dells68

No response to Raider 12 purchase

dells68
3 minutes ago, oldredrider said:

Dell, if you need  a good running K301, I know a guy who has one! And it's on a Raider! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Don't tempt me Paul!  Not really need, just a sickness I guess.  All of my machines with the exception of my restored GT14, 953, and Emory's tractors have a purpose - snow plow, spray tractor, mow here at the house, mow at Dad's, cultivating tractor, etc.  Guess assigning each a job justifies having so many in my mind.  My uncle asked Dad if I was going in the mower business when he saw in one of my sheds the other day and that was only part of them.  Plus I turn 45 on Tuesday and I like to use buying myself a present as an excuse to get another:icecream:!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

oldredrider

HAPPY BIRTHDAY in advance! A K301 would make a nice present. :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

dells68
6 minutes ago, oldredrider said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY in advance! A K301 would make a nice present. :ROTF:

Paul, you shouldn't have!  I didn't know you cared so much.  I'll be up to pick up my FREE Raider and K301 soon!  Thanks ole pal!:ROTF:

• Haha 6

richmondred01

Really treat yourself and upgrade to a k341. Ive got a real nice one right down the road from you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

dells68
2 minutes ago, richmondred01 said:

Really treat yourself and upgrade to a k341. Ive got a real nice one right down the road from you. 

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't looked at your ad for the C161.  Nice tractor!  Sad to see it parting out, but good for you.  Parts=more cash!  Now what are you buying next?

richmondred01

Not buying anything. I’ve got several in storage that need to be dealt with. 

• Sad 1

dells68

Well, I waited until tonight to give the seller time to respond on the Raider I tried to purchase on eBay.  Still no response despite multiple attempts to contact him.  eBay offered to give me his contact information to attempt to call and continue the purchase.  I declined because I'm not a confrontational person.  I then cancelled the PayPal payment.  So, that's off.  I think I might treat myself to a new set of turf tires for my C125 instead.  Darn shame to run into dishonest or at least difficult sellers.  Thank goodness for PayPal and eBay purchase guarantees.  I'll still use eBay since this is my first negative experience in all my years of usage!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
6 minutes ago, dells68 said:

I think I might treat myself to a new set of turf tires for my C125 instead.  I'll still use eBay since this is my first negative experience in all my years of usage!

Dell, That's my thoughts...hope you took a look at my PM reply...those N766s seem to hold real good on those light weight front ends ought to do well on the rear with extra weight (fluid or otherwise), Jeff.

• Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

@dells68 check out @WVHillbilly520H storage shed I think he is going into the used tire business.:ROTF: He may be in partnership with @Big_Red_Fred about selling tractors , parts and tires at the Big Show.:ROTF: Double LOL

• Haha 5

WVHillbilly520H
4 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@dells68 check out @WVHillbilly520H storage shed I think he is going into the used tire business.:ROTF: He may be in partnership with @Big_Red_Fred about selling tractors , parts and tires at the Big Show.:ROTF: Double LOL

Doubt if the Red Tractor Shed ever rivals the magic shed of Craig @AMC RULES :bow-blue:...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

dells68

I can't talk.  I've got several sets of both good and well used tires.  All are too skinny for my needs on my c125.  As far as the red shed, I e got horses stored in my garage in the house and in 3 sheds.  I've got to build a new barn at Dad's this spring because our old barn - 70+ years old is falling down, not to mention that my 8n and John Deere were moved out of their stalls for my horses:sad-bored:.

1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Dell, That's my thoughts...hope you took a look at my PM reply...those N766s seem to hold real good on those light weight front ends ought to do well on the rear with extra weight (fluid or otherwise), Jeff.

I did get your message.  Thanks Jeff, I think I'll give those a look.

Gotta run.  Going to avoid the flu.  We were at a party with 2 kids Sat. that were confirmed with the flu today.  I'm really nervous about the stuff running around this year!

• Sad 1

oldredrider

Run Dell, Run!!!

• Haha 1

WNYPCRepair
On 2/2/2018 at 2:15 PM, roadapples said:

I recently purchased a WH part on eBay really cheap. Only bidder. Paid right away. Day or two later the money was put back into my account with a note saying he sold it by mistake. Said he needed it for his own tractor. I left it slide because I didn't need the part right away. Wouldn't have given it much more thought except for the fact he was a Red Square member who had my highest respect... No, don't ask....

