Xearl

523DXI snow blower question

Xearl

44" Snow blower .  I want to straighten this guard but I don't know if the belt is supposed wind up in front or back of it . In the second picture the guard or guide is just on the other side of the pulley .

toro belt guard.jpg

Toro Jack shaft ..jpg

Kurt-NEPA

I didn't recall seeing this belt guard on my 5xi two stage, so I went out and looked.   This is what I found.

5a639ab95e386_5xiBlowerBeltGuardRod.jpg.dd9af58ec4f53d6f16f45938442df2d6.jpg

Looks like someone cut this off.  Not much help from me, but I wonder what it does.

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

I wonder if it serves as a belt guide, like on the mower decks?

• Like 1

Xearl

I think it is a belt guard but I recall that last year I tried bending it back but there was not enough room to get the belt past the pulley . I know its a tight fit on my deck .  Wrecked the belt when a chunk of ice got caught in the impeller so I thought I fix it while I have it apart to put the new belt on . New belt no. 100-4164 Got it from Parts tree 61.95 .  This afternoon I was watching youtube and someone said that NAPA B100 50 was the same and it was cheaper . I'll have to check that out .  Thanks guys for responding to my post  .  Picture of the gearbox brace I made . It is not cleaned up yet . I'll take a picture of it mounted t .omorrow

toro gearbox brace 2.jpg

toro gearbox brace.jpg

• Like 1

Kurt-NEPA

That center support for the auger will work nicely.  Should have come from the factory that way!  Well done!

For the drive belt try a Pix Blue Kevlar 5/8" X 104" part number B101K

I got one from vbeltsupply.com for about 1/3 the Toro price.  Probably available on fleabay too.

• Like 1

Xearl

I already got the pricey one but will keep the info .  Thanks again . ED

• Like 1

Xearl

Put on the new belt and had my friend sit on the tractor and run the blower . NO MOVEMENT OF THE GEAR CASE .THANK YOU FOR THE IDEA. KURT .

Edited by Xearl
Add content