Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

JoeM

@WheelHorse520H no power windows, does have tilt wheel and OS, (outside), air conditioning.  :D

• Haha 4

TonyToro

We got the 414-8 running!! It sounds strong but I’m thinking it’s missing the high speed jet on the bottom of the carburetor? When I did a quick cleaning to the carb I didn’t see a jet to unscrew? I have to look for a parts diagram of this Walbro  carburetor… but it runs just no high RPM.

lynnmor
16 hours ago, WheelHorse520H said:

What do you mean by that? I noticed today when I messed with mine that to put the trunnion on the bottom I had to move it closer to the engagement lever on the linkage rod.

Look at my photo, if the trunnion was up it would be nearly impossible to get in and would rub the muffler shield. 

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

I got the cobwebs out of a 1056. the spark plug was too hot and left white deposits, and the carb was leaking out the throat. All i did was change the plug and put some mild penetrant on the idle circuit,needle and seat, ans she came back around. this tractor has a metal tipped needle and the seat appears to have a rubber seat in the barrel. As I was afraid to damage it , the penetrant seemed just the ticket to soften it a bit with bending the tang a skosh

• Like 1

WheelHorse520H
1 hour ago, lynnmor said:

Look at my photo, if the trunnion was up it would be nearly impossible to get in and would rub the muffler shield. 

I see that, but what I just noticed was we have different heat shields, mine has a cutout for the trunnion.

CDB48BBC-F80E-467B-BE5E-FB71224AF1AD.jpeg

• Like 1

lynnmor
26 minutes ago, WheelHorse520H said:

I see that, but what I just noticed was we have different heat shields, mine has a cutout for the trunnion.

Yes they did make two different heat shields, and at least two slightly different mufflers.  My 91 has the cutout and my 96 & 97 do not.  The 91 I bought new and the trunnion was mounted no different than the others.

• Like 2

WheelHorse520H
13 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

Yes they did make two different heat shields, and at least two slightly different mufflers.  My 91 has the cutout and my 96 & 97 do not.  The 91 I bought new and the trunnion was mounted no different than the others.

Interesting.

• Like 1

kpinnc
21 hours ago, TonyToro said:

We got the 414-8 running!! It sounds strong but I’m thinking it’s missing the high speed jet on the bottom of the carburetor? When I did a quick cleaning to the carb I didn’t see a jet to unscrew? I have to look for a parts diagram of this Walbro  

No high speed adjustment in the Walbros. If lower than expected RPM is the issue, that won't be changed by adjusting the jet, as it is for idle mix only. 

You may just not have enough throw in the throttle cable, and moving that cable to provide higher RPM can be done at the clamp where it attaches to the engine- or by attaching the cable in a different hole on the lever.

images.jpg

Edited by kpinnc
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead
On 8/19/2021 at 11:40 PM, JoeM said:

Worked on the FEL plow angling hydraulics. I rigged up a quick attach plow and I am getting older and don't want to get out of the seat to adjust. 

I used the deck lift hydraulics for the angle circuit. 

Still need to fab a guard up for the fittings. 

1218240287_HydraulicAngleBladeCylinder2.jpg.0542464d1b61dfa508a227d1826caa0b.jpg1692347414_HydraulicAngleBladeCylinder1.jpg.d3569373fe083b7a4c3a4a6fd583982b.jpg

Great Gadget, i thinkering to do that also on my Iseki but i have a Snowplow for my beloved Wheelhorse,

so not needed for now.

But definitely Cool.  👍

did your FEL have a Float Valve? It is highly recommended for such purposes.

( just as a suggestion) 

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Give the Horse after a long Workday with 3 times refuelling

a complete Bath and After that a complete grease Service.

