HoyBoy53

520H muffler

HoyBoy53

The 1992 520H needs a new muffler. I've been searching on the internet to find a replacement with not much luck. Any suggestions?

WVHillbilly520H

Did try checking the classifieds here, they occasionally show up on eBay, and our vendors section here @A-Z Tractor  might have one available, :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:, or is it just the elbow/outlet that's rotten off? I fixed mine myself, Jeff.

IMAG2959.jpg

IMAG2957.jpg

IMAG2956.jpg

IMAG2955.jpg

IMAG2132.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

BOB ELLISON

Welcome to another Michigander. 

EBay as @WVHillbilly520H said. I think you can still get one from Toro but you'll have to take out a house loan. Boy they want way to much for a new one..

• Like 1

jay bee

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:@HoyBoy53

R. L. Addison

Yup, problem is they are helping John Q. put them out of business. They have to have a markup % to make a profit to stay in business, their wholesalers also have to have a markup % to stay in business, and if wholesalers may have to buy from a distributor  there is another markup plus the factories must pay their wages & benefits AND all their mechanical/electrical/real estate/taxes/insurance/raw materials, etc., etc.,etc. So the decision is made to ship these parts where they can be made for pennies on the dollar, bring them back and get the same price for them, get rich quick, and everyone lives happily ever after. Good plan! Except, it doesn't work that way! John Q. can't afford to buy what he needs/wants from home town stores,buy there's this little secret called the internet .

I went to the internet after I could not buy some of the parts needed for a customer job, and found them for about 20% of what I would have to pay if I could have bought them locally. 

Now, I ask "Why"?             The best answer I can come up with(without starting a war here)----------------- GREED on many, if not all members of society.

Sorry you have to

put up with my lame-brained rant.       Ron

• Like 1

fast88pu

I have one that needs the Exit elbow fixed I would sell