WHX??

K90 & 91 Score

ACman

:wicked: score :text-+1: Jim.....but  :wwp: of that K90 too !

Thanks the anticipation was killing me... :lol: !

Edited by ACman
  • Like 2

WHX??

Hold your wheel horses fellas yer drooling faster n I can type !

Edited by WHX14
  • Haha 4

WHNJ701

they look decent I had a similar experience recently a guy advertised many small engines for sale, and yes he had many, mostly briggs stuff, I bought all his older kohlers which included 3 k91s which were off leaf blowers, and a some larger kohler cub cadet engines and parts which I sold off, (keeping the k91s for something)

• Like 2

classiccat

2 bills for 2 mint K's .... you're my new hero  :bow-blue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHNJ701
22 minutes ago, WHX14 said:

Sadly these were his only two....... Briggs man he says not Kohlers ...free country I says ... I did leave my card with him in case he should happen to come across more!

me too I keep in contact when he picks up, he does clean outs etc.. as long as he makes a little above scrap value he is happy, which makes me happy I wish I could buy more of what he has but there is a limit to what you can save, and use and store

Shynon
2 hours ago, WHX14 said:

Funny yet I went to bed last nite with it on that shelf, woke up in a cold sweat at 2 am dreaming it fell off the shelf.

You know I was thinking the same thing when I saw it on the shelf, But that was gonna be one heck of a long cold  walk in my skivvies to take it down :ph34r: Jim thanks again for picking that up for me and if you ever decide to part with the other one, put me on the list. @Achto maybe I can help you out with the tins you are looking for, let me know what you need and ill look. Jim that looks like it was a fun visit, and all those engines :bow-blue: wow I like that motor wheel must have been fun back in the day.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

WVHillbilly520H

@WHX14, the green one is the style fuel tank I'm sorta needing for dad's CC ORIGINAL as I've had the outlet/bung soldered in twice a still ends up leaking any leads another or tips on fixing it correctly, thanks Jeff.

• Like 1

Achto

I'm surprised that your were able to leave Jim. I probably would still be wondering around checking out all of the engines.:D That's one heck of a collection!

3 hours ago, WHX14 said:

Is that the correct muff for your McClean Dan?

That one is the same as the one I have now. I did find a muffler for the McLean last year at the Burnett show. New in the box. The seller was hard to deal with, she wouldn't take a penny over $1. I spent a fair amount at her booth, she had a lot of NOS Kohler parts.

IMG_20170806_174747167-min.jpg.d1678144ed881b7f4f5d05e4f8753b02.jpg

38 minutes ago, Shynon said:

maybe I can help you out with the tins you are looking for, let me know what you need and ill look

Thanks, I'll send you a PM.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

wallfish
8 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

the green one is the style fuel tank I'm sorta needing for dad's CC ORIGINAL as I've had the outlet/bung soldered in twice a still ends up leaking any leads another or tips on fixing it correctly,

The K91 oval tanks are a bit smaller than the larger Kohler oval tanks.

Is that what you need, the small K91 tank?

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 minute ago, wallfish said:

K161/181 the original was a 7hp gen start now 8hp Bendix start. Jim, Sorry to hijack you're post 

IMAG2185.jpg

Screenshot_20180301-203851.png

WHX??
10 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Yah this tank is not the same as our under the round hood tanks fellas if that's what you mean

WHX??
5 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

K161/181 the original was a 7hp gen start now 8hp Bendix start. Jim, Sorry to hijack you're post 

No problem Billy if it's tractors I'm in! Thieve :ph34r:away! That tanks looks the same as.

I woulda waited till this weekend Dan for you to navigate but i know yer jonesin for some RED paint and didn't want to wait too long to score.... sides I was kinda down that way. Coulda used a navigator tho....... Karen (gps) was bein a %itch and not kind! :lol:Thats what I thought on the muff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

WVHillbilly520H

Well if ya know any good tips on fixing that dang leaker of an outlet, the sediment bowl hanging off there and that Kohler shaking it for 55 years hasn't helped it any even with resoldering a couple times, but it is nearly rust free on the inside, I was contemplating a brand new plastic version :think:...

Achto
10 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Well if ya know any good tips on fixing that dang leaker of an outlet

Not knowing exactly what material the outlet is made of. Could it be brazed instead of soldered?

WHX??
17 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

contemplating a brand new plastic version :think:...

Oh no lets not go that route Jeffrey... I doubt if it's been brazed by factory not sayin it couldn't be done but not at factory. Brazing woud take a very fine touch to keep from burning through the thin tank steel. Soldering on the other hand is best best done for high production and semi  unskilled labor in the day. More n likely the resoldering attempts have been tryed with unclean or not properly fluxed joints and therfore failed. No way to do it unless the soldered joint is completed disassembled and properly cleaned/refluxed. Solder type is real critic........ Holy schmitz Billy  now you do got me rambling like the Sarge on a windy day! :lol: Lets start a different thread!....how bout dem Packers? :blink:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

WVHillbilly520H

I'll have to get some close up pics of the offending culprit and start another thread on the best ways to fix how about that?

• Like 2

953 nut
9 hours ago, wallfish said:

a bit smaller than the larger

:ychain:Image result for what a profound statement

• Haha 3

Racinbob

WOW!! Thanks for posting all the cool pictures Jim. I just kept scrolling through them this morning. What a collection, the organization, the cleanliness......amazing. :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

I'm drooling over this lol     :bow-blue:

• Haha 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, Racinbob said:

the organization, the cleanliness......amazing

Yah really was Bob.... the pics don't really do justice to the detail on some of these. The fact that most were all in running order. I shoulda asked if I could see his shop were he did all his work!

• Like 4