9F6F322A-478E-4CB3-A4A7-20166B9FD21E.jpeg.80ec8c613579f2587961394b30bab8e1.jpeg

C75384A1-FE63-4D4B-9EB2-E44065439B63.jpeg.efa6fcbaf2690a0c504c7e87bd579504.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

Gregor

I don't think Horses eat tomatoes. :dunno:

• Haha 4

JoeM
23 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

did your FEL have a Float Valve

Yep, it also has the regen on the tip circuit, but I don’t much care for that function. 
Tks !

Tractorhead
1 hour ago, Gregor said:

I don't think Horses eat tomatoes. :dunno:

Wheelhorses don‘t they help at harvest... 😎

squonk
On 8/20/2021 at 8:11 AM, D_Mac said:

So I picked a couple of these up at TSC. Look and sound great on the 1075 and the 500 Special. Need to go back and get two more. Now instead of yelling g at my dog to " get out of the way " I honk !!

Got my bike bell on my 857. And if they don't get out of the way there is a Harbor Fright Bad Boy air horn under the seat! :banana-dreads::banana-blonde::banana-linedance:

857.JPG.6d1e7d85bee9c4b616779a9c556f1e67.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Heart 1

OutdoorEnvy

First time using the box blade with the 312!  Went pretty well overall.  Jack and I helped out the grandparents place leveling a small corner where a pool used to be.  They will be laying sod later when the temps cool a little.  But it was fun putting the tractors to work.  Forgot to do a before and after pic...so these are just some random pics throughout the job...

498357214_pic43.jpg.5d8b65968a7a537f28e8c07a27c3ca66.jpg

492974401_pic42.jpg.bc36adf7bb2c8025c78ddfbbbc4c1a78.jpg

Jacks Montgomery Ward lawn tractor we saved a while back has been a great cart hauler for jobs like this when two tractors are needed.  We had fun working the tractors together!   We removed about 10 cart loads of dirt/sand! 

941661335_pic44.jpg.4b3e82f9db9f257314a15079a2796141.jpg

A good day in the books! 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

TonyToro
On 8/20/2021 at 5:04 PM, kpinnc said:

No high speed adjustment in the Walbros. If lower than expected RPM is the issue, that won't be changed by adjusting the jet, as it is for idle mix only. 

You may just not have enough throw in the throttle cable, and moving that cable to provide higher RPM can be done at the clamp where it attaches to the engine- or by attaching the cable in a different hole on the lever.

Thanks for the tip, but inside the carburetor I didn’t see the jet that screws in from the bottom. I’m going to look for a rebuild kit and diagram now. I think it’s missing this jet. The tractor idles perfect but will not run anything past idle.

8ntruck

Brought a Black Hood home today.  Also, a dozer blade and a 48"deck.

Was going to post pictures, but our laptop is in the shop, so pictures will need to wait until Monday when we get it back.

Quick initial inspection indicates electrical work, maybe some hydraulic work, and head removal to check valves and bores, in addition to the usual baselining.

• Like 2

ZXT
47 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

Was going to post pictures, but our laptop is in the shop, so pictures will need to wait until Monday when we get it back.

You best go out back and get it, wouldn't want your Horses getting on CL and buying more companions :ychain:

• Haha 3

8ntruck
3 hours ago, ZXT said:

You best go out back and get it, wouldn't want your Horses getting on CL and buying more companions :ychain:

Nope.  The computer is at the computer shop.  It is getting a SSD, a RAM update, and a fresh copy of Windows installed.

• Like 1

WheelHorse520H
5 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Nope.  The computer is at the computer shop.  It is getting a SSD, a RAM update, and a fresh copy of Windows installed.

They are tractors, they can drive to the computer store!:lol:

• Haha 1

Pullstart

Gloomy morning… not very picturesque.  I took a long overdue stroll on Jackie the lever steer.  Man that thing runs great!

Edited by pullstart
Auto correct rocks!
  • Like 2

Pullstart

Just noticed we’re on page 502.  I love my 502!  

77B1FA98-59AD-4EEC-9761-9CF336EFC1F0.jpeg

2AD3F904-D32D-4F99-88DC-E7912B3DD75D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5