Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Gregor

Would a shiny new black one do?

20210414_124803.jpg.266b0e09f11f2ef3434be7455767b35a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

D_Mac
38 minutes ago, Gregor said:

Would a shiny new black one do?

20210414_124803.jpg.266b0e09f11f2ef3434be7455767b35a.jpg

That would do nicely !!

krystolo
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Seems @krystolo Mrs @pullstart and my BBT would get along just fine....

I think we need t-shirts!

Wheel Mares?

Wheel Fillies?

😂

Edited by krystolo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, krystolo said:

I think we need t-shirts!

Wheel Mares?

Wheel Fillies?

😂

I'd buy one for sure!!

She'd get a wicked kick out of that.  

Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

Think of the people with cell phones please

I believe it's the ones with cell phones that have problems just quoting bits of text... at least that's what I've heard...  but yeah, no matter how pretty a machine is, when you've scrolled past ten pages of the same pics it gets a tad annoying!

THIS ----> image.png.47952efbe8ce82f7feefac7ea56fb0d1.png    by the way is how to do that.  Drag mouse across the bit of text you wish to quote, and hit the "Quote selection" button.  VOILA!  EASY PEASY!

It's so much easier ( maybe TOO easy! ) for them to just hit the "Quote" button. 

Maybe the forum software can "S-can" the pics when a message is quoted and just quote the text?  Is there a setting in the forum software for that?

OR, maybe the quote button can be modified to paste a LINK (as in the "Share" feature image.png.78c725a83413a9817df41f626ad66f4b.png) to the quoted message instead of the whole message?

OR, instead of a post in the forum that they may not read, target the offenders with a PM explaining how to use the forum correctly?

I know that cell phones don't have the "Snipping Tool" that WIN 10 has, but learning to use THAT is a HUGE time saver!  The image above of the "Quote selection" and the "Share this post" bit is done with Snipping Tool and takes about 2 seconds.

Lot's of ways to "skin a Horse" !

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 2

stevasaurus

Jeff, I don't know what the folks on cell phones have as options, but I can tell you this, none of the stuff on the previous page (419) had to be quoted at all.  On the other side, you bring up somethings to look in to.  :occasion-xmas:

Quite honestly, it is a pain in the butt for me, with a tower, to have to keep scrolling through all the BS that I just looked at the 1st time.  I don't need to keep seeing it over and over and over and over.  

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Jeff-C175
9 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

none of the stuff on the previous page (419) had to be quoted at all.

I think only one or two of the posts on that page re-quoted all of the images, but yeah,  especially for a simple "Me Too" reply!

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

stevasaurus

Jeff, you hit it on the head...quote the works and then say,  "me too".   That is exactly what I am talking about.  :angry-screaming:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

don't know what the folks on cell phones have as options

Hey Steve I'll give you an example in two screenshots below.

The first one is a shot of the email that I get which shows that somebody put a post on the thread.

The second picture is a screenshot of that exact post after I have entered into the website off of the email.

Note that I've changed nothing... but the type is substantially smaller in the second picture.

So small in fact, that me with my bear 🐻 sausage fingers has a hard time highlighting one small word.

Definitely agree with not posting the pictures over and over and on this device that's easy enough to do.

Screenshot_20210414-163820.png

Screenshot_20210414-163831.png

Pullstart

I don’t see much BS on the last page...  :confusion-shrug:  we were actually talking tractors for the most part :D

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

stevasaurus

Kevin, the BS is having to look at all the re-quoted posted pictures.  It looks like some of it has been cleaned up.  It's a waste of space and a waste of time scrolling.  I know there is a time to grab a picture to explain something, but to constantly re=post a post to death...that is what I am talking about.  Re-posting 30 pictures and then saying Nice Pictures is what this is about.  :confusion-confused:

• Like 4

stevasaurus

I would like to just say this...watching how we quote things and answer questions to members can make this a better site.  If you look at the thread we just had in "Site Suggestions" you will see what I mean.  

