Retired Wrencher

Will not turn mover

Retired Wrencher

I have bee trying to get this K181 74 to 75 B 80 to turn over. I have been using a jumper box used this method before. Cleaned all contacts. I put the 2 wires together on the pedal safety switch nothing. So I am thinking it may be the solenoid? Or the Starter? any thoughts would be appreciated. Every thing seems to be wired up ok by the manual.

Edited by Retierd Wrencher
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

JoeM

My wheel horse buddy called one day and was telling me about his snow plow machine being down. He went out to test run a day before it snowed and it did the same thing. Thinking the battery was old he changed it.........then the solenoid........nothing..........then he called me super frustrated. I ask him about the PTO lever and the phone went silent. I ask are you there? He said I'll call you back. called back and sure enough the lever was in the on position. He felt pretty bad but I told him one got me once but lucky I troubleshot it and caught it before I changed parts. I am sure there is a lot of others in the same boat.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Retired Wrencher

Joe I felt pretty stupid my self all the years been working on these tractors and this happens. O well that is life I guess. Thanks for the post.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

Joe I felt pretty stupid my self all the years been working on these tractors and this happens. O well that is life I guess. Thanks for the post.

No worries man. ...

Lesson learned! 

Glad it's running 

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
11 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

No worries man. ...

Lesson learned! 

Glad it's running 

Eric it is not running yet I had to put points and a new coil in it. This one was a little ruff but it is getting better.

SylvanLakeWH

PTO switch...PTO switch... Where have I sworn at that one before... Oh yeah - Same thing happened to me last year. Stopped to refill gas - in hurry - yep wouldn't start...HHHMMM... :hide:

Not to worry - you are in good company!

Glad you figured it out! Good luck with it!

• Like 2

953 nut

:woohoo:            Glad it was that easy and you didn't throw a lot of money away replacing a bunch of good parts.

I bet this has happened to all of us at one time or another. None of us were born knowing anything and the lessons learned by personal experience are the ones we will remember forever.

• Like 3

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, OILUJ52 said:

. I am sure there is a lot of others in the same boat.

Man, am I glad this never ever happened to me.

If it ever does, I will never ever admit it happened.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Lane Ranger

Been there done that (more than once) !

169.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jerry77

Don't feel bad...I put a shut off switch on my electric fuel pump...bought wore out the battery trying to get it started before I figured out the switch was off...:laughing-rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5