Buzz

C-160 8 speed

Sparky

Looks to damn nice to be tossed out for scrap value! Good luck with it.

• Like 5

moe1965

It's hard to believe what people throw away.  

ericj

that's even got a newer deck under it, wish somebody would give me a free wheel horse, Now that I think about it I did get one for free years ago, a 73 10 hp 8 speed. good luck

eric j

KC9KAS
3 hours ago, Sparky said:

Looks to damn nice to be tossed out for scrap value! Good luck with it.

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

Road-Track

Guess they didn't know what a K341 is worth! :wacko:

Sarge

I've gotten several nearly free, son in law scored his 1067 off a scrap pile just before it was smashed - it's in great shape. Once the word is out in some areas of the country folks know you like/want these things - it will get to a point that they find you instead - gotta love that and it's how I got the D180 - for $75 not running. Granted, those that are dumped can have some major problems but that nice C is far too good to throw away - scrappers are idiots and we have to put the word out we'll pay more than scrap price to prevent them being melted. I have contacts at all the local yards that will call , give a description and put stuff off to the side so I can pick it up within a few days - scored some insane iron that way and those guys get bought a nice lunch for their effort . I've also gotten plenty of nearly new stock metals , some pretty exotic and expensive nearly free - pays to keep tabs on those yards.

That tractor in most areas could have easily brought $300 not running, go figure...

I paid $200 for my '74 C-160 and have put an insane number of hours on it of heavy work. Good score!

Sarge

• Like 1

953 nut
On 2/7/2018 at 1:30 PM, Buzz said:

Sunday was a good day; I was treated to breakfast, given a free tractor, and the Eagles won

:text-coolphotos:         Must be living right!       :text-bravo:

• Like 2

Buzz
6 hours ago, Sarge said:

I've gotten several nearly free, son in law scored his 1067 off a scrap pile just before it was smashed - it's in great shape. Once the word is out in some areas of the country folks know you like/want these things - it will get to a point that they find you instead - gotta love that and it's how I got the D180 - for $75 not running. Granted, those that are dumped can have some major problems but that nice C is far too good to throw away - scrappers are idiots and we have to put the word out we'll pay more than scrap price to prevent them being melted. I have contacts at all the local yards that will call , give a description and put stuff off to the side so I can pick it up within a few days - scored some insane iron that way and those guys get bought a nice lunch for their effort . I've also gotten plenty of nearly new stock metals , some pretty exotic and expensive nearly free - pays to keep tabs on those yards.

That tractor in most areas could have easily brought $300 not running, go figure...

I paid $200 for my '74 C-160 and have put an insane number of hours on it of heavy work. Good score!

Sarge

My son-in-law is one of the yard foremen and he and my actually live next to the scrap yard. Craig has given me a big aluminum tool box that fits in pick up bed and one of those aluminum ladders that fold 1001 ways. Looked like both were brand new. 

• Like 1

jwalk2cc

Congratulations Buzz. Thats my favorite model. I have two, If you were closer to NC I would give you $400 today

C-Series are hard to find down South , but I see lots of them on Craigslist up north.

And we had a local dealer here in Hickory NC Killians Hardware that sold many.

And still stocks lots of parts.

I do not know what has happened to all the older ones here in the Southern areas?

Johnny Walker