The Gman

K301 fuel pump

The Gman

Help time please....

The k301 for my c120 (bought the tractor literally in pieces but all there I think???? :blink:) is missing the fuel pump. I've check the engine out with the ol  intravenous method and its :handgestures-thumbupright:. Ebay will sell you one for anywhere from $20 - $160. I know you get what you pay for but....... really?????

Isave tractors has one in the $50 range. Any experience with the plethora  (is that really a word??:huh:) of 301 pumps out there?

• Like 1

pfrederi

Think "Electric".  I use Facets but other have good luck with a variety of other brands.  Al  less than what a kohler pump will cost.  Search on here for "Electric Fuel Pumps"

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

Put a wanted ad in the classifieds. Someone here should have a good used one to sell you. Or try here http://a-ztractor.com/

• Like 2

Shynon

@953 nut has a link to electric that he uses, he will chime in soon

• Thanks 1

The Gman

Thanks guys.

I think I will look into the electric

Crazy_Carl

I've been running a cheap ebay one on the K301 on my C-125 for years and I haven't had any problems.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• BrianKoch
      By BrianKoch
      Looking for a good and flat cover plate for the k301 crankcase. My current one is warped causing oil to leak out.

• Jeff-C175
    • PWL216
      By PWL216
      Hi. I have a C121 which starts right up but lacks power. A compression check indicated 30lbs of pressure. I took the head off hoping maybe it’s just a gasket, but I think the cylinder needs to be honed or bored out. Based on the attached pics, is this block still good and would honing fix it?

• Tuneup
      By Tuneup
      So gang, it's Christmas time and my company has extended its forced vacation to two weeks, sucking 7 days of FTO from me. I've got all kinds of things to do for the wifey-poo but what the heck can I do for me?
      I've got two K301s so may as well get out the surgical tools and do a b-gearectomy. The C-125 goes first. Restored that back in '17 and so she's got maybe 75 hours on her. It'll be rather painless and the youngster is visiting so can assist in getting that b-itch up onto the bench. She's already been moved to the garage and the old Kawi and its carb parts moved back to the shed while I search for tiny o-rings. Wish me luck and pics to come. Oh, there is no rattle BUT she's always had a minor knock I chalk-up to excessive end play (didn't measure it back then 'cause I'm bad but, dang!, will now).
    • Jeff-C175
      By Jeff-C175
      I put together a replacement for the missing clutch handle today.  I like it so much I'm going to make one for my C-175 also!

Now I need to figure out how come it's not staying DISengaged.  It EASILY jumps off the detent at the slightest touch.  It appears to be a new bracket / lever, judging from the paint on it, but I have not investigated further yet.  Wonder if anyone has run into this and solved it?

What is the correct routing for the throttle cable?  This just CAN'T be correct!  It's right on the cooling fins of the engine, it's done melted the skin off the cable!  Maybe it's a replacement cable and simply too short?
      If someone could post a pic of the correct routing it would be much appreciated!

While looking that over I noticed some oil 'weepage' at the front of the engine.  To me it appears to be concentrated right under the fuel pump.  I presume there's a gasket there that may need to be refreshed?

The only other suspect is the valve cover but and that appears to be a little weepy too, but  more so the fuel pump. 

What say you K301 gurus?