TIGman

753 clone engine transplant

TIGman

I pulled the Kohler K161 7 hp engine on the 753 to have it rebuilt as part of the restoration.

While waiting for the engine thought I might try a little "transplant" with a 6.5 hp Clone engine. ;).  I'll have some more updates later on the "Franken-Horse" tractor.

Currently working 7 days a week so not much time left over for tractor work...... :unsure:

IMG_20180211_060233.jpg

IMG_20180121_123244668_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180128_162217648.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

:woohoo:                 Looks good.                    :text-coolphotos:

• Thanks 1

TIGman
On 2/11/2018 at 6:26 AM, 953 nut said:

:woohoo:                 Looks good.                    :text-coolphotos:

953 nut here's an update on the 753 clone :).  It has been a worker over the summer months helping out with the yard work. During the fall season now also.  LHas been doing a fine job too.  

IMG_20180722_160926994.jpg

IMG_20181013_121008118.jpg

• Like 1

Daron1965

I have the same engine in my 655. I love it.  Starts first pull everytime,  and has more than enough power.  

• Like 1

Pullstart

With that belt brake on the leading side of the engine pulley, does the belt stop spinning when you engage the clutch?

clueless
18 hours ago, TIGman said:

953 nut here's an update on the 753 clone :).  It has been a worker over the summer months helping out with the yard work. During the fall season now also.  LHas been doing a fine job too.  

IMG_20180722_160926994.jpg

IMG_20181013_121008118.jpg

I'm thinking about putting one on my 702. Any mods or anything you had to do to make it work, throttle connection, mounting, same belt, would be helpful. Looks like you really busy so no hurry.

Pullstart
16 hours ago, clueless said:

I'm thinking about putting one on my 702. Any mods or anything you had to do to make it work, throttle connection, mounting, same belt, would be helpful. Looks like you really busy so no hurry.

If I recall from back when I had a 6.5 Predator on Putt Putt for a while in the beginning, I had to run hoodless if I wanted the crankshaft in the stock location, with about a 3/8” think engine plate adapter.  I am guessing that he moved it back a tad to clear the hood and is running a shorter belt.  But that’s just my guess, Kevin :handgestures-thumbupright:

Chris from Michigan :ychain: