Duramax7man7

I used rustoleum "linen" and that looks like a pretty good rendering of an antique white. I put it on my 90' 520h rims.