Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

johnnymag3

Order has been placed....cant wait to treat the Horses to their own Dogtags !!!!

Thanks Ritchie !!!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

20200717_171329.jpg.7ad2fdf8c2ed660b19dd90c7c86ab46b.jpgChanged oil today, hooked up a deck, and mowed the front lawn with some awesome, 56 year old state of the art, 1964 technology!

Actually did an amazing job...

and had a blast doing it too!  :woohoo:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 5

johnnymag3

After a quick bite, Im going down to the workshop, make sure my bench is clear and clean. Time to work on my newly aquired M18

• Like 2

chip61

Looks great-I really like that tractor!!

Masterfixalot

Good evening to you all... Newbie owner of a 1971 GT-14, well, maybe a 70, not exactly sure about it. Any who, bought a place with 1.55 acres, 2/3’s grass, 1/3 gravel. The place came with a 2004 troybilt riding tractor, but it had issues. I told the wife I wanted something with some serious butt to it to do the things we want to get done around here. Found the Wheel Horse on CL and went and bought it, fell for it with the first ride. It’s had a few issues of its own since then, but fixing them as time goes. I welded up a 2 1/2 deep harrow to break up the gravel which had been growing weeds I think for yrs. Ripped through it like a yard rake through sand. It did so well, my neighbor asked when I got gravel placed in my yard, because he hadn’t seen a truck or heard any equipment. I’ll post some pics another time. My current issue is the outer bearing on the electric clutch started smoking and yellin like it was being killed. I shut her down and let it cool off before removing the clutch. Yup, outer bearing is shot, but I cant seem to find a number for the replacement. Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Tractorhead

@AMC RULES great vid‘s Craig.

what is the longest cut height you can do with that Deck?

i still wait for my 656 what is still on it‘s Way to my home.

• Like 1

19richie66
8 hours ago, Masterfixalot said:

Good evening to you all... Newbie owner of a 1971 GT-14, well, maybe a 70, not exactly sure about it. Any who, bought a place with 1.55 acres, 2/3’s grass, 1/3 gravel. The place came with a 2004 troybilt riding tractor, but it had issues. I told the wife I wanted something with some serious butt to it to do the things we want to get done around here. Found the Wheel Horse on CL and went and bought it, fell for it with the first ride. It’s had a few issues of its own since then, but fixing them as time goes. I welded up a 2 1/2 deep harrow to break up the gravel which had been growing weeds I think for yrs. Ripped through it like a yard rake through sand. It did so well, my neighbor asked when I got gravel placed in my yard, because he hadn’t seen a truck or heard any equipment. I’ll post some pics another time. My current issue is the outer bearing on the electric clutch started smoking and yellin like it was being killed. I shut her down and let it cool off before removing the clutch. Yup, outer bearing is shot, but I cant seem to find a number for the replacement. Any help would be appreciated.

Take a look here. Second page has some bearing numbers. Lot of good info and pictures.

• Like 4

953 nut
8 hours ago, Masterfixalot said:

fell for it with the first ride.

:WRS:

:text-yeahthat:     Riding on a GT-14 makes most other garden tractors feel like toys.   If the electric PTO can't be saved the PTO can be converted to a manual set-up. Start a new post and let us follow along on your experiance.

• Like 3

Jhook

Removed the deck for the first time with the attach-a-matic. What a great system had if off myself in 2 minutes after watching a quick youtube video on it although i could have figured it out. Didn't know it was this easy! Time to hook up the chinese (john deere) dump cart and move 4 yards of stone

20200718_140904.jpg

20200718_140851.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Guest 88vic

Using the C-141 for fence duty today. Yanking out fence posts and pulling trailer around to load the old fencing. Wheel Horse 4 Life !

20200718_150701.jpg

The Tuul Crib
On 7/17/2020 at 4:28 PM, AMC RULES said:

20200717_171329.jpg.7ad2fdf8c2ed660b19dd90c7c86ab46b.jpgChanged oil today, hooked up a deck, and mowed the front lawn with some awesome, 56 year old state of the art, 1964 technology!

