Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

lynnmor
29 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Had pvc in garage from another project so it’s a free test… have enough for five 4” wide by 42” long sections… I’m guessing it’s gonna wear pretty fast, but I tip the blade as far forward as it can and will run it “light”, so we’ll see…

Drill at least another two rows of holes to get more uses from the bar.  You are pretty much out of metal on the blade and having the plastic sticking out that far without support may cause problems.

• Like 2

i missed buying this for $50  as parts tractor by apparently minutes 

marketplace1.jpg

• Sad 5

and i missed this one a couple weeks ago for $150

marketplace2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

TonyToro
19 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

I put the rear hubs on today. Finished painting the rear wheels and went for the maiden voyage. Only thing left is the bodywork and paint on the hood.

WOW looks great! I was thinking of the same look on one of our tractors. Can you tell me what you did to mount those rear rims? Size of tire and rim would be helpful too! 

• Like 1

Oldskool
1 hour ago, TonyToro said:

WOW looks great! I was thinking of the same look on one of our tractors. Can you tell me what you did to mount those rear rims? Size of tire and rim would be helpful too! 

Those are 16in rims with 7.00x16 tires.

Here is an abbreviated timeline of the procedure.

20210516_120034.jpg

20210522_062653.jpg

20210522_070707.jpg

20210522_205112.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

Horse Newbie
3 hours ago, The Tuul Crib said:

Yes and it takes two weekends to do!

I know what you mean...I'm thinking I may get one of those things that reminds  me of a floor buffer...hook your pressure hose to it and a wand spins underneath it...does about an 18 inch or so wide swath...saves your back!

Screenshot_20210523-204650.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
10 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

.I'm thinking I may get one of those things that reminds  me of a floor buffer...hook your pressure hose to it and a wand spins underneath it...does about an 18 inch or so wide swath... Saves your back!

I've had one for a few years, back saver and does a great job. The two nozzles aimed on opposite directions  make it much easier to do, not fighting the force of the pressure.

• Like 1

Maxwell-8

Nice to see everybody so busy working with/on their horses. Hope to get my Kohler running today. Have very limited time tho.

• Like 2

chip61

Got "George" running this weekend. He had been jumping the solenoid with a screwdriver since he got it so I replaced that. I need to get a battery some time, but otherwise ready to go! I got a new air filter thinking the old one may need to be replaced, and changed the oil. I thought the paint was in terrible shape, but he painted it with rattle can paint and I can see the original paint in places where it has peeled. I'm hoping I can use a pressure washer to get that off and maybe clean up the original paint.

I think this tractor was taken care of until he got it a couple years ago-it looked really nice the first time I saw it. Now if I can only figure out what he did with the two rear wheel covers!

20210522_144443.jpg

• Like 8

Horse Newbie
49 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I've had one for a few years, back saver and does a great job. The two nozzles aimed on opposite directions  make it much easier to do, not fighting the force of the pressure.

I think they leave less of a "mark" on the concrete also. When I use the handheld wand, with the yellow nozzle, sometimes you can see where my overlap was...I have noticed about all of the Pressure Washer Surface Washers say 3000psi...my pressure washer is 2500 psi I think... you think it will still work good ?

@953 nut

Maxwell-8
5 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

I think they leave less of a "mark" on the concrete also. When I use the handheld wand, with the yellow nozzle, sometimes you can see where my overlap was...I have noticed about all of the Pressure Washer Surface Washers say 3000psi...my pressure washer is 2500 psi I think... you think it will still work good ?

@953 nut

Yess, why not, I believe that's the max pressure allowed thru it.

• Like 1

johnnymag3
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2021 at 7:36 PM, ebinmaine said:

brightosity. 

That's one wicked cool word !!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
48 minutes ago, johnnymag3 said:

That's one wicked cool word !!!!

Technical stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Snoopy11
On 5/22/2021 at 9:32 PM, 8ntruck said:

The Horse got its exercise today hauling the trailer with the dock sections down from storage to the lakefront.

Squirted another coat of stain on to the top side of the dock to even out the color of the old planks and the new replacement planks I installed last summer.

