56servi

Added Light Bar to my 520H

56servi

I got this 520H about a month ago to get the snow off the drive.  I had a walk behind thrower before this and a C175  with thrower & cab before that.  Temp got into the low 40s today so I wanted to get the lights mounted & working.  I wired the switch directly to the battery with a 10A fuse in line.

The bar is made from a piece of 3" wide by 3/4" thick nylon I got at work.  I have 2 LED lights at each end and a blue flasher in the center.  Alll from ebay.  The switch bar inside is a piece of 1" x 2" aluminum angle.  I have 3 switches mounted but am only using one for now.  It turns on both the flasher & lights.  In the spring I will have a separate switch for the flasher, 2 lights, and inside dome light.

I wired the ground & 12 volts directly to the battery to save time today.  The 12v wire has a 10A inline fuse connected.  I will change the 12v supply to come from the key switch on position when I do the other changes.

I also added the rear view mirror with home made mounting bar made from electrical conduit.

I live on a dead end street with only 5 houses past me, but the young girls go driving past without slowing down.  I dont always looking behind me when backing into the street so figures I needed a little warning light on the tractor.

Light bar on Tractor.JPG

Light Bar.JPG

Light switch panel.JPG

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

KC9KAS

Nice....Here in Indiana the only vehicles that can lawfully display a blue light is a volunteer firefighter and a school  bus.

56servi

Blue lights against the law in Michigan also.  I picked blue color because of that.  We only have 10 houses on our street so if the cops want to pull in my drive and give me a ticket that's OK.  We have Oakland County as our police and they are all pretty good guys.

K-Mart used to be my favorite store.  Now it's Harbor Freight.

• Like 6

BOB ELLISON

I'm seeing a lot of Michigan people here lately and it's  nice that we have so many. 56servi I would consider adding a relay to the light circuit along with the fuse . The key switch can only handle so many amps and it will burn up. 

• Like 1

BaySide1

that Blue light could get me in trouble with Johnny Law here in Massachusetts

Just now, BaySide1 said:

I have a very bright LED Light Bar

20171121_140948.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Yep, they are gonna get you.  :law-policered:

SylvanLakeWH
16 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes: Yep, they are gonna get you.  :law-policered:

With a typical :wh: at top speed that police officer would have needed to be a lot faster on the toss and retrieval!!! :auto-layrubber:

:ROTF:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Wouldn't stand a chance with this guy.  :auto-layrubber:

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
3 hours ago, BaySide1 said:

20171121_140948.jpg

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a shiny bright red tractor but sun faded orange cab vinyl, Jeff.

IMAG3955.jpg

r1jakecfd
6 hours ago, BaySide1 said:

20171121_140948.jpg

What brand/model of light bar is that? Your 520 is setup with cab like mine but definitely much prettier👌 I run a 44” 2 Stage blower.