Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Shynon

Clamps made and bolted on, little paint and a tire.

20190928_162849.jpg

20190928_163512.jpg

20190928_163518.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 6

ebinmaine

Awesome work there @Shynon tom

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine

My honey and I had a great day of yard puttering and organizing.

She spent a lot of today disassembling, sanding, and repainting the wood stove that we will be putting upstairs.

I'll post a couple pics of that in another section.

I did a bunch of organizing. Cleared out a spot in the forest next to the parts and project tractors for some pallets so I can lay my parts assortment out in a much more organized and protected manner.

I still have a few things to put out there but for the most part everything is in its place and just waiting to be covered.

IMG_20190928_165956015.jpg.7249397e807a9efce864cc34159b0175.jpg

IMG_20190928_170006879.jpg.c9e99ab83002e044af34d54613beae1d.jpg

I also took a little while and messed around with the idler pulley on the Cinnamon Horse.

I tried installing a cast-iron idler and I wasn't super pleased with the way the belt set on it. It was high in the groove... so I took it back off.

I managed to remove the dust seal from the bearing in the existing idler and I sprayed it out with brake clean and then put dry lube in there. Ordered a new part but this one should be okay for a little while more.

IMG_20190928_111023261_HDR.jpg.f56ddf37525aae081d4611a7ac7b4554.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

squonk

Been smelling gas in the garage for a week. Didn't see any stains on the concrete or puddles. This morning I opened the overhead door and could smell it from 100 ft. away. Found the leak in the C-160 gas tank. Thought it was a bad grommet but turned into a seam leak. I still had a tank off of a parts tractor in my basement. Been there for about 8 yrs.

• Like 4

ericj
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Been there for about 8 yrs

And the anti hoarders say if you ain't used it in a year get rid of it :hide: RIGHT , this is why I, we never get rid of anything, at least tractor related :ROTF:

eric j

• Like 3

ebinmaine
10 hours ago, ericj said:

And the anti hoarders say if you ain't used it in a year get rid of it :hide: RIGHT , this is why I, we never get rid of anything, at least tractor related :ROTF:

eric j

Extra food?

Stock of household supplies?

Family heirlooms?

:no:

Tractor stuff..... That's where it's at.

:ROTF:

• Like 1

Pullstart
On 9/28/2019 at 2:45 AM, PeacemakerJack said:

:text-goodpost: Plow Day is coming up soon...between you, Kevin, and Jim posting your prep work makes me even more excited about turning earth. Do you got your lights working on that thing for night plowing?

I hope I have time to accomplish everything I need to get done before the 18th!  Currently Hot Wheels isn’t charging.  Between Richard and I talking, checking my fuses is in order and I’ll have a spare regulator on hand when I get home.

• Like 2

adsm08
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

I hope I have time to accomplish everything I need to get done before the 18th!  Currently Hot Wheels isn’t charging.  Between Richard and I talking, checking my fuses is in order and I’ll have a spare regulator on hand when I get home.

Must be something in the water. You have one down, I have one confirmed down and another questionable, and there is at least one other thread from this week about charging issues.

Lee1977
18 hours ago, ericj said:

eric j

• Confused 1

oldredrider

Put air in my tires today. Only 3 of them needed air. Wore me out. Dang! These thing are HIGH MAINTENANCE!!!

• Haha 7

WHX??

I got some extra tires @Shynon you need some rubber Tom. 

• Haha 2

Burnerman

My new wheel bearings showed up today. 👍 I was very pleasantly surprised by the fact they’re super beefy compared to the ones it my front rims. But even happier to see they’re made in USA about 40 min away. 

image.jpg

102B8885-B698-42AE-9D4F-6FE35B43C163.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

adsm08

I took the starter to work and tore it down. Confused most of my younger co-workers.

I can't get the big screws that hold the field coils to the sides of the case out though. I'm gonna keep spraying and beating them until Saturday, but does anyone know a source for replacements if I have to destroy them?

Edited by adsm08

Lee1977

I ordered a new belt and clutch spring last Saturday  It came today so in install them. The spring was broken when I got 5 years ago and had a 1/2" vee belt.I did a better job on fixing the spring and used the belt. It got to wanted to jump 3 or 4 time when starting off. I changed to an old drive belt I had and it was better going forward but still jumped in reverse. So the new belt and spring.

SAM-1064.jpg

SAM-1065.jpg

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 5

Pullstart
On 9/29/2019 at 12:31 PM, pullstart said:

Well, my charging issue is fixed!  It’s always great to find that I am the cause of the problem!  :ROTF:

Back when I tidied up the wiring, I pulled the regulator wire too tight and it hopped off the key switch!  Easy peasy!

• Like 6
  • Heart 1

wallfish
2 hours ago, Sparky said:

Swapped to the fatties on my cruiser for this weekends tractor/machinery show.

Your girl friends are gonna be riding on the back?

Oh sorry, didn't look at the pics.

• Haha 7

WHX??

Got a heavy date Sparkeye?  :lol:

• Haha 3

Sparky
9 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Got a heavy date Sparkeye?  :lol:

Yes I do!

Gruesome wallflower, goes by the name  @wallfish....its a pity date of course :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Pullstart

I like said fatties @Sparky!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??

Lol Sparky... I would make him pay on said date!

Those tires look to be similar to the  ones on my plow tractor and they do run wide for just 10.50's

20180115_165333.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

:eusa-hand:    :clap:

:hilarious:

3 hours ago, Sparky said:

pity date 

• Haha 3

AMC RULES

:hilarious:

With a fish!

• Haha 1

D_Mac

Finished putting the gear box back together and installing it all back under the little RR-65. After that decided to pull the carb off for a good cleaning and replace the fuel lines that were hard as a rock. The thing hasnt been worked on in 50 years. Ordered the carb kit and have the rest of it soaking in the cleaner. Keeping my fingers crossed that I got the transmission all back together right. Find out when I get the carb installed

20190917_165858.jpg

20191003_153144.jpg

20191003_175326.jpg

20181005_182446_resized.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 7
  • Thanks 1