Actually did an amazing job...

and had a blast doing it too!  :woohoo:

Excellent work !

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Jhook

She looks good on the truck. Trailer was loaded with about 9 cubic feet of stone. Around 8-900 pounds give or take. Pulled up a steep grade to the backyard in 2-hi no problem put about 3 hours on it today. 

20200718_193511.jpg

20200718_163700.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

Guest 88vic

The true horses have not been in production for awhile now. It's truly a testament, these tractors that are currently in use, ranging anywhere from 15-20 years old to 40-50 years old, working in the field, different chores and jobs. You just can't keep a good horse down. 

DBlackston
On 6/30/2020 at 9:33 PM, pullstart said:

Poppy the 552 rolling on the big treads!

064DCF80-53D0-4AAB-9138-9D2EF899085F.jpeg

36037A9F-5C8E-49E9-ADD7-8F2B05361804.jpeg

What are those tires and wheels!? 😮

On 7/4/2020 at 1:54 PM, AMC RULES said:

Rims got color corrected today.20200704_144551.jpg.6ba67612029c9ee032f7d60c0bd91254.jpg

FYI...antique white rims matter!  :greetings-clapyellow:

Chose that color for mine. Can't wait to see them mounted on a tractor.

20200712_171802.jpg.0ac686c616fc474b5400d433286c6c03.jpg

20200713_200328.jpg.61d174ad2b07107bd3c702726cb3d5f4.jpg

Today I have been working on spraying simple green on the parts I need to get a 704 roller going with an 8 speed so I can wash them tommorow.

20200717_201301.jpg.4b4dfd3f848b91d0ccaf06c464e01c04.jpg

• Like 6
  • Heart 1

8ntruck

Hot muggy day here.  Hooked the cart up and used the horse for tool carrying duty.  Had to move saw horses, and the usual variety of tools to repair and prepare dock sections for stain down to the lake house.

• Like 2

rjg854

Before it got too hot to work in the horse barn today, I replaced the lift cable in the 68 Commando 8. It's already 90 degrees and it's only 11am. Now I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the day. Going to be another warm week so I'm gonna cool it today.

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:

15 minutes in the magic W-H shed was all it took for me.

Head to toe, drenched in sweat...done for the day here too.

• Like 4

johnnymag3

Working in the garage, 102 in the sun here.....YIKES !!

about 74 in the garage....Going to do a full service on the 8 - speed for a member here, then going to tinker, clean ...assort more goodies to take pictures of to sell....need space for Wood Pellets, before you know it,  Winter will be here !!!  :confusion-confused: Where did Spring and Summer go ??? Also the 1275 is getting treated to its new toys bought from wonderful people here !!! Does anyone know if I really need the 2 half moon type clips that hold the PTO Clutch lining plate thats bolted to the crank ???

cleat

They hold the inner needle bearing race in place.

I would want them myself but you could likely run without them if need be for now.

Lee1977

With out the clips the race could move out into out side bearing.

It is possible that it could destroy both PTO bearings and the race. 

Did they wear out, or are they lost. 

If some one replaced the PTO disk with a later Toro model. The thickness of the steel disk and the grove on the race don't match and will wear out the clips

I made a metal spacer 3/64"  thick to put behind the Toro disk to line up with the grove. It's a pain to get all three pieces line up and the bolt in.

•  
Edited by Lee1977

lynnmor
9 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Pulled the Super C into the AIR CONDITIONED  shop for some love. Decided the wiring was POed and not up to my standards. Cut it all out and start from scratch. Got a switch pig tail and start from there. Sides wiring is about the only dang thing I am good at! :lol:

20200719_192446.jpg

Is that the BEFORE or the AFTER picture?   :scratchead:  :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

WHX??

During :)

• Haha 1