Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Redneckdavis

Built my new bumper last night. Reused some of the old one.  Painted today. Going to mount to tractor here directly

KIMG0519.JPG

KIMG0517.JPG

• Like 4

AMC RULES
34 minutes ago, peter lena said:

AMC RULES, just have to ask , what do you use for lubrication on that gear drive spindle ? 

I use grease, but don't be shy if you have a better suggestion Peter.

Redneckdavis

Done with bumper. Now waiting on fuel pump to come in. Finish fuel lines.

And to go buy battery, finish cables. 

KIMG0522.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

peter lena

AMC RULES ,I use and like LUCAS RED AND TACKY GREASE , 550 DROP POINT , excellent on deck spindles , another is the john deer corn cob grease , which will stay with tough gear driven units. stay after it , pete

• Like 2

AMC RULES
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

AMC RULES ,I use and like LUCAS RED AND TACKY GREASE , 550 DROP POINT , excellent on deck spindles , another is the john deer corn cob grease , which will stay with tough gear driven units. stay after it , pete

20200802_163523.jpg.97004237802cb3e0d6b5fe2a211c7722.jpgGreat minds think alike! Thanks Peter!

• Like 1

johnnymag3

L U C A S ....lifeblood

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

tom2p
7 hours ago, johnnymag3 said:

L U C A S ....lifeblood

1A110CA4-3CAA-4C69-B3CA-F38C73553700.jpeg

Edited by tom2p
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, JCM said:

Decided to take a break from wrenching and painting yesterday and replaced all 4 wheel bearings and polished up these 34 year old chrome rims for the 420.

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

They look fantastic Jim!

• Thanks 1

chip61

I'm thinking I may need to get a new belt for my deck soon. Also may want to repair my hydro leak.

My whole weekend went like this. First this belt went out cutting my son's very thick grass. Next, cutting my field the itension pulley bearings went out on the 416 deck. Got the C160 out and mounted another 48" deck on it and it worked fine til I hit a long stick buried in the tall grass and it forced the pto belt off the deck (luckily the belt wasn't damaged so I was able to reinstall and keep going). Hopefully I got all the breakdowns out of the way for a while!

20200801_134713.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

12Horse Paladin
11 hours ago, JCM said:

Decided to take a break from wrenching and painting yesterday and replaced all 4 wheel bearings and polished up these 34 year old chrome rims for the 420.

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

SHINY!

I LOOOOOOOVVVVEEEESSSS ME SOME SHINY!!😊😊👍🏼👍🏼❤❤

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

JCM

Time , patience  and plenty of elbow grease considering they are 34 years old they now are presentable.   :handgestures-thumbup:     @12Horse Paladin

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

rjg854

They look great, I would love a set of chrome rims for my 854 :banana-dreads:

• Like 1

12Horse Paladin
3 minutes ago, Blackhood Bill said:

Well I went and picked her up !!!!! Number 5 a 1982 workhorse, 1 owner with manuals to go with. 

IMG_20200803_163101694_HDR.jpg

FANTABULOUS!👍🏼👍🏼

• Haha 1

953 nut
10 hours ago, chip61 said:

First this belt went out cutting my son's very thick grass. Next, cutting my field the itension pulley bearings went out on the 416 deck. Got the C160 out and mounted another 48" deck on it and it worked fine til I hit a long stick buried in the tall grass and it forced the pto belt off the deck (luckily the belt wasn't damaged so I was able to reinstall and keep going).

Grass 3  -  @chip61 0             :ychain:                Seems like the grass was telling you to take the day off.              :laughing-rolling:

Edited by 953 nut
fat finger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Blackhood Bill

This one needs a good bath some polish, fix a hole in the deck, complete service even though oils look clear, new gas cap, and it will ready! When this model came out it was the one I really wanted, this was about the time I graduated high school. Now I have it and won’t take much to has some fun.

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

12Horse Paladin
1 hour ago, Blackhood Bill said:

This one needs a good bath some polish, fix a hole in the deck, complete service even though oils look clear, new gas cap, and it will ready! When this model came out it was the one I really wanted, this was about the time I graduated high school. Now I have it and won’t take much to has some fun.

Also

FANTABULOUS!👍🏼👍🏼

(Can you tell i really like the WorkHorse models for some reason, n am happy for any1 that finds one n feels same??? )

• Like 1

Blackhood Bill

@12Horse Paladin I really liked this model when it came out, not sure why? I guess the color scheme and the new sheet metal design is what got my attention. Really the only thing that could have made it better was to me is I wish it had the Kohler motor, but not not knowing it probably could have been an option to have the Kohler put in when it was new. I guess as I learn more about them and be able to learn ways to change things I suppose I could change it out when this engine blows up but with good maintenance that wont happen. IN the mean time I can enjoy it and have fun with it. I'm just so thankful I found:rs:there is so much knowledge here and the gang is so helpful when you need something you just have to ask. I can't thank each and all who have already helped enough. Great bunch of people here whom one day I will get to meet.

• Like 1

Redneckdavis

@Blackhood Bill

I'm pretty sure your interest had something to do with the super wide drag slick looking back tires hanging out. 

• Heart 1

peter lena

ed kennell,  what a concept , maintenance !  only thing i would have added was a penetrating oil spray down on the underside of the deck , that bone dry look , always screams ,LUBRICATE ME , to me , and i regularly do it, it stops rust , kills off the grunge , and most importantly , FEEDS THE METAL WITH LUBRICANT , PETE.  12 HORSE PALADIN , i can relate , its a disease with no cure, you see the opportunity to save another one , well done , let us know how its going , pete  

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

12Horse Paladin
8 hours ago, Blackhood Bill said:

@12Horse Paladin I really liked this model when it came out, not sure why? I guess the color scheme and the new sheet metal design is what got my attention. Really the only thing that could have made it better was to me is I wish it had the Kohler motor, but not not knowing it probably could have been an option to have the Kohler put in when it was new. I guess as I learn more about them and be able to learn ways to change things I suppose I could change it out when this engine blows up but with good maintenance that wont happen. IN the mean time I can enjoy it and have fun with it. I'm just so thankful I found:rs:there is so much knowledge here and the gang is so helpful when you need something you just have to ask. I can't thank each and all who have already helped enough. Great bunch of people here whom one day I will get to meet.

Quoted for truth.

Also this: 

Many of the reasons you stated is why i like them...the one i have has good sheetmetal, but the motor was/is nogo...like you think, itll be gettin a Kohler when its spot to be brought back is up.

Its next on the list, after i get my 160 squared away😉

20200530_183044.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1