Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

AMC RULES

So, why not clock the recoil one bolt hole to the left...

locating the handle down low, where the X is?   :scratchead:Inked1102525659_500Special0725191.JPG.3236ea865f25d30aebdbc805b16a8f05_LI.jpg.686ccd292f3249d4c6cabfdf56724fb8.jpg

:confusion-shrug:  Wouldn't it be less strain Bob, to just start it from a standing position in front of the tractor instead? 

• Like 2

Racinbob

That's an option Craig. No real reason but I've never cared for pulling the rope from the front. Hopefully I'll get her finished up this coming week and I may find that it's fine as is. All my Kohler small blocks through the years have started with just a hint of rotation so hopefully this one will be the same. :)

squonk

Leave it in gear and start it from the front. Hop on as it's buzzin by!  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

peter lena

GOLDANN 520, your second picture tells it all , you are using the wrong pulley on top location, notice that the lower pulley cradles the belt ? you are using a flat idler pulley  on top where you should be using the deep grove type. that lack of top solid drive belt flow is sending a  bouncing belt to the next pulley, giving you the problem . match up the physical size of the flat pulley and replace it with a deep grove one , like the lower back pulley. those belt drive systems are pretty bombproof, problems occur with cracked/ worn belts , bearings shot in pulleys and lack of lubrication on all movement on all movement points. this is a simple fix , pete

Wheelhorse Wes

Finally back working on MY 500 special.

got the carburetor on, I did a quick wire job just to make it turn over. Hooked up my little test gas tank put the battery in it and fired right up....removed the gas tank and wires. Installed the seat/fender pan, installed the brake band,brake rod, pedal and foot rests on. Forgot to paint the engine pulley so got that done......then it was off to work for overtime....tomorrow is another day....plans are to restore the 603 next.

Edited by Wheelhorse Wes
  • Like 3

ohiofarmer

Bought an engine for the raider10, which was my main working tractor. Now running the c141 with a 12 horse, but the Raider10 has a better deck for the ditches. Pumped about the engine. It's a starter/generator set up.

I love this modified harbor freight high position motorcycle lift. Add the wheels and perfect for jobs that require a strong  back. Rated for 1100, but I keep it at 750. Lifts to 30 inches and lifts quickly compared to most others. I have had a Gold Wing on it for a rebuild, so don't put down Hft

IMG_20190727_153511.jpg

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 7

rjg854

I've been tinkering with a couple of bugs in that 877 I bought at the Big Show. I'm pretty sure they are all taken care of,  now. All that's left now is to get the wheels cleaned up and painted.  I wire wheeled the :wh: weights and primed them, just not sure yet what color to paint them.

20190728_163027.jpg.def1adb3347f45be041e7799a5de9d9f.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Gonna do up a set antique white one of these days.  :thumbs:

• Like 2

rjg854

I'm leaning that way myself.  I've got some red ones, and a set of fronts that are black and don't care to much for them. So maybe when I paint the wheels, I'll do the weights.  I can always change them if I don't like it.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

1 hour ago, rjg854 said:

I'm leaning that way myself

Been thinking the same thing.

The set of bolens weights that rides around on the Cinnamon Horse needs a repaint something awful.

Wheelhorse Wes

Was back working on the 500 special again. Got the gas tank and straps and gas line installed. Hood and latch installed. Manual lift lever installed. Engine pulley , belt and belt guard installed. Found out that the dash decal is actually a 3 piece decal that doesn’t cover the entire dash plate , so wire wheeled the shiny red paint off it, primed it and now it’s silver. The only thing left to do is get the rear rims sand blasted, and my tires installed and then paint them white....then of course put a battery in top er up with gas and go cruising....well it is a “tecky” as you guys on here call it so probably a few cuss words later then I’ll be cruising lol lol lol

ive got my shopping cart of decals for it as well waiting on line ......wife puts the decals on all my tractors. She has a talent 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ohiofarmer
6 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

I painted a bunch lAst summer

Rust-Oleum linen white is close to most of the wheels, but a couple of sets matched their almond color. The inside of the wheels is where I looked for the factory colors

So I think paint them how it suits you

Take a rear axle off an MTD or something and set it on end. Then paint the wheels by spinning it. Great results almost a guarantee. I just left the tires on mine and set the wheels on top

🤗 🤣

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 2

Pullstart
6 hours ago, Bear G said:

Got my show cruiser back together and ready to do some cruisin’...

I put the horn on it that I got from David Brown at the Portage, Wisc Show.

I'm ready to race @prondzy and honk at his dad when I cross the finish line in 1st place.. lol

A296B026-DF20-49F7-84E3-C67312192B3C.jpeg

Looks Dandy, Bear!  And we all know that @Shynon loves the horn!  And trains!  Ahh how I don’t miss a train!  Or mosquitoes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

pfrederi

Got the 753 (8 spd) running today.  She hadn't been started in 2 years.  12 yr old battery was toast.  Jumped her and she would run on carb cleaner but wasn't getting gas.  Replaced fuel lines and took fuel pump apart filled with yellow crumbs.  Cleaned it out and with a new battery she is ready to work...except it just started to rain...

