snowhound

Tractor lift

snowhound

Does anyone use a Harbor Freight motorcycle lift for working on their tractors and if so are you happy with it?

grinchsr

I picked a used one up a couple of years ago.  Can't live without it.  I was tired of crawling on the cement floor.  

• Like 3

ezeastside

I have one I bought new on sale. It certainly makes life easier.

It is a little narrow, but some guys have modified it for their use.

I use it for everything now!!

• Like 2

CasualObserver

That unit gets discussed pretty frequently.  You'll find some good conversation/ideas in these topics...

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

snowhound
13 hours ago, grinchsr said:

I picked a used one up a couple of years ago.  Can't live without it.  I was tired of crawling on the cement floor.  

That's why I was asking, I'm retired and looking for a way to stay off the floor without bending over all the time.  My thought was to cut down a sheet of 3/4 plywood and mount that to the lift to get the needed width.

roadapples

That's what my brother did ( 3/4 plywood), and he loves it. You can do everything standing or sitting on a stool...

wallfish

Added a deck to mine too but used a couple of 2x8s under the plywood, Had to make extensions for the lift arms. Also added wheels so it could roll around. 2 rigid and 2 casters

Marv

Here is mine in use. I used the 3/4 plywood to widen the platform, just didn't have it on in this picture. Works very well for an advanced year man.

B80_1.jpg

• Like 1

Copper116

I just bought a lift table like Squonk's... haven't even tried it yet but I'm excited to get into another project.  At my age and my knees....getting the work and me, up off the floor will be a great asset.