Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Pullstart
11 hours ago, Ro-Go said:

Added RV antifreeze as ballast to the new tires, front and rear. Got a transfer pump for $60 online, so tiny and cheap. Ugh. It worked, but the tires and tubes wanted to push the ballast back out; I did shut pump down 1/2 way to release air...but it still kept wanting to push out of the valve -- was there something I did wrong? 

IMG_7618.jpg

4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

@pullstart could explain how he set one up... 

I pushed the fluid right through the normal Schroeder valve, with the core in place.  I have a portable air tank and removed the air outlet fitting and used a funnel to fill the tank with fluid.  After reinstalling the outlet stuff, I charged it with 20-ish psi of air.  Be careful to not over charge it, the water doesn’t compress very easy!  

Tip the tire up on a 45 degree or so angle, so the valve stem is high as you can get it.  Tip the charged and full air tank upside down and proceed to fill the tire like normal.  You may need to put some more air in occasionally but it forces the fluid right through.

• Like 3

squonk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Achto
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 5:55 PM, johnnymag3 said:

I need to learn this talent of welding....PREP   PREP    PREP

Dang chicken poop welds.....I never seem to get it right !!!

"Grinder & paint makes me the welder I ain't" :lol:

Edited by Achto
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

pfrederi
23 minutes ago, Achto said:

"Grinder & paint can makes me the welder I ain't" :lol:

I go through grinding disks faster than weld sticks....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Stormin

Had another go at trying to improve the C-125's starting and running. Removed the carb' and the mixture screws along with the float bowl. Bowl was very clean with just one tiny speck of dirt. Blew out the passage ways with the airline and checked the face for flatness. Holes in main jet needle all check for being clear.

Reassembled  and stared up. After warming up adjusted the mixtures. Seems to start better and runs smoother, picking up without any hesitation on opening the throttle.  Idle still a bit faster than I would like, but I can live with it.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 6

squonk
51 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Was finishing up mowing yesterday C141 started to die like she was out of gas.  Headed back to shop the thene engne started to race  Throttle had no effect.  Pulled some choke that slowed it down limped in to the shop.  Lost the E clip that holds the governor arm to Carb linkages....  Nice to have an easy fix once and awhile and a failure near the workshop...

IMG_0076.JPG

That reminds me of when the carb fell apart on my 701 at our steam show and it was like 2 miles back to my canopy and tools. Good thing the tractor was light! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

echris
On 7/15/2020 at 11:52 AM, pfrederi said:

Was finishing up mowing yesterday C141 started to die like she was out of gas.  Headed back to shop the thene engne started to race  Throttle had no effect.  Pulled some choke that slowed it down limped in to the shop.  Lost the E clip that holds the governor arm to Carb linkages....  Nice to have an easy fix once and awhile and a failure near the workshop...

IMG_0076.JPG

Best kind of fix. Simple.

And if you don't have the correct clip a piece of ~18g copper wire wrapped around the groove and twisted a few turns will do the trick!

Edited by echris
  • Like 3

echris

I mowed today for the first time in a few weeks. Not much growing with the heat. (except weeds)

Remember my broken shifter retaining set screw that I was going to drill out this winter? No need.

I took about 2 passes across the front yard, switched gears and she wouldn't move. Of course, first thing I do is lean to the right and look for bits of drive belt. :lol:

Go to shift back to 2nd from R, oops... Shifter is all wobbly. ;) 

The set screw worked itself out. Problem solved. Or it will be when my Flea-spray order shows up.

I was able to get it back into 2nd and finish the job. No backing up, DO NOT try to shift. heh.

• Like 6

WHX??

You ain't doing a very good job being busy not to be busy Ritchie! Tell ya right now guys are gonna be pestering you with orders! 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

19richie66
1 minute ago, Ed Kennell said:

First there was @wallfish tooth pick art, then @Dan.gerous swizzle stick art, now we have @19richie66 tig art.     What a bunch of talented artists.

Thanks Ed but that’s all my son’s handywork with the tig torch. I cut, scribed it out and he zapped it. 

6 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Tell ya right now guys are gonna be pestering you with orders! 

My son said bring it on!

• Like 7

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  Got me thinking...

some custom W-H signage here. :woohoo:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66
4 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes:  Got me thinking...

some custom W-H signage here. :woohoo:

It’s been on my mind for a while. Got three designs already thought out. Hit me with an idea and we’ll see if it can happen

• Like 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

Thanks Ed but that’s all my son’s handywork with the tig torch. I cut, scribed it out and he zapped it. 

My son said bring it on!

He is good Ritchie those beads look very uniform. 

• Like 1

19richie66
2 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

He is good Ritchie those beads look very uniform. 

Thanks Jim! He does this 10 hours a day making ski towers for high end ski boats. Definitely gets more practice than me. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 5

AMC RULES
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

It’s been on my mind for a while. Got three designs already thought out. Hit me with an idea and we’ll see if it can happen

Maybe something with the words WHEEL-HORSE and the horse head logo...LOL! 

• Haha 2

19richie66

Well that’s one of my ideas.....:laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

johnnymag3

I have 5 plates I need to be done......Eddie, Snap, Covid, 19,  JBOY

Group shot 5 Wheel Horse.jpg

Edited by johnnymag3
  • Like 2

johnnymag3

PM me....Thanks, John

Cost....etc....