IMG_0098.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 7

peter lena

GOLDANN 520, your second picture tells it all , you are using the wrong pulley on top location, notice that the lower pulley cradles the belt ? you are using a flat idler pulley  on top where you should be using the deep grove type. that lack of top solid drive belt flow is sending a  bouncing belt to the next pulley, giving you the problem . match up the physical size of the flat pulley and replace it with a deep grove one , like the lower back pulley. those belt drive systems are pretty bombproof, problems occur with cracked/ worn belts , bearings shot in pulleys and lack of lubrication on all movement on all movement points. this is a simple fix , pete

peter lena

BEAR G , what are you running for power on that rig ? pete

Pullstart

My day pretty much was shot today from this, that and two other things coming up, so I haven’t touched the table base oroject.  Being that the day’s pretty much over, why start on it now?  The fuel pump rebuild kit for the Briggs twin came this weekend, so I headed to the GT-1600 with my toes and fingers crossed with hope to get it running.

Good news... it cuts in the tall field grass VERY well!  I even was able to come up on some turkey and other feathered fowl.

Bad news... I have little to no extra power, more smoke than I hoped for, and only one warm cylinder.  I should check compression, but my guess is that a rod is broken.

All in all, I still wrangled some seat time, feel like I made a good purchase but not a great one, saw some new life on my property and the grass got watered for a while!  Not a terrible day, in my book.

Yes @Ed Kennell @WVHillbilly520H, the path happens to pass right under my tree stand and hope to gain some more “hanging weight” in the barn this fall!  “Grunt, bleat, grunt”

45B9337C-0255-4571-825D-D700514D13A2.jpeg

5268D896-ECDE-4ADE-AA64-44BEC763E3DE.jpeg

6566744B-0678-4716-836D-2C9DEDE788E2.jpeg

803A467D-7394-4ACE-A193-AD5A41B4FC55.jpeg

3CF53E75-357C-4B58-8D5B-4DC4DE92DD1F.jpeg

454544F6-2D9B-4879-8B42-747AF5E00D07.jpeg

1424BD00-CD39-4B42-839C-3FE9BD6D2D0F.jpeg

E7554DC0-2B12-4436-9C96-40F46CF18617.jpeg

• Like 8

Bear G
6 hours ago, peter lena said:

BEAR G , what are you running for power on that rig ? pete

Just 8hp Kohler. Pulley ‘d up though.

• Like 1

WHX??
13 hours ago, pullstart said:

@ShynonAhh how I don’t miss a train!  Or mosquitoes!

Sallies! :ychain:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Racinbob

I've been sorta looking for another set of wheel weights and actually wanted the type that protrudes outside of the wheel. The reason being is that I'll also run them in the summer on my main mowing tractor, the 2005 Classic. I really push the limits mowing sideways on the hills and it will give me a little more margin for error. Mowing up the hills that are just too steep hasn't been a problem but the extra weight sure won't hurt. I found a set of 75 pounders down in Bremen and picked them up yesterday. Pictured next to a set I got from Scott a few years ago and you can see the size difference for the additional weight. I also like the fact that the carriage bolts and nuts won't be protruding outside the weight. I think I done good getting 150# of weights for 50 smackers. Gotta get the proper decals on them though. 

1964031794_Wheelweights.JPG.6b74912361a7b7219febabfd8d3661d9.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

cleat

The tires on my mowing tractors are liquid filled and that really helps when mowing ditches and hills 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
47 minutes ago, cleat said:

The tires on my mowing tractors are liquid filled and that really helps when mowing ditches and hills 

That's the best thing since sliced bread.

I recommend liquid filled tires to anyone.

Stormin

Had a bit of a mishap when mowing alongside the pond, outside our abode last week. There's a big willow tree that I pass under and I push the hanging strands to one side as I do so. These are practically touching the ground and this time I didn't quite get things right. Some strands tangled round the stack and snapped off the silencer/muffler. Just above the clamp.

P1020746.JPG.1979500bd65627b29989001cf779c7c8.JPG

Went to a local tractor, quad, garden machinery outfit to see what they had. Only thing kind of suitable was a silencer/muffler for B&S 10 - 12hp engines.  Had to order it and I picked it up today.

It was made to screw into the head, but as can be imagined, the stub in the Kohler head was not going to budge. A little bit of measuring told me the existing pipe O.D. just above the bend, was slightly bigger than the new silencers.

So I cut the pipe just below the join and off to the farm workshop to borrow the ocy/acet and heat the end of the bent pipe up. Getting it red hot allowed me to screw the threaded end of the new silencer into it. Worked a treat and no welding was needed, as the fit was good and tight.

Fitted to the engine and we're back in business.

P1020983.JPG

OH! The willow has had a bit of a trim as well. :D

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2