ztnoo

Nor'easter part deux

ztnoo

Nor'easter part deux

"It's not going to be as bad as last week's "bomb cyclone," but another powerful nor'easter is headed for the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. The National Weather Service issued a winter storm warning for eastern Pennsylvania to most of New England, from late Tuesday into Thursday morning. More than 36 million people live where a warning, watch or advisory has been issued. This is not the news that utility companies wanted to hear. Many are still restoring power to tens of thousands of customers in the Northeast after last week’s storm."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/03/06/little-more-than-year-into-trumps-presidency-merriam-webster-adds-dumpster-fire-dictionary/398748002/

https://weather.com/storms/winter/news/2018-03-04-winter-storm-quinn-snow-northeast-noreaster-coastal-storm

Edited by ztnoo

ebinmaine
41 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

not going to be as bad as last week's "bomb cyclone "

I guess that depends on location 

We hardly got anything a few days ago and this time :

GYX Winter Weather Forecasts
https://www.weather.gov/gyx/winter

Oh boy. 

ztnoo
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I guess that depends on location

Yeah, its all about real estate........location, location, location......;)

Looks like it's YOUR TURN this time!

https://www.weather.gov/gyx/winter

Edited by ztnoo

SylvanLakeWH

snowmageddon-2015-memes-2.jpg?w=600

Appears that Lady Liberty is ready...

Why the shovel and not a :wh: with a plow you may ask? Well - she is not a member of RS yet... you see, The Federal Government has not approved her request for wifi, so She does not have good cell service and therefore can't get the outstanding advice RS members provide in times like these...and since the National Park Service (NPS) does not allow purchases of used lawn tractors, she can't get approval for a :wh: either... hence NPS purchased a new hand shovel at the rock bottom no-bid price of $1,200,000 for this next storm...

:USA:

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 8

rjg854

Oh dang, I'm left out of this one, so no seat time for me :snooty: 

ebinmaine
28 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Oh dang, I'm left out of this one, so no seat time for me :snooty: 

I shall allow thee seat time in recognition of the need to maintain familiarity of proper tractor control. 

You could use it to go get the mail or something? 

• Haha 2

cpete1

You're killing me Mike, just about fell out of my chair laughing at the video:laughing-rofl::ROTF:. Only on red square..... Thank you, needed the mental distraction...

• Like 1

ebinmaine

First thing that popped into my mind was. ... where did he get that video of me and my grocery cart

• Haha 3

Sarge

While amusing,  it does reveal some of the folks that live around my neighborhood  - not kidding.

Hope everyone has some good seat time, stay safe and have fun. I plan to invest in a generator this year,  our power never goes out unless it's extremely hot or cold weather around here and last time it cost us a couple hundred in ruined freezer meat.

Sarge

cpete1

Earlier today, everybody I ran into was complaining how the snow wasn't amounting to any thing. All of a sudden we have an honest 12" outside and its still coming. Probably going to wait till tomorrow to clear things out. Got my gas, just gotta oil the chain on the blower and we're off to the races.:occasion-snowman::occasion-snowman::occasion-snowman: