HENRYG

Brillion GT 6

oliver2-44

Cool I've never heard of a Brilliant tractor. We had a pull type Brilliann seeder at the farm in the 70's.  I wonder if there's any connection

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Interesting story, both yours and that of the tractor and Company. If you have any more history or information, I would love to hear it.

• Like 1

JC 1965

WOW !!   I never heard of those tractors before. Really neat tractor, thanks for sharing.     :thumbs2:

• Like 1

JoeM

So cool.

Post some more pics when you get r running.

• Like 1

Sparky

So will it get a full-on restoration or just get it mechanically sound and maintain the patina? Was it originally orange?

I personally like the original patina.

• Like 3

HENRYG

IMG_1999.JPG.46599d8fa68af0a07de26560840b6e67.JPGIMG_1999.JPG.46599d8fa68af0a07de26560840b6e67.JPGHere's a little more information, at some point in 63 the tractors were built by Lantz manufacturing division in Greenville Ohio. here are a few

brochures of the tractors, they were painted a light bronze color and white ,the ones made in Ohio were red . I think Brillion bought garden - all

and began building tractors if you look at a Garden All Pup they share the same frame, and have other similar attributes such as their use of louvers and the big belt pulley and cable steering. Brillion built farm equipment  but was also a producer of other heavy iron products. I will go out on a limb and say I think they Garden All and Brillion were in bed together before Brillion took over, why else would the first brochure exclaim New for 62 Brillion has a garden tractor I think the 59 I have was made by Garden All but badged Brillion iron works.

IMG_1996.JPG

IMG_1997.JPG

IMG_1998.JPG

Edited by HENRYG
picture add
  • Like 3

12 hp Kohler

Very cool tractor, never herd of Brillion before. :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1