I had the same thing happen with a member here. Bought the goods, paid for them, suddenly they refunded my money with no explanation at all, even when I messaged them here and asked why. This was direct with the seller, not ebay. 

• Sad 5

Sparky

@roadapples @WNYPCRepair Quote from the Red Square classifieds. We can’t do anything for a failed EBay or Craigslist transaction but if it’s happening here we can.

“You may report a failed transaction to the moderator administration team which will be evaluated for repeat offenders.  Any effort to deliberately deceive or defraud members will result in expulsion from the forum.”

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

WNYPCRepair
On 2/6/2018 at 6:53 AM, Sparky said:

@roadapples @WNYPCRepair Quote from the Red Square classifieds. We can’t do anything for a failed EBay or Craigslist transaction but if it’s happening here we can.

“You may report a failed transaction to the moderator administration team which will be evaluated for repeat offenders.  Any effort to deliberately deceive or defraud members will result in expulsion from the forum.”

Not worth the hassle. I'm the new guy, and he is a long time member and vendor. Plus, he didn't defraud or deceive, just refunded my money and went silent. It would have been the professional thing to communicate what the issue was. 

No big deal, I will just never deal with him again. Mostly, I just thought it was weird 

Edited by WNYPCRepair
  • Sad 1

Zeek
On 2/2/2018 at 11:02 AM, pfrederi said:

Open a case in ebay resolution center.

The above worked for me. I just had to do this recently when I dd not receive a part that the seller claimed was shipped (no tracking number). Once I initiated that, the seller refunded me immediately. They sell a lot of stuff and didn't want the bad rap. They wined a little when I initiated it, but I explained that is what eBay says you are supposed to do. We parted as friends and I got the refund I requested.

• Like 2

dells68

Well the seller finally got back to me.  I told him I would honor my purchase at $127.50.  I was honest and said the price was low for the tractor, but I would pay the auction price (127.50).  He contacted me again today and is posting it at $175 buy it now.  He wants me to come up and pay him on pickup.  Then he would pay eBay their fee.  Doesn't seem right to me.  I'm going to bow out and if anyone wants it, check eBay as he will list it soon.  I'm just not comfortable.  He must be or has been on here, as he mentioned @elcamino/wheelhorse.  Not slamming anyone, just not comfortable with the whole deal.

• Thanks 2

pfrederi

I would file a complaint with Ebay what he did isn't right.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@dells68 I wonder who that could be in your area ? Send me a PM if you want. I haven't purchased anything except at Tractor  in the Lynchburg area. I basically know you , @WVHillbilly520H and @oldredrider. Never met you all in person. Strange.

• Like 1

dells68

I'm just going to let it go.  The tractor was in my cart at $127.50 and he cancelled it to relist at $175.  I don't get it.  I let him know it was worth more so he could cancel and sell higher if he wanted.  Just didn't expect him to raise it on me and expect me to pay more - just doesn't seem right.  I'm done.  First negative experience on eBay ever and I won't let it sour me.

2 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@dells68 I wonder who that could be in your area ? Send me a PM if you want. I haven't purchased anything except at Tractor  in the Lynchburg area. I basically know you , @WVHillbilly520H and @oldredrider. Never met you all in person. Strange.

He is up in Mechanicsville.  Not sure beyond that.  His name is Paul.  I'll not give the last name for privacy issues.  It would have been a 5 hr drive for me, so now I can sleep in!

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse
4 minutes ago, dells68 said:

I'm just going to let it go.  The tractor was in my cart at $127.50 and he cancelled it to relist at $175.  I don't get it.  I let him know it was worth more so he could cancel and sell higher if he wanted.  Just didn't expect him to raise it on me and expect me to pay more - just doesn't seem right.  I'm done.  First negative experience on eBay ever and I won't let it sour me.

He is up in Mechanicsville.  Not sure beyond that.  His name is Paul.  I'll not give the last name for privacy issues.  It would have been a 5 hr drive for me, so now I can sleep in!

I don't know a Paul in Mechanicsville . strange and stranger. 

• Confused 1

dells68

Makes me think he's lurked here and looked for who's in Va.  Don't like that feeling:think:.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

I agree something is fishy about the whole thing.

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred

Did some one mention a strange , stranger BRF ?IMG_02441.jpg.7a6e1a19d3736293985040eec53617ba.jpg

• Haha 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Big_Red_Fred You have to get a better photo, that one will scare children and animals.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3