Busman

Questions about plow and tiller

Busman

Hey guys, I have the opportunity to buy a C Series black hood tractor with a 12 horsepower engine that does not run. It comes with a 36-inch tiller and what he says is a 36 inch blade. I live in Tennessee so snow is not much of an issue.  What other uses would I have for the blade? Could I use it for my compost pile?  What would be a fair price for the tractor, plow and Tiller with no mower deck considering that it has not run in over 3 years?  I really want a tiller for my 314 h but I would consider keeping the whole setup if the wife let's me. 

Edited by Busman
Spelling
  • Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

The tiller should work fine on your 314H, as far as a 36" blade IDK :wh: did make a 42" for the garden tractor, non running with a good tiller blade and no deck maybe $350 depends on the overall condition, Jeff.

• Like 2

Busman

I'm thinking about going to see this tonight. I really want the whole setup but I dont "need" it so it'll be a tough sale. 

Screenshot_20180213-164032.png

Screenshot_20180213-164028.png

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:confusion-shrug: Lots of people report using the snow plow to push up the fall seasons leaves into their compost pile. 

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:      Looks like you would be doing him a favor by giving more floor space.     :ychain:    The tiler with all of the brackets should be worth $ 150 or more. I would offer $ 200 and see what he has to say.

Busman

Haha I agree. I just went and looked at it. Only thing missing is the belt for the tiller. I am going to go back with $350 and a trailer and pick it up. The tiller looks to be hardly used and despite his insistence, it is a 42" blade. The tractor has ags on the back. It's a c series with 8 speed and no hour meter. Any way to tell exactly what model it is? I am thinking c125

IMG_20180213_191207.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Busman
Spelling

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:                     

5 minutes ago, Busman said:

going to go back with $350 and a trailer and pick it up. The tiller looks to be hardly used and despite his insistence, it is a 42" blade. The tractor has ags on the back. It's a c series with 8 speed and no hour meter. Any way to tell exactly what model it is?

There should be a Model Number tag that will tell for sure.