Steve_O

312-8 pricing

Steve_O

I've come across a garage kept, very low hour 312-8, with a 42" deck and a cart.  All very clean.

What is a fair price for each; tractor, deck and cart?

ol550

Whatever your willing to pay and the seller is willing to accept.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

953 nut

:wwp:     Presuming they are in great condition the deck and cart would be reasonable at $ 200 each and a low hour 312-8 should be worth upwards of $ 700 so a bundle price of $ 1,000 seems about right to me.

• Like 5

ebinmaine
37 minutes ago, ol550 said:

Whatever your willing to pay and the seller is willing to accept.

That's quite true! !!

34 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:wwp:     Presuming they are in great condition the deck and cart would be reasonable at $ 200 each and a low hour 312-8 should be worth upwards of $ 700 so a bundle price of $ 1,000 seems about right to me.

Search around CL for about a 200 mile circle and see if you can find comparisons. 

Here in Maine $1000 would be VERY reasonable given a good condition and all being operational. 

Location Location Location ....

• Like 3

Jerry77

I just like to compare the price to that of a big box store lawnmower....if the WH costs you 1000 to 1500, how does that compare to a lawnmower?....The WH should give you 25-30 years with good maintenance.....the lawnmower about 6 - 8  years..    I forget, what is the question???:ychain:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Racinbob

A lot depends on what 'very low hours' and how 'very clean'. Which cart makes a difference too. I could see the $1000 but if it's really primo it could get more and still be a good deal. :)

• Like 3

Aldon

And always check to assure the hours match the wear and tear...

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Often overlooked Aldon...... by yours truly included, I think someone ran a recent 520 acquisition of mine with the meter unplugged.

• Haha 3

Red144runner

I paid $1400 for mine. '96 3/12-8 with 1-1/8" axles, magnum 12, 850 hours when I got it. Came with the 37" deck, bagger, 44" snowblower, cast iron weights and chains. Like others have said in the northeast they hold their value. Even the beaters command $500. Its incredible what 12hp can do. I've pushed and pulled way more than I thought a garden tractor could and I don't feel I've gone anywhere near the limit of the machine. Also mows as good as any commercial mower I've ever used.

IMG_4158.JPG

IMG_4327.JPG

IMG_4516.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

KC9KAS

So the 312/8 I bought for $100 was a steal? Just wanted the engine to put on a C-120!

Nice roller for sale................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

richmondred01

875-925 in central va. 

• Like 1

Steve_O

Thanks.  The asking price is in line with the numbers above.

• Like 3

hondagod64

If the whole set-up is as nice as you say it is...I would pay more towards 1500 to 2000

• Like 1

ebinmaine
32 minutes ago, Steve_O said:

Thanks.  The asking price is in line with the numbers above.

Go pick it up and take lots and lots of:text-coolphotos:

• Like 4

paulyv56
On 1/25/2018 at 6:50 PM, Red144runner said:

I paid $1400 for mine. '96 3/12-8 with 1-1/8" axles, magnum 12, 850 hours when I got it. Came with the 37" deck, bagger, 44" snowblower, cast iron weights and chains. Like others have said in the northeast they hold their value. Even the beaters command $500. Its incredible what 12hp can do. I've pushed and pulled way more than I thought a garden tractor could and I don't feel I've gone anywhere near the limit of the machine. Also mows as good as any commercial mower I've ever used.

IMG_4158.JPG

IMG_4327.JPG

IMG_4516.JPG

Thats a Beauty! I just purchased her Sister in CT. Same year, 599 hours. Same Mow Deck w/ Bagger, 2 Stage snow thrower, Wheel Weights, Weight Box, Chains and a small cart. $1300.00. I can't wait to use it! 

• Like 2

CCW

My always garaged 312-8 is 35 years old and only now am I replacing the engine.  It is a great machine.

• Like 3