Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Keep in mind...

that thing is heavy enough to scar you for life. 

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Greentored
52 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes: Keep in mind...

that thing is heavy enough to scar you for life. 

Definitely do NOT want this on top of me, thats for sure!

Probably getting about time to be wearing a helmet when doing sketchy stuff....

• Like 3

Pullstart
9 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

Also changed the oil in the generator. 

that’s a great reminder!  

• Like 1

D_Mac

@Greentored i flipped a tractor over backwards once. Broke my arm and wrist in 100 pieces. Its all fun and games until you are on the ground with your hand turned around backwards. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

kpinnc
3 hours ago, Greentored said:

Definitely do NOT want this on top of me, thats for sure!

Probably getting about time to be wearing a helmet when doing sketchy stuff....

Maybe some form of rollover protection would be useful? Would make for an interesting build thread for sure.

I personally very much like the tractor in that picture. I've seen it several times on other threads. What you do with your machine is of course your business. Keeping these old tractors going is what we all love here too, and finding new "jobs" for them in particular is something I enjoy- especially when mods are done to accomplish it. That being said, I hope no one gets hurt on one. Each time I mow my pasture (has some crazy hills), I'm thankful for that seat belt and roll bar on the Scag! 

Again, it's none of my business and I know it. Feel free to ignore this. 

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

D_Mac

Well I am STILL painting wheels. I took the rear wheels off the 875 to paint. Even though I still have not got an engine for it I want it to look good. I put on the spare set of AG tires and wheels I had and well...... I am starting to like how they look. Might just leave them on. I also ordered new throttle and choke cables for the 1075. Looking into getting a new carb for it as well. Seems to be only 2 choices. 15 dollar cheapy or 100 dollar one. Anyone have any thoughts on carbs for the 1075 ? The one on it now I believe to be a replacement. It also leaks from the bowl. 

20210514_093624.jpg

20210514_093507.jpg

20210513_114254.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
23 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Anyone have any thoughts on carbs for the 1075 ? The one on it now I believe to be a replacement

You probably read in several other threads that I'm no fan of the import replacement carbs.

Several of us have used them with good success but I just haven't been that lucky.

As to a replacement for that, get a hold of Lincoln at A To Z. 

Purchase a carb from him and have him send it up to me. I'll rebuild it for you and send it back down to you. Parts and supplies run about 25 bucks or so. Freight from me to you will be maybe 12 to $14?

• Like 1

kpinnc
30 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Looking into getting a new carb for it as well. Seems to be only 2 choices. 15 dollar cheapy or 100 dollar one. Anyone have any thoughts on carbs for the 1075 ? 

I always want to use OEM when I can, but I also have a couple cheapo carbs as well. I have had better luck with mine than some folks, but I only have them as temporary replacements anyway. A carb kit takes time to get and install, so I use the cheap carbs to keep the tractor going until I can repair the OEM the right way. I've had no issues with the China carbs so far. Certainly the only carbs I have that have no throttle shaft play...

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 1

D_Mac

I have had the same luck with the cheap ones. Hit or Miss. I flip a few snow blowers and mowers and sometimes the cheap one work ok sometimes not. Since I flip them I am happy with working ok. As for something I want to keep for myself.... I would rather get something better. Thanks for the offer EB. I also see that you can buy them from ISAVETRACTORS already rebuilt but have heard mixed reviews .

• Like 1

ebinmaine
16 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

ISAVETRACTORS already rebuilt

I don't know if those are rebuilt. I thought they were new replacements.

I still wouldn't do it.

Lincoln is a great guy and he's always treated me very well and he's a vendor of Redsquare which is kind of my version of "keeping it local."

• Like 1

WheelHorse520H
6 hours ago, Greentored said:

I've been practicing controlled hill climbs on the B-1 bomber.

b1k.jpg

I don’t know, doesn’t look to controlled you me!

• Haha 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@D_Mac I have purchased new carbs from ISaveoldtractors . No problems with them. I learned a long long time also that I could not rebuild a carb if my life depended on it. I have seen them grow legs and run off the work bench when I laid down a rebuild kit next to them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Pullstart

There you go @krystolo!  You’ll enjoy the outcome.  If you have enough wire to move the anodes equal distance from each other around the tub, you might even get better results quicker :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, pullstart said:

wonder why the P.O. Added a 90 and pointed it up.

Wanted a baby stack?

I'd put it back original. 

Seems like where it is it'd be puffing exhaust in yer face. 

• Like 1

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Wanted a baby stack?

I'd put it back original. 

Seems like where it is it'd be puffing exhaust in yer face. 

It doesn’t bother me, surprisingly.  Maybe 3.5 hp isn’t enough to make me feel funny :eusa-whistle:

Edited by pullstart
  • Haha 2

rjg854
35 minutes ago, pullstart said:

It doesn’t bother me, surprisingly.  Maybe 3.5 hp isn’t enough to make me feel funny :eusa-whistle:

You mean funny ER :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

squonk
5 hours ago, D_Mac said:

I have had the same luck with the cheap ones. Hit or Miss. I flip a few snow blowers and mowers and sometimes the cheap one work ok sometimes not. Since I flip them I am happy with working ok. As for something I want to keep for myself.... I would rather get something better. Thanks for the offer EB. I also see that you can buy them from ISAVETRACTORS already rebuilt but have heard mixed reviews .

Your tractor runs fine just leaks gas. I'd rather change the gaskets for the bowl than take a chance on a China carb that could give you more issues.

• Like 3

rjg854

Another vote here, that suggests, fix what you have. Rebuild kits aren't that expensive. ;)

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

squonk

My offer of free labor is in! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 2