My wife's cousin came up to his place yesterday.  He has lakefront two doors down from ours.  While out with the dog on our morning 'parimiter patrol', he was out weed whacking.  While we were passing the time of day, he asked when the last time the Wheel Horse was tuned up.  Turns out that the Wheel Horse was causing interference on his tv.  Said it pixelated all of the channels.  He is using a UHF antenna, not cable for his tv.

Anybody else see this?  Not sure if I put a resistor plug in last time I replaced it.  Would that make a difference?

Tonight, he came over and said that my Wagner electric sprayer was also messing up his tv.  I'm beginning to think it is an antenna issue, not my equipment.

He had better be glad I am not his neighbor...  as the 'antenna' bull crap would not be his only problem...

I don't think he would like Tillotson RS engines... :auto-layrubber:

225RS Tillotson Engine Long Block

Don

• Haha 2

Snoopy11

By the way... I have to get the Horse out and haul water out to the fruit trees (cherry, apple, and pear)... because we aren't getting any rain here in Indiana...

Don

• Like 1

Stormin

Put the mower deck on the C-125 today. When I swung the clutch pulley retaining hoop Into position after fitting the belt, it snagged on the end of the clutch pulley. After mowing I decided to investigate.

I found the p.t.o. pulley a tad loose on the crankshaft. After taking the p.t.o. clutch off , I found the grub screw that tightens on the key was a touch loose and wouldn't tighten up. Pulley off and the reason was found. The grub screw is only half the length of the screw hole and the hole thread had striped. Also the hole was slightly off centre of the key way. The screw only gripping half the key.

Had a root through my grub screw box and the only grub screw suitable was a 10mm. So I re-drilled and tapped the pulley. The 10mm grub screw is slightly longer than the hole but that is all for the better. It also tightens onto the full width of the key.

I'll put it back together tomorrow night. It was starting to get chilly by 7pm.

Why Wheel Horse didn't use a full length grub screw I don't know.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 3

squonk
On 5/23/2021 at 5:53 PM, SylvanLakeWH said:

Started on a bit of front blade maintenance and a bit of a test. Gloss front paint. Lubed everything. And…

New concrete driveways this year for two of the three I plow… so going to try a pvc wear bar. Previous asphalt drives were crap so didn’t care… metal worked fine… now I’m gonna care…

Had pvc in garage from another project so it’s a free test… have enough for five 4” wide by 42” long sections… I’m guessing it’s gonna wear pretty fast, but I tip the blade as far forward as it can and will run it “light”, so we’ll see…

Will post completed job when the paint dries and I get her mounted up…

Friend of mine got a 2" PIC pipe and cut a slit in it length wise. He snapped it over the existing wear bar on his Speeded plough. He did it to keep from scooping up gravel.Seems like it would work on concrete too.

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH
1 minute ago, squonk said:

Friend of mine got a 2" PIC pipe and cut a slit in it length wise. He snapped it over the existing wear bar on his Speeded plough. He did it to keep from scooping up gravel.Seems like it would work on concrete too.

I’ve seen that… for where you want it to “float” over gravel or grass when pushing snow… I’m hoping this will still “cut” snow but not scar the driveway surface… we shall see…

Horse Newbie
6 hours ago, Snoopy11 said:

aren't getting any rain here in Indiana...

Don

Been about 4 weeks no rain in Monroe NC...the tree man has turned my yard into a dust bowl...

I'm

:text-offtopic:

20210524_182924_HDR.jpg

tom2p
On 5/23/2021 at 5:53 PM, SylvanLakeWH said:

Started on a bit of front blade maintenance and a bit of a test. Gloss front paint. Lubed everything. And…

New concrete driveways this year for two of the three I plow… so going to try a pvc wear bar. Previous asphalt drives were crap so didn’t care… metal worked fine… now I’m gonna care…

Will post completed job when the paint dries and I get her mounted up…

84EAEA4F-E6F4-437F-8B33-08BE3F590C89.jpeg

UHMW plastic (Ultra High Molecular Weight polyethylene) might work fairly well ?

Snowmobile ski skins / skis are made of the stuff and wear well

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1