Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Sparky
2 hours ago, Jhook said:

Any idea what model or anything? I have no idea what it is. Should i go buy it for 200 bucks? I have plenty of cash in the toy fund and wouldnt mind pushing snow with it. Just wNted to make sure its a genuine wheel horse lol

It’s a WH for sure...with plenty of custom (or homemade)parts. Like the hood, the belt guard, the exhaust etc. motor probably isn’t original to any Wheel Horse either. Not to mention that plow....def not a Wheel Horse plow.

I would hang onto my $200 and keep up the search for a plow machine 

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:     Having to leave the seat to angle the blade is enough to turn me off.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 2

rjg854

:text-yeahthat: that would be a BIG pain :angry-tappingfoot:

• Like 1

ebinmaine

@Jhook when I look at a machine that needs a ton of work or isn't running I imagine as a best case parts machine to be disassembled and parts sold individually. 

If you remove the parts that aren't Wheelhorse you're left with a frame, transmission and likely some steering stuff. 

Actual value?

I don't know.... It's not a  $200 tractor unless you can salvage $200 worth of parts from it. 

That's NOT a machine I'd use to plow here in Maine even on a light snow. 

Not being able to change the plow from the seat is well past practical. 

ebinmaine

@AMC RULES that hood looks absolutely spectacular. 

I agree that the decals have now been made "in need of replacement" by your excellent work. 

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Especially once that hood is polished back to it's original high luster. Ty Eric, nice of you to say.

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Especially once that hood is polished back to it's original high luster. Ty Eric, nice of you to say.

Yw mister. 

whtractors24

Also got these oem tires cleaned up and soaked in aerospace protectant !

D63EF9F9-5408-4652-9972-278F2F07AB03.jpeg

C95A7B1B-C2BC-4973-852E-94DB04977C21.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 6

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, Jhook said:

Scored

Now that was a great score!!!

• Like 4

AMC RULES

See there, W-H knowledge, not cash was king here!

• Like 4

Jhook

I think its a 502 model. From some quick research. Also thinking of putting a predator in it. The briggs in it now runs fine. Should be a fun project. I have my 315-8 for a real plow machine as well 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
Just now, Jhook said:

I think its a 502 model. From some quick research. Also thinking of putting a predator in it. The briggs in it now runs fine. Should be a fun project. I have my 315-8 for a real plow machine as well 

Predator have their place but I'm a fan of old iron. If the Briggs is good I'd run it. 

• Like 2

Jhook
13 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Predator have their place but I'm a fan of old iron. If the Briggs is good I'd run it. 

Briggs is good. Need a hood and belt cover at the least. Luckily it didn't start on scene so that helped knock the price down. Brought it to the nearest gas station and got it started before i got on the highway to go home😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

whtractors24

Can anyone picture @AMC RULES  cruisin’ on the machine  I’m finishing going through. If he’s lucky I’ll allow him a test drive 😉:deadhorse::text-offtopic:

AF4EF459-B5FB-4852-AEEE-B196B9B939A2.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

Tractorhead
9 hours ago, Jhook said:

Just would change the Hood itself

and reroute the Exhaust to fit a original hood.

keep the rest as it is, it‘s unique.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

@AMC RULES 

MAN !! Does that hood look good. 

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Far from being done...

but, it is getting there!

• Like 2

Jhook

She (the 62' as confirmed by a buddy) shall be called the franken-horse as @AMC RULES called it. Motor is out, it runs, needs carb work, and its pretty beat. I have a 212 anyways so i set it on there to see. If i do use it i will remove the predator gas tank and tuck the motor under the factory tank. 

20201019_184802.jpg

20201019_184757.jpg

20201019_184755.jpg

20201019_184644.jpg

• Like 8

8ntruck

I checked the oil and filled the gas tank.  Going to need to get more rec gas and Sea Foam later this  week.

Since the tractor was ready to go, the sun was out, and the leaves were reasonably dry, I went ahead and munched the leaves.  There are enough leaves on the ground now, that the best mulching method seems to be to make a pass in reverse, then run over them again in 2 low.

• Like 3

Jhook
38 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Added matching front shoes to the Good Friday 520 now both have OTR R1s on all 4 corners...

20201019_171223_HDR.jpg

20201019_171231_HDR.jpg

IMAG5470.jpg

Those tires are sweet, hub caps look awesome, i like everything about that machine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1