Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

19richie66
1 hour ago, Herder said:

We've got a bone in pork butt in the crockpot right now and after its 10hr slow cook it will get shredded up for pulled pork.  NO FEET!!! 

Sweet👍

• Like 1

Herder
32 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

If you were a hair closer I'd be on my way...

I wish you were closer.  Sure we would get along just fine, except for the whole not caring for close neighbors thing we share.  If you and the wife leave now there will be some left for lunch tomorrow.  Bring a trailer too. 

• Haha 2
  • Heart 1

Herder
2 hours ago, pfrederi said:

What are pennies made from these days???:P

I hate to ask but after seeing you fight this thing for so long I am wondering if it's better to just put it back together with the hub in place on the axle. Is the hub usable or do you need to replace it.  

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

60° weather today so thought I would take the 414 out for a cruise. Drove up and down the street and around the property. Was just a little muddy but I was able to dodge the mud puddles and keep her clean!

94D7B46B-F3FB-41D4-9443-D39091274A5C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

pfrederi
16 hours ago, Herder said:

I hate to ask but after seeing you fight this thing for so long I am wondering if it's better to just put it back together with the hub in place on the axle. Is the hub usable or do you need to replace it.  

I have had some similar thoughts hub is in good shape....

peter lena

the tool crib, looks like you are in the need of , https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_seats+agri-fab+concentric, i have 3 of these they have the exact w/h bolt pattern , another thing is that  northern has free shipping over 49 $ with on site coding ! , just saying , pete

balconio
On 1/17/2020 at 10:53 PM, balconio said:

From what I gather 26" would require the fender to be raised and also the foot rest tins moved forward a bit. How about width? I have my eyes on ITP mud lite xl tires and they have 25x10-12, 26x9-12, and 26x10-12 among other sizes. I'm thinking that last one should work, given the stock turf tires are 22x9.50-12. I'm hoping at low psi the 26" ATV tires stand a little shorter and are closer to true 25"

I started looking deeper into ATV tires, and realized they're woefully lacking in load capacity. I'm now looking into 25x10-12 golf cart tires since I'd like more than 420lb capacity per tire. The ones I'm looking at now are 1600lb per tire at 22psi which seems more inline with what a horse should be equipped with. 

ATV tires up front were even a worse proposition at 220lb rating per side...

https://www.sunf.com/collections/golf-cart-tires/products/sunf-g003-tires

• Like 1

pfrederi

Yesterday afternoon roasted it at 325 degrees for 45 minutes then plunged it back into the ATF/Acetone mix.  Acetone boiled pretty good .  Left it to cool then put it out in the snow this morning.  Set it up in a vice with some aluminum under the axle splines and wailed away with a sledge (Pic 1).  Nada.  Back into the press still nada. Left it under pressure in the press and got out the torch set.  heated it in the press till I just about ran out of gas. Still under pressure grabbed a ball peen hammer and wailed away at the side of the hub then a small snap sound and it had moved . I was pulling so hard on the press handle i had bent it had to use a tire iron and hang on it but i moved.  It fought all the way out.

The heating set all the residual ATF on fire and it got smokey.  Didn't particularly love the smell but to paraphrase LTC Kilgore (aka Robert Duvall) it smelled like VICTORY!!!!!

IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

• Excellent 9

Ed Kennell

Image result for free at last pics

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Shed

Awesome glad to see that happen for you:tools-hammerdrill: that was really on there 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

@balconio. @Sparky Mike runs something similar to those. I seem to remember he likes them.

@pfrederi

AWESOME.

Just excellent.

Victory.

Tractorhead

Congrats to your Victory after a long hard fight,

what can be more satisfied.

👍

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Dropped some black muck out of Trina's 867 and put 10w-30 in its place.

IMG_20200119_152449383.jpg.f10ae10d2f09c0c16758b3c4ecd5b600.jpg

SylvanLakeWH

Replaced a seat bolt that went missing during the plowing spree yesterday... Found the round black spacer sitting on the fender pan but the bolt was long gone...

I thought something was a bit “off” while plowing... my left “cheek” seemed lower ... and indeed it was!!!:ROTF:

And before you ask, no there will not be any pics of my off kilter “seat”...! :no:

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
18 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Image result for free at last pics

How fitting.

Happy MLK Day Y’all.  Here’s to equality no matter your color or what you look like :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, pullstart said:

How fitting.

Happy MLK Day Y’all.  Here’s to equality no matter your color or what you look like :handgestures-thumbupright:

Equality and freedom for all!!

Even this ugly 🐻. ((bear))...

:lol:

Edited by ebinmaine
Spell check correct
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

:eusa-doh:Uh oh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

pfrederi

One last fight...The woodruff key did not want to leave its home. Had to use the dremel cut off wheel to slit it then chisel to collapse the sides a bit.

IMG_0263.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Oh whow,

that looks it was grown together.

no wonder, you had such a fight to remove the Hub..

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Mowed up the last of the Fall leaves in the front yard today!  Going to rain, snow and sleet the next four or five days according to the big storm weather reports so last good day to do this job without being in a muddy mess!

plus I got the trailer out for a Saturday trip to round up some more round hoods! More What’s in My Rearview Mirror   Pics will come on Saturday !

A5DF24A6-FE97-4F3E-AEAF-4696E9D8D02D.jpeg

0B9F714C-E272-45CE-A43F-B9CF27FCC3DA.jpeg

Edited by Lane Ranger
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 3

Tractorhead

Nice gadget the front hook.

no bad idea for easy directing a trailer into small places or edges

• Excellent 1

Lane Ranger
2 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

Nice gadget the front hook.

no bad idea for easy directing a trailer into small places or edges

Yes  I bought on Ebay.  Guy making them makes them so you can place the mule drive on and keep the front hitch attached at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Tractorhead

Good idea, definitely

• Like 1

WHX??

Ya know Billy we don't particularly approve of hydros for plowing but with that rear end setup it would be interesting to drop a 12 on the back of that rig at my plow day just to see where the bear crapped in the buckwheat! Maybe just to see if we could light up the hi temp hydro light!  Geez thinkin like a redneck now ... :lol:

• Haha 5