Pullstart
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

In my quest for front end parts for a '61 or 62 looks like that tractor has got full length tie rods instead of only one Kev. That would mean it has the triangle plate welded to the lower shaft and no drag link. I woulda thought that it would have shared the same front end parts as a say a 702? Which is just a single short tie rod and drag link. Your steering gear looks '63 ish. I need to look at the IPL for a 502 I guess. 

My ‘62 tractor has a ‘64 frame, ‘78 trans and rear wheels, and an air compressor engine :ROTF:

• Like 1

WHX??

Might have figured a franken dinglenuts... I can't believe you actually had me in a furrow with that mutt! ... It's all good! :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
9 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Might have figured a franken dinglenuts... I can't believe you actually had me in a furrow with that mutt! ... It's all good! :lol:

Arrrfff arrfff!  Other than the little steering hiccup we talked about, he’s chompin’ at the bit to pull plow again!  

• Haha 2

Pullstart

I noticed yesterday’s trail ride gave me about 1/4 turn of steering slop in the wheel under certain conditions of field operations.  The roll pin in the fan gear was a bit shorter than it should be.  Good to go now, ‘cept I’m sure Uncle Jim will flame me for using the WHRat’s hood for a work bench!

F2D15E63-4429-4F92-A187-3834C60B4363.jpeg

0DCFC05B-4C87-49E8-B035-F680EF0BD5B4.jpeg

Edited by pullstart
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

SylvanLakeWH

The horror... :scared-eek:

You didn’t scratch the paint did you? :snooty:

:D

• Haha 2

Pullstart
52 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

The horror... :scared-eek:

You didn’t scratch the paint did you? :snooty:

:D

Not any more than I normally would :orcs-cheers:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
On 3/16/2018 at 8:27 AM, pullstart said:

I cut the hood repair panel out of a box store yard cart/trailer tailgate that was dropped off for my scrap pile, then trimmed it to fit between the frame rails and rest on the edges of the angle iron. 

in reference to the lack of pictures in 2018... here are some more front hood mounting tab details.

5A3B93B1-9972-4195-918D-763CF5F2F277.jpeg

FFE43290-2BDE-448A-BC8F-094896723DF4.jpeg

05A2D9D7-66AD-44EF-B342-E76D7D37312E.jpeg

EC5C6C54-D65B-4FBD-9857-E33462DFA0FB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

It was great to hear Putt Putt fire up last night!  He hasn’t run since 2020, when he abruptly shut off.  After a points cleaning and re-gap, I figured that K-181 would pop right to life but still no go.  I cleaned the spark plug but my spark was weak and intermittent.  I swapped out the JC6 plug for an H10C (?) and it was off to the races!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Pullstart said:

swapped out the **** plug

I've had the exact same thing happen multiple times over the years.

Most recently, we were running the Wallyho which is a Magnum 16 and it just quit. Dead. Nothing. It would turn over like it was meant to do so but not even a dream of fire in that engine.

I dropped a new H10C in there and it roared right to life.

• Like 2

WHX??

Shouldn't it have a JC8 or equal in it Kev? Thought all small blocks did and bigs are  H10?

• Like 1

Pullstart
On 9/28/2022 at 8:01 AM, WHX?? said:

Shouldn't it have a JC8 or equal in it Kev? Thought all small blocks did and bigs are  H10?

Couldn’t tell ya!  It always ran great with the JC6… until it didn’t.  I grabbed another plug out of another small block engine on the shelf and it fired right up.  

WHX??

Maybe someone else can verify this then. I think a 6 is real close in heat range to an 8

1 minute ago, Pullstart said:

I grabbed another plug out of another’s all block engine on the shelf and it fired right up.  

Done that many times to keep from going bald. 

Lane Ranger
38 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

It was great to hear Putt Putt fire up last night!  He hasn’t run since 2020, when he abruptly shut off.  After a points cleaning and re-gap, I figured that K-181 would pop right to life but still no go.  I cleaned the spark plug but my spark was weak and intermittent.  I swapped out the JC6 plug for an H10C (?) and it was off to the races!

yes I read last time I changed a plug in my B-80   With 8 hp Kohler K-181  that Kohler says ok for use in K-181.   I always thought the HC-10  was only for  ten hp and above.  

• Like 1

Achto
13 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Shouldn't it have a JC8

According to the manual J8C is the correct plug.

• Like 2

WHX??

Of course Dan the rack at FF was empty of J8C AND coils.. :eusa-doh:so the 701 161 had to get used crap.... for now. :(

I did read through the coil we replaced on the C-121 Dan and the secondary was way low so it got round filed. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 2

Achto
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

Of course Dan the rack at FF was empty of J8C

An RJ19LM is also a suitable plug for a small block Kohler. This is what I run in most of mine. They resist fouling a little better. 

• Thanks 1

WHX??

Agreed Dan ... I found those plugs in many of my small blocks. 

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Achto said:

This is what I run in most of mine. They resist fouling a little better

Could you elaborate on why that is please?

41 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Agreed Dan ... I found those plugs in many of my small blocks. 

Us too. Small and big blocks.

Achto
12 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Could you elaborate on why that is please?

Champion changed something in the RJ19LM that is supposed to make the plug more resistive to fouling out. Haven't had one foul yet so maybe what ever they did works.

• Like 2

Pullstart

Crazy.  I was telling Jada about getting Putt Putt running last night.  I looked at the picture of @PeacemakerJack’s clan here and it was Sept. 28, 2020.  I got Putt Putt going randomly on Sept. 27, 2022 at around midnight!  Shoulda procrastinated another day!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??
6 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Could you elaborate on why that is 

I thought maybe it just ran a little hotter :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1

Howie

I think they are a slightly hotter plug.

• Like 2

Pullstart

We’re a little pigeon toed here!

9420072F-855F-45FC-BF85-D03E451F3FD5.jpeg

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

One of the last times running, I was a little over a mile away from home and the roll pin broke out and was nowhere to be found.  I ended up driving the tractor in reverse, me standing in the front hanging weight and kicking the tires to steer it home.  I stuck a 1/4” bolt through but knew it was temporary.  2 years and some change later, I decided to pull it apart, clean it up and weld it.

AFC03D05-961D-4633-AEA3-99EFE686DF8B.jpeg

4929BA6C-3151-43CF-9FB0-E8A97CDEA473.jpeg

• Like 1

Pullstart

Something we can all agree on without anyone getting shunned, fresh Regal Red sure is pretty!

1A1BFD08-8B75-462B-BE3E-E57BCB002043.jpeg

• Like 1