Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, MikMacMike said:

For now Ill prob just leave it bolted to the frame. About the dual foot peddles, once I get the beast running and any bugs Ill be looking at switching over to dual peddles. I saw in the classifieds someone was fabricating the right hand peddles but Id rather have a cast peddle to match the left. I wonder who would have one? This winter and in between snows I will be starting to build a cab. Built out of sheet metal. Fully surrounding the leg and foot areas right on to the back of the cab area.

Hmmmm I wonder whod have a cast peddle? I need it temporarily installed to get measurements for clearance.

I'd be happy to take whatever measurements you need on my own tractors.

There are quite a few of us that probably have one of those laying around that we would part with.

I could check my stock but it's buried with snow right now.

One of our vendors. A to z tractor. He could sell you one.

But let me know what you need for measurements.....

pfrederi
1 hour ago, MikMacMike said:

Most definately, the left side will have one also for adjusting clutch brake. Hmmmm reminds me, down the road I have to ask you about what you said pertaining to separate peddles for clutch n brake. Also on the right side to access the drive belt. How I wanted to ask, I have the Kseries 301, Im sure it has the deep oil pan and I think they came with a shallow and a deep??? Why Im asking is Ive seen pics of a flat motor mount that has the sides raised to which the rubber motor mounts bolt to. I need to know how much higher this puts the engine, or does everyone just mount there motors to the frame like mine is?

If you want to use a shallow pan engine, the type used in isolation mount  (rubber pads) you will need some spacers if you want to bolt directly to the frame.

3/4" lift is needed.  I used the spacers from a C81 (1/2") plus 3 SAE washers.

IMG_0353.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart

@MikMacMike the shaker plates were an idea to isolate engine vibrations from the rest of the tractor.  It didn’t help and mostly created other issues.  Most people making improvements to their tractors with shakers involve either eliminating the rubber isolators or going back to a solid mounted pan.  

• Excellent 1

19richie66

Well that ain’t gonna work :laughing-rolling:

AE8EAE6F-6EB2-43CD-B220-6841BCA86BEA.jpeg

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 8

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Well that ain’t gonna work :laughing-rolling:

AE8EAE6F-6EB2-43CD-B220-6841BCA86BEA.jpeg

No no no no

Get back out in the workshop....

Just a little more spray paint.

It'll be fine...

• Haha 5

pfrederi
1 hour ago, Thegearhead0324 said:

Used my ol 1257 to plow my driveway and yard third time this season. Makes it real enjoyable ridin the ol girl, definitely faster than my little snowblower.

20191206_154853.jpg

20191206_154832.jpg

Like the back up lights... cool

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

Some light wrenching on the WHrat WHrecker in the garage today with the twin nephews...

CE911C87-7833-4DC2-B341-12DE911EED48.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Heart 5

Thegearhead0324
18 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Like the back up lights... cool

Thanks, yea they light up the whole back end at night, easier to see backing up. Still got original WH tires, next year they'll need replacing.

8ntruck
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

No no no no

Get back out in the workshop....

Just a little more spray paint.

It'll be fine...

I agree.  Back to the shop.  Looks like you have good start with good tires & wheels, a diesel and a cup holder!  You got to make it work.

Probably should contact PULLSTART for instruction in the creative use of angle grinders and torches.:D

• Haha 1

MikMacMike
10 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I'd be happy to take whatever measurements you need on my own tractors.

There are quite a few of us that probably have one of those laying around that we would part with.

I could check my stock but it's buried with snow right now.

One of our vendors. A to z tractor. He could sell you one.

But let me know what you need for measurements.....

Thanks Ebinmaine. As soon I get the rest of this sheetmetal over the drive belt Ill be definately be looking at measurements for the right side foot pedal. Ive gotten the magority of the bends made to it today. I might not be working on Big Red this wknd though....Ins co wants pictures of my oil furnace in the shop and I need to finish up the firewall and probably make a bit of a refector for the heat. I just got finished now in the shop and I forgot the camera out there so no pics tonight sorry....Im so beat Im skipping dinner and right off to bed LOL. Such a notie boy LOL.

MikMacMike
10 hours ago, pfrederi said:

If you want to use a shallow pan engine, the type used in isolation mount  (rubber pads) you will need some spacers if you want to bolt directly to the frame.