• Like 2

Gregor

Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, I just copy and paste the section I want.

• Sad 1

krystolo

So sorry! I didn’t know about the rule.

I was being lazy and just hitting “quote”.  Will do better. :happy-bouncycyan:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

krystolo

If you got tendinitis from too much scrolling, I can fix you up.😬

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

stevasaurus

@krystolo, see, you get it.  No big deal, nobody is really doing anything wrong.  It is about making a thread work and read better, in order to help those reading it.  If those that do this would go back and take a look and try to read a thread that they just kept quoting posts in, they would get it also.  Thanks. :occasion-xmas:

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

stevasaurus

Most threads do not have to be 5 pages...eliminate the re-posting of pictures and a thread can be 2 or 3 pages and accomplish a ton more by being less time to read.  Ask yourself, "Do I really need to quote all of that to say what I want??"  :confusion-confused:

• Like 4

DennisThornton
28 minutes ago, krystolo said:

So sorry! I didn’t know about the rule.

I was being lazy and just hitting “quote”.  Will do better. :happy-bouncycyan:

I was a member for a few months before I realized that I could delete some or all of the quoted pictures.  It just wasn't apparent to me until someone mentioned it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

johnnymag3

Wow.....sounds political to me......Thats what they are all crying about...right?    Republicans get spanked...Democrats do what they want....Cant we all just get along?

:text-thankyoublue:

edited in the same post by Stevasaurus

@johnnymag3 you obviously did not read up to this point.  If you had, you might realize that nobody did anything wrong.  Go back and re-read the thread...and keep politics out of this.   

Gregor

The 876 got new shoes today. No new wheels. I think I have spent my wheel budget for a while. Although, my wife hates this antique white color, sooooooooo..... I was hoping to get the new saddle today as well, but that didn't happen. I think it will be a surprise. I am trying to mount the K-181 #1 on it for now, but I am hitting a few road blocks. The correct motor in a Genny motor, this one has a typical starter. As you can see, the starter sort-a interferes with the battery box. I have my grand kids toy truck battery in it right now. I have no idea if it will spin the motor or not. It is 12v , 9.5Ah. Hopefully it will at least keep the motor running. It was magneto ignition, and I switched it to battery ignition. I have the coil mounted to the block.. Again, I don't know if tha'ts good or bad. Maybe it will transfer too much heat to the coil. The oil fill tube is much too high for the hood to fit I think. I would not be opposed to cutting it off though. I don't have the dash back from the media blaster yet either. :ranting: I still don't think I have my brake/drive linkage quite right yet. One more trip to the R & D department, and I think I'll have it working correctly. I also want to install a remote, vacuum operated fuel pump. Every time I hook up one of these K161, or 181, with the #16 carb, to an electric fuel pump, I get too much fuel being thrown at it, so I will try the pulse pump.

574148997_20210414_164530(2).thumb.jpg.9721311c60ae5fde26cc3c9b65abe0ea.jpg1651298969_20210414_164540(2).jpg.0d0d63347556a509f7d37c54cc9a46a0.jpg1712052712_20210414_164602(3).thumb.jpg.79e73d8ba9941de1633260581068410d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine

@Gregor

I'm no battery expert but I've seen those used for small engines before. 

The coil will be ok if there's decent air activity around it. They don't like getting too hot. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
57 minutes ago, krystolo said:

If you got tendinitis from too much scrolling, I can fix you up.😬

Are you gonna have a horse "massage" his hand?

:hide:

Have to admit Steve... You'd forget about the tendons fairly quick. 

• Haha 3

Jeff-C175
58 minutes ago, Gregor said:

I have no idea if it will spin the motor or not. It is 12v , 9.5Ah

I don't think you should even try it to be honest with you.  That battery is not designed for CRANKING AMPS!  You could well end up frying an expensive battery right quick.  If you PULL start it, it will certainly keep the engine running though.

• Like 3