Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

OldWorkHorse
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

You going to be able to see that exhaust okay?

Was thinking welding sum hunter orange flags on the side just incase. I mean at least she will know where she parked. 

• Haha 1

pfrederi
42 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Was thinking welding sum hunter orange flags on the side just incase. I mean at least she will know where she parked. 

I think tree branches, the kind that like to break exhaust stacks are color blind:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
14 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

I think tree branches, the kind that like to break exhaust stacks are color blind:P

I thought yellow exhaust was tree branch proof. 

I get anywhere near a tree branch on my property with anything of mine and I just cut the branch off...

• Like 1

pfrederi
4 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I thought yellow exhaust was tree branch proof. 

I get anywhere near a tree branch on my property with anything of mine and I just cut the branch off...

That may work out in the forest but cutting branches off the other half's  Japanese  red maple, apple trees and some other ornamentals is not something i want to try.

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

That may work out in the forest but cutting branches off the other half's  Japanese  red maple, apple trees and some other ornamentals is not something i want to try.

I can understand the logic in that statement. 

:lol:

Handy Don
3 hours ago, lynnmor said:

Did you reverse the meter leads and test both ways on each?

I did (but an excellent question!) as VOM meter skills and testing diodes and transistors got drilled into my head during electronics and controls labs at school (chemistry lab stuff not so much but that's for some other thread).

At the time, I noted that the B to one of the ACs was 0 Ω in both parities (which I took to be not good--now I know to look more carefully). The other pair was hundreds of ohms in both parities--so a dead duck. As well, with that regulator on it wouldn't charge at all and with the new one it worked like a champ.

OldWorkHorse

Got some painting in on the B-80 "FlowahPowah"! :happy-hippy:

20210415_151357.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

rjg854

:wh: of a different color. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

D_Mac

@rjg854nice stable you have there, I do see room for more horses !

rjg854

A man has got to know his limitations. :teasing-neener:

Just because you find one doesn't require you to buy it :teasing-poke:

Especially if you aren't able to fix it:ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

D_Mac
1 hour ago, rjg854 said:

A man has got to know his limitations. :teasing-neener:

Just because you find one doesn't require you to buy it :teasing-poke:

Especially if you aren't able to fix it:ychain:

I didn't buy it to fix it. I bought it for the deck. I do know my limitations. I also know that the tractor is worth repairing and not being taken apart for parts. If I wanted to fix it I would. A man also needs to know the facts before he tries to put someone down. 

• Heart 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Got some painting in on the B-80 "FlowahPowah"! :happy-hippy:

20210415_151357.jpg

Lookin good Mister. 

Who's doing the prep and painting?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse
Just now, ebinmaine said:

Lookin good Mister. 

Who's doing the prep and painting?

Me myself and I, the owner she just does the fun stuff.... drives it lol. 

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Me myself and I, the owner she just does the fun stuff.... drives it lol. 

You gotta get that girl out workin in the shop!!

She doing the detail painting later?

• Haha 1

Damien Walker
On 4/12/2021 at 2:08 AM, Horse Newbie said:

Put the 520H hood, belt guard, console side covers, and seat pan back on after painting them Rustoleum Regal Red...I guess the paint job turned out alright...

Wish I had some pics of when I first got it...

Then I couldn't wait to get my new decals from @Vinylguy put on...

What do you horsemen think...and does that Onan sound okay ?

I know it's probably hard to tell from a video...

Took her out and let her run a bit...had to inspect the curbs and gutters in the neighborhood...

20210411_165457_HDR.jpg

20210411_165536.jpg

20210411_165525_HDR.jpg

20210411_165551_HDR.jpg

20210411_165601_HDR.jpg

You have done a magnificent job!

My 518H rebuild is powder coated and I had a lot of trouble getting the colour right...it ended up on the light side of ok. I'm still waiting for decals from a local supplier (over 12months now).

As for the sound of your Onan,....difficult to tell (as you say) from the video, but it sounds a little rattly and squeaky to me...in fact it is rather reminiscent of my C172 which has the manually disengageable drive belt tensioner. I'd try running it with the drive belt off and see how it sounds. By contrast, my 518H is beautifully smooth, with a noticeable whine from the hydro. Despite serious neglect by the PO, my Onan is in beautiful condition at only 360hrs...unfortunately my video of it busts my upload allocation or I'd upload (must get around to 'supporting'). Yes, I fitted the forward swept axle and power steering !

20210319_175141.jpg.d89c5005c39d4088f35dfb1fb4c006c3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Gregor

I got the rebuild kit for my K-181 (2) today. The correct Genny motor for this tractor. I have to take some parts to the machine shop in the morning. Hopefully, I will have it back together soon, and won't even worry about making this one fit. HOPEFULLY  I will put this one together correctly, the FIRST time.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

OldWorkHorse
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

You gotta get that girl out workin in the shop!!l

She doing the detail painting later?

She did come down today and "cleaned" the shop so that's a plus!

And yes just getting the major colors done then she's gonna start painting the panels while I finished the frame and smaller stuff. Shouldn't be much longer as long as it stops snowing (-_-)

• Like 1

rjg854
11 hours ago, D_Mac said:

I didn't buy it to fix it. I bought it for the deck. I do know my limitations. I also know that the tractor is worth repairing and not being taken apart for parts. If I wanted to fix it I would. A man also needs to know the facts before he tries to put someone down. 

sorry you took it that way :doh:

my humble apologies :hide:

Edited by rjg854
add
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 3

haydendavid380
14 hours ago, rjg854 said:

Not so much to the tractors themselves, but added some bling to the :wh:  barn

Those are pretty slick! 

rjg854

:wh:3D does a great job (shameless plug) they painted them, and wasn't that much really.  This 3D printing it some amazing stuff, to someone like me. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

D_Mac
19 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

sorry you took it that way :doh:

my humble apologies :hide:

Its all good Randy. I ordered a steering wheel cap and hood ornament from him. I should be getting them in the mail today. I said from the start that I made the purchase on the 875 because I wanted the deck and to use as a parts machine for my 857. Once I got it I realized that the tractor was to good to be taking parts off. I am still taking the deck for the 857. The 857 did not have a deck so I am happy to have one now. I cant keep both even if they both ran. So instead of me getting it running and then selling it, I would just sell it now. I am happy with my investment in everything. How much is a working mower deck worth alone? 

icm_fullxfull.334806568_mhc0amq0668wsckwg8sw.jpg

Gregor
24 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

. I cant keep both even if they both ran. So instead of me getting it running and then selling it, I would just sell it now. I am happy with my investment in everything.

If you weren't in NY, and me in IL. (and oh yaeh, my wife, maybe my wife) It would already be on a Fastenal truck.

Edited by Gregor
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

D_Mac
5 minutes ago, Gregor said:

If you weren't in NY, and me in IL. (and oh yaeh, my wife, maybe my wife) It would already be on a Fastenal truck.

I should be getting some things next week from Il. Ever hear of Lincoln Radiator and Power Equipment ? Believe to be out of business now. I seen another member who has their old sign hanging in his barn. Unlike the tractor, I think I over paid for this stuff but so cool had to have them. Stay tuned, once I have them in my hands I will show you.

Gregor

If you are talking about Lincoln IL, I made a 12 hour road trip there and back,  to buy a Lawn Boy, last fall.

• Like 1