3/4" lift is needed.  I used the spacers from a C81 (1/2") plus 3 SAE washers.

IMG_0353.JPG

• Like 1

MikMacMike

Hmmmmm definately a nice clean setup....I took a screen shot of your setup and filed it under Engine mounts thanks pfrederi.

MikMacMike
8 hours ago, pullstart said:

@MikMacMike the shaker plates were an idea to isolate engine vibrations from the rest of the tractor.  It didn’t help and mostly created other issues.  Most people making improvements to their tractors with shakers involve either eliminating the rubber isolators or going back to a solid mounted pan.  

Oh no kidding, what were some of the complications with shaker plates pullstart?

Pullstart
22 minutes ago, MikMacMike said:

Oh no kidding, what were some of the complications with shaker plates pullstart?

Well...

The isolation idea didn’t work long term.  I’ve driven @Achto‘s shaker plate black hood... it shakes worse than a non isolated machine but it’s still a fun ride! :D

Additionally, the PTO lever is solid mounted on the dash, but the engine moves enough to wreak havoc on the PTO engagement.

• Like 3

Achto
6 hours ago, pullstart said:

I’ve driven @Achto‘s shaker plate black hood... it shakes worse than a non isolated machine

When it comes time to rehabilitate that horse the isolators will be coming out. The rubber mounts may have been a good idea when they were new but they definitely don't stand the test of time. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

MikMacMike

Thanks boys and duely noted, I did see one WH on you tube and yes I see what you mean....at the top of the engine ( the head area) I saw how much the shacking was. Wow like 1/4" each way. Yes I think Ill just use a 3/8" or more then likely a 1/2" plate and mount it solid.....then I can stay with the larger size oil pan too.

MikMacMike

Well today Big Red is going to feel ignored while I work on the shop furnace....sheeeesh, between Ins companies, banks, government bull crap and the corperate controling of us sheeple I think my next peice of land will be so far back in the bush even the devel wont know Im there....so tired of the bull. Oh well I think Big Red will excusse me....hehehehe

• Like 1

ebinmaine
28 minutes ago, MikMacMike said:

next peice of land will be so far back in the bush

Trina and I are right there with ya...

We'd love to be set into a 50 or 100 acre forest.

I picked up a group 51r battery to see if it'll stuff into the Cinnamon Horse.

Used Interstate brand. 650 CA. 500 CCA.

That otta spin the little sucker....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

That big Bruin I’ve got.... only has a hand crank!  You’ve got 649 more CA’s than me!  

• Haha 2

Macwrench

New 9 pin molex, ignition switch and harness, fuel pump rebuilt.

Just for reference, this mower sat for at least 3-4 years.  I cleaned the spark plug, fixed some wiring, added a clutch spring, and fired it up.  No carb cleaning or anything.  It's crazy!  Next is fluid changing (didn't want to do that until I knew it would run right).

• Like 6

8ntruck
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

We have a similar project going.  We bought 20 acres of woods about a year ago.  Making plans to start building in the not too distant future.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Ed Kennell
18 hours ago, MikMacMike said:

The shaker plate added cost and there is evidence that it actually increased the vibration.

Allowing the engine to move front to back  also increased the cycling load on the transaxle and mower deck drive belts probably decreasing the life of the belts.  :twocents-mytwocents:

• Like 3

peter lena

LEE1977, been using heim joints on my horses for years now, steering joints , clutch lunkage, pto lever to engine , get them on ebay for about $ 7  each, i use both the male and female type depending where its going , found them to be bombproof and very smooth, easily worth the swap. its a 3/8 x 24 thread , that you can easily go over the 3/8 x 16 thread with a die nut , making the addition simple.  pete

• Like 2

8ntruck

I took the new air filter and pre-filter I picked up the other day out to the shed where the tractor supplies are stored to find there was already a new filter on the shelf.  Forgot I had one in stock.

Since the horse is going to go dormant for a while this winter, I pulled the battery, put it on the charger for a couple of hours, then put it in the basement.

19richie66 - what chassis did you use in your mock up with your diesel engine?  That grill looks like it might be for a